Trump vacation tracker 1 in 5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
WTF.. GW was on vacation for 35% of his 2 terms in office? Am I reading that right?

He was at his ranch clearing brush or whatever, yes. The claim was that he was still working while he was there and there’s probably some truth to that, but he wasn’t at the White House where all of the staff and infrastructure to make a president most effective is located.

Feb 4, 2009
WTF.. GW was on vacation for 35% of his 2 terms in office? Am I reading that right?

Yeah per that chart Carter is the only one who did it right.

I was coming to say. Personally I believe all Presidents take far too much vacation time. 40 plus days a year off is a pretty good job.
That’s using Obama’s meager numbers.
Presidents should be like the rest of us, 20 days off a year not expected to be in the office on holidays provided nothing is going on.
when campaigning for re-election that is not vacation time provided they are actually campaigning.

My main problem with President Trump is he obviously lied when he said he would be the hardest working president and we’d know because he would never take a vacation, plus his perpetual bitching about Obama’s vacations. President Trump is easily exceeding all recent Presidents.

Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I see something different. Who was with him? Does anyone know what was discussed? 'Golf' has long been synonymous with 'corporate networking'. How hard/easy is it to record conversations out there in the open with the SS behind every tree making sure no one else is within range to do so?

The Orange One could be out there deliberately for reasons other than chasing a little white ball around.
Boy, you got to carry that weight, carry that weight a long time......………….

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Gosh, it's almost like the 8 years conservatives screeched about Obama was completely insincere. Shocking.

Not only did Obama take less vaca time, he didn't use his position to make money by vacationing either.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gosh, it's almost like the 8 years conservatives screeched about Obama was completely insincere. Shocking.

Not only did Obama take less vaca time, he didn't use his position to make money by vacationing either.
Also Obama did not use the office for self enrichment. But hey, why should people like @Juiblex make statements totally unrelated in reality. That's the alt-fact world in which we live. Some of us don't want that to be acceptable.

Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What I find most revealing is how certain people in my family view this activity who often dinged Obama for it. It's hard not to come to a conclusion that it is in large part racially motivated since a black man engaging in leisure is implied to be lazy but a white dude doing it is just an entitlement of his status.

and...there it is. always. The GOP loves them some casual racism.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
Ah yes, the old bothsides means one side is better hypocrisy..

Project much? I am not defending Trump at all in my response. What I am doing however, is when the republicans had this same post about Obama you guys jumped to his defense. Now you are on the attack. I just find it very entertaining watching the clowns on both sides play the game of tug of war... Wasting your energy in the process.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Project much? I am not defending Trump at all in my response. What I am doing however, is when the republicans had this same post about Obama you guys jumped to his defense. Now you are on the attack. I just find it very entertaining watching the clowns on both sides play the game of tug of war... Wasting your energy in the process.
View attachment 15190

Haha, what attack? Facts? Numbers? More outright lies from the GOP and it's voters?

• Love

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
The difference is that Rethuglicans cried about EVERYTHING Obama did, whether it was good or bad; justified or not. In direct opposition, they have covered for every last thing that Trump has said or done since taking office. But no no no...no hypocrisy here, folks! :laughing:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
View attachment 15190
What an odd place to find oneself... Cant defend Trumpism nomore but still has that deep desire unload crap on someone...

• Haha
Reactions: Vic and Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The difference is that Rethuglicans cried about EVERYTHING Obama did, whether it was good or bad; justified or not. In direct opposition, they have covered for every last thing that Trump has said or done since taking office. But no no no...no hypocrisy here, folks! :laughing:
Including the tan suit, including made up shit like birtherism.

Someone please tell @Juiblex there is a difference between going 5 mph over the speed limit vs 50 over. Penalties are vastly different too.

Save the #bothsides for something legitimate.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

Someone please tell @Juiblex there is a difference between going 5 mph over the speed limit vs 50 over. Penalties are vastly different too.

Facts be damned! This administrations use of 'alternative-facts' means that a Democrat jaywalking is just as bad as a republican hiring a hitman to kill their spouse. After all, at least the rethuglican is a patriot! Fuck you, libtards!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

dont forget mustard and terrorist fist bump...

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
View attachment 15190

Its not the same thing. You wish it was but that doesnt make it so.

• Haha
Feb 4, 2009
View attachment 15190

The important difference is the President went out of his way to say his predecessor vacationed too much, he also stated he will be too busy to vacation. The President is on track to exceed all other recent Presidents in total vacation time.
This is the difference, I would argue you are doing exactly what is in that gif.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The important difference is the President went out of his way to say his predecessor vacationed too much, he also stated he will be too busy to vacation. The President is on track to exceed all other recent Presidents in total vacation time.
This is the difference, I would argue you are doing exactly what is in that gif.

are you saying the president of the united states is a petty little bitch?

• Love

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Yeah per that chart Carter is the only one who did it right.

I was coming to say. Personally I believe all Presidents take far too much vacation time. 40 plus days a year off is a pretty good job.
That’s using Obama’s meager numbers.
Presidents should be like the rest of us, 20 days off a year not expected to be in the office on holidays provided nothing is going on.
when campaigning for re-election that is not vacation time provided they are actually campaigning.

My main problem with President Trump is he obviously lied when he said he would be the hardest working president and we’d know because he would never take a vacation, plus his perpetual bitching about Obama’s vacations. President Trump is easily exceeding all recent Presidents.

you only take 20 days off a year? wowowoowow i feel bad for you, maybe you make alot more money then me but i take a minimum of 12 weeks off a year, 4 weeks in Europe this year 10 weeks in asia, going to asia for another 6 weeks in march/april then taking the whole month of October off for my birthday :)