Trump vacation tracker 1 in 5

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
You're really just making my point for me. The average american is not part of a union anymore TMK, and teachers still are. They certainly enjoy great benefits. My wife is part of the MTA (MA teachers Union) and the benefits are not bad at all. We were able to save 50% on an HMO style healthcare plan for a family of four. She gets a pension, gets to retire from the position at 55 if she chooses, and a ton of travel related benefits.

My corporate America gig is far more demanding, to s of overnights and weekends, and the benefits suck comparatively. But, my benefits in some ways are definitely better than other corporate gig employees I chat with. Not griping, job searching for a while, just making a point.

Just the healthcare alone was super sweet. $1000/ month to $500 was awesome.

These situations are relative, including costs of raising children.

Which Democrats actually want widespread unionization? Just an FYI, the premium goes down the more unionization there is (roughly 20-30% more pay for private sector unionized workers in US currently, but that would go down).

The closest to it was Yang's UBI (for someone just making around ~30K, the 12K is roughly around 30%). Krugman says it's too much though and so do all the Democrats.

Feb 4, 2009
Which Democrats actually want widespread unionization? Just an FYI, the premium goes down the more unionization there is (roughly 20-30% more pay for private sector unionized workers in US currently, but that would go down).

The closest to it was Yang's UBI (for someone just making around ~30K, the 12K is roughly around 30%). Krugman says it's too much though and so do all the Democrats.

All I know is the organized guys continued to have great healthcare and continued to get pay increases during the meltdown, while I a non bargained employee saw large benefit cost increases, lost a weeks vacation plus pay freezes.
Not to mention they’ve yet to have a lay-off where as I did.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

So that makes two more. Seems quite a few candidates. I'm curious how it would really play out if any of these are elected.

spread the word.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
$97,000...the cost to the taxpayers for Eric Trump to visit one of Trump's properties in Uruguay.
This is ridiculous!

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

So that makes two more. Seems quite a few candidates. I'm curious how it would really play out if any of these are elected.

spread the word.

I don't believe any of them said they wanted to turn over unemployment insurance to the unions, which was one path to getting above 20-35%. The few countries that get around 70-80% unionization do more than industry-wide bargaining.

Feb 4, 2009
Nearly $600k spent in golf cart rentals for the secret service. 2017 to now.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Nearly $600k spent in golf cart rentals for the secret service. 2017 to now.

How much has the government spent protecting President Donald Trump and his family on vacations, business travel and golf outings? Nobody knows for sure -- because Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is fighting requests to disclose the costs until after the 2020 election. What we do know is that the Secret Service has spent $588,000 renting golf carts since 2017.

Just for emphasis, this comes from the party that screams bloody murder about any perceived lack of gubbermint transparency

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
How much has the government spent protecting President Donald Trump and his family on vacations, business travel and golf outings? Nobody knows for sure -- because Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is fighting requests to disclose the costs until after the 2020 election. What we do know is that the Secret Service has spent $588,000 renting golf carts since 2017.

Just for emphasis, this comes from the party that screams bloody murder about any perceived lack of gubbermint transparency

It would be nice if every once in a while they weren't quite as blatantly corrupt.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
To this very day I still find it highly amusing to see in the news and elsewhere how many of Trump's supporters will agonizingly, tortuously, laboriously and with the intricately vapid use of projection, smoke and mirrors come to the defense of Trump's daily mishmash of self-inflicted humiliating embarrassments.

My only disappointment is that they gave up trying to defend his daily barrage of blatantly obvious lies (well mostly anyway) which was a letdown for me because I've had to assume that they've actually rationalized themselves into thinking Trump doesn't ever lie in order to avoid going through the trouble of defending those zingers.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Since 2016, federal government departments have spent about $130 million for Trump to hit the links. That doesn’t include another $13.8 million incurred in local security costs that the federal government reimbursed to the city of Palm Beach through spring 2019. If you extrapolate those costs to today’s date, the total local and federal costs for Trump’s athletic endeavors total $152 million or roughly $50.6 million per year for Trump to play golf. In the three years since Trump became president, no billionaire team owner, no sports organization, no company has paid a human being more to play golf.

ouch

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Since 2016, federal government departments have spent about $130 million for Trump to hit the links. That doesn’t include another $13.8 million incurred in local security costs that the federal government reimbursed to the city of Palm Beach through spring 2019. If you extrapolate those costs to today’s date, the total local and federal costs for Trump’s athletic endeavors total $152 million or roughly $50.6 million per year for Trump to play golf. In the three years since Trump became president, no billionaire team owner, no sports organization, no company has paid a human being more to play golf.

ouch
Seems like a good point to raise once we're in the general.
Back to back with his comments on how he won't have time for golfing.