Trump Twitter Trouble Thread 2016-2020?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
And how is it that you imagine that you're invited to such places? Are you an elected or appointed government official?
But thanks for sharing your delusions of grandeur and hatred of democracy.

What's really amusing is that he's insinuating you aren't welcome at places of the govt. "of the people, by the people, and for the people". Kind of dickish. No, wait. Not kind of. Actually, just plain unamerican.

Reactions: Vic

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Some of his recent tweets would be things he'd have to answer some uncomfortable questions about on his SF86. If he were John Q. Public. Things that an investigator would red flag and likely deny him for, to be perfectly honest.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
this just tweeted...

"North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!"

"China has been taking out massive amounts of money & wealth from the U.S. in totally one-sided trade, but won't help with North Korea. Nice!"

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I enjoy how he ends his tweets with sarcastic one-word exclamations. So presidential, bigly even.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
It occurs to me that if we were in a meritocratic nation, Trump would have a hard time gaining control of a Dairy Queen. Thanks to the magic of inheritance, huge bank loans and of course being a white male he has managed to take control of the largest military on earth. Maybe inheritance laws need to be re-written?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If he is a global security risc, shouldnt NSA or something handle him?

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If you're so bothered by his tweets I suggest talking to twitter.
Otherwise the risk will be handled by his senior staff.

That his staff is hand picked by The Don himself, and that they were hired to dutifully consummate his every whim and defensively "interpret" his seemingly drug induced tweets, and obey his every off the cuff edict, AND most importantly interminably stroke his ego in excess isn't a good foundation to build a Tower of Confidence on. ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you're so bothered by his tweets I suggest talking to twitter.
Otherwise the risk will be handled by his senior staff.

El

Oh

EL

(I mean, let's just ignore the admission that they guy is too incompetent to keep his mouth closed, that you are arguing that his handlers are necessary to prevent nuclear winter...and just stick with your belief that he hasn't appointed vacuous YES men)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Dickhead is on Twitter threatening GM to make it's small cars in the US or face import taxes.

Also after Obamacare again. I hope the GOP fully repeals it with no replacement plan, no delays, and strips the Medicare expansion away from all states.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If he keeps this up its gonna be "the boy that cried wolf" .. and thats kinda scary, Imagine a Trump that does not get the attention he so desperately craves.. He is gonna one-up himself till he is threatning with nukes... probably sooner rather than later.

I dub thee "twitter nukes"

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
If he keeps this up its gonna be "the boy that cried wolf" .. and thats kinda scary, Imagine a Trump that does not get the attention he so desperately craves.. He is gonna one-up himself till he is threatning with nukes... probably sooner rather than later.

I dub thee "twitter nukes"

It's already the case. GM dropped 1% on the tweet, and immediately regained 1% after they responded. They're up 1/2% net since the tweet, so the markets are already tuning him out.

Reactions: cytg111

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
two tweets put together, just how stupid is our next president?

"The dishonest media likes saying that I am in Agreement with Julian Assange - wrong. I simply state what he states, it is for the people to make up their own minds as to the truth. The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!"

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
He's so F ing dumb. If he just STFU and played nice with the CIA he'd get all the fascist goodies he wants. Maybe even prosecuting reporters for insulting him or allowing his sons Uday and Qusay as cabinet appointments.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the road to impeachment by April, at this rate.

Feb 16, 2005

"The dishonest media likes saying that I am in Agreement with Julian Assange - wrong. I simply state what he states, it is for the people to make up their own minds as to the truth. The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!"
I think that's been patently obvious for some time now, it's more the question of how stupid are his followers?

Jan 25, 2011

Yeah. He's just a broker of facts. Putting "intelligence" in quotes and "Russian hacking" in quotes is simply being factual. It is in no way a commentary.

Didn't he say Assange should be hung years ago for what he does?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I am trying to look at this spat with the CIA as both one of the better things about Trump, and as a direct result of his appointment of Gen. Flynn as his national security advisor. He's well known to be prone to conspiracy theories, and his son is absolute loon. I'm sure much of trumps vacuous national security mindshare is occupied by "Flynn Facts" which don't exactly agree with the CIA's assessments. I'm sure he's also somewhat upset about his ouster from his poison at the DIA, and he blames the DNI. It being one of the "better" parts about trump is directly related to personal schadenfreude on my part, as I dislike the CIA.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Checked in on Trump's twitter feed and it's a mess. I'm too lazy to screenshot then crop and host everyone of them.

Suffice it to say it's a whole lot about the hacking, basically blaming anyone but the Russians, interspersed with a little commentary about the ratings of the Apprentice with Schwarznegger as host and how his ratings suck but who cares, Arnold supported Kasich and Hillary so fuck him (jesus what a petty motherfucker) and how is going to meet with some famous people like Anna Wintour who is the head of the largest fashion magazine (he adores the celebrity life). I mean he executive produces the Apprentice so would profit if the show does well, but he is more concerned with panning the show cause the host wasn't a Trumpist. Duh.

Oh also he claims the media is dishonest saying America is paying for the wall cause Mexico is going to pay for it LATER now. LOL

The guy is all over the place and comes across as a juvenile, not a president. At all.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Man his Twitter feed was on fire this weekend! The guy is truly the gift that keeps on given.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
He is back to attacking Saturday Night Live again.

The guy is amazingly petty and he constantly continues to impress what a douchebag he really is