Trump Twitter Trouble Thread 2016-2020?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
"I love the poorly educated"
trump-unpresidented-tweet.jpg

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Trumps Twitter insult against Vanity Fair backfired, they had tremendous unique vistors and page views afterwards, and signed up the most subscribers in any one day of all of Conde Nasts properties:

http://reverbpress.com/politics/won...rpedo-vanity-fair-over-bad-restaurant-review/

"In fact, after Trump’s ham-fisted insult on Twitter, the magazine’s subscriptions increased by as much as 100 fold, noted Folio writer Becky Peterson.

In fact, the magazine reeled in the highest number of subscriptions sold in one single day among Conde Nast publications on Thursday, the company told Folio."

I'd check to see if Trump has stock in them...

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Damn it, the OP is not keeping this thread alive!

Here's a great one from the weekend:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/813945096269860866

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago
The U.S. Consumer Confidence Index for December surged nearly four points to 113.7, THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS! Thanks Donald!

Yes, he's thanking himself in the 3rd person there at the end. Classic stuff.
But what he is thanking himself for doesn't seem to make much sense as the index has been up over 90s for months and months, if not years (Thanks Obama!)
https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consumer-confidence-index-cci.htm

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Damn it, the OP is not keeping this thread alive!

Here's a great one from the weekend:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/813945096269860866

Yes, he's thanking himself in the 3rd person there at the end. Classic stuff.
But what he is thanking himself for doesn't seem to make much sense as the index has been up over 90s for months and months, if not years (Thanks Obama!)
https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consumer-confidence-index-cci.htm

It's also the result of a bizarre (but not surprising) uptick in confidence from Republicans that just so happened to coincide with the election. (there was also a shift from Democrats downward, but it was significantly smaller) Shockingly enough, people interpret how well the economy is doing based on partisanship.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
By squirming, I mean he just skips them as a middleman, and screws up their control, how the heck can they anticipate crazy? ;)
He's insanely easy to manipulate. You just need to prod him and you can get him ranting about whatever you want!

He's the medias dream!

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
He took down those jerks at Lockheed Martin. Wiped out a few Billion in market cap with a tweet. Serves them right for defying gravity with their silly science machines. In trumps america we don't fly, we drive in diesel burning four-wheel-drive vehicles like real americans.

I don't have any problem with this. Take down the military-industrial complex and get stock speculators dizzy at the same time. I genuinely hope that he exerts power purely through talk. Pharmaceutical companies gaming the system to grossly overcharge for old medication? "Mylan is the WORST, they're killing Americans! This cannot stand, I will change the patent laws!" Apple continues to funnel billions of tax dollars through Ireland? "Apple is RIPPING OFF Americans, we will make them pay!" I don't want him to just speak generically, specifically target individual corporations and absolutely wreck them. Speak loudly, fuck the big stick, that can come later if it's really needed.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He took down those jerks at Lockheed Martin. Wiped out a few Billion in market cap with a tweet. Serves them right for defying gravity with their silly science machines. In trumps america we don't fly, we drive in diesel burning four-wheel-drive vehicles like real americans.

The man is an idiot.
What is his play here, plummet the stock, refuse to pay outstanding contracts, then offer to pay 50% or they get nothing?
Blackmail and highway robbery by twitter?

You guys will win so much over the next 4 years that youll get outright tired of it. Tired of so much winning. High energy, high T, tigerblood, he's on a drug and its called trump, banging 7 gram rocks of it.
Holy smokes.

You know, there is an easy fix for this. If some(one) were to deny him access to twitter.. He would loose 90% of his voice.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I don't have any problem with this. Take down the military-industrial complex and get stock speculators dizzy at the same time. I genuinely hope that he exerts power purely through talk. Pharmaceutical companies gaming the system to grossly overcharge for old medication? "Mylan is the WORST, they're killing Americans! This cannot stand, I will change the patent laws!" Apple continues to funnel billions of tax dollars through Ireland? "Apple is RIPPING OFF Americans, we will make them pay!" I don't want him to just speak generically, specifically target individual corporations and absolutely wreck them. Speak loudly, fuck the big stick, that can come later if it's really needed.

Sure, yea, but through Twitter?? There is a reason for laws against insider trading, this is sort of level-up from that.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
If they take his twitter account away, he will just switch to another platform and take his rabid fans with him. No doubt he would then threaten twitter with a boycott etc.... it would not be smart for them to ban him. He is quite the cyberbully but as others mentioned perhaps Melania will get a handle on him with her anti-bullying campaign.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
what a petty prick:

Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
yea, having a petulant, vindictive child holding the highest office in the land will be 'fun'

At least we can agree that this is the actual problem of having Trump as President.
Rest of the issues raised are largely noise next to this.

Jul 9, 2009
what a petty prick:

Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!
You have a good New Year also. Please be careful and keep your eyes open while having a good time.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The White House? The Senate? The House? The Supreme Court? Those are my safe spaces for now, sorry, but you're not invited.
And how is it that you imagine that you're invited to such places? Are you an elected or appointed government official?
But thanks for sharing your delusions of grandeur and hatred of democracy.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's funny.. in another thread, tajmahal was saying that the left is trying to suppress free speech, while here he's boasting that anyone not on his side will be denied even a voice in government. And without even a trace of irony.
This is how blind partisanship leads to tyranny.

Reactions: xthetenth