Trump Twitter Trouble Thread 2016-2020?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Figured we could have one thread of Trump's Twitter attacks and angry posts since each one is not important enough for its own thread but we do deserve to keep a running tally.

His latest? Attacking Vanity Fair, who panned his restaurant Trump Grill in a recent review

http://www.adweek.com/news/press/tr...rum-over-vanity-fair-restaurant-review-175130

trump-grill-twitter-hed-2016.png

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I really hate to love his tweeting as much as I do.
It's honestly the best part about the man. Just comically unbelievable. I hope Melania's anti-bullying campaign takes him down.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I really hate to love his tweeting as much as I do.
It's honestly the best part about the man. Just comically unbelievable. I hope Melania's anti-bullying campaign takes him down.

I know what you mean. My first thought prior to election was "you know, part of me is going to miss that idiot on Twitter." Then, it was well "hey, at least we get 4 years of Twitter entertainment....while the country and eastern/northern Europe burns!"

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I know what you mean. My first thought prior to election was "you know, part of me is going to miss that idiot on Twitter." Then, it was well "hey, at least we get 4 years of Twitter entertainment....while the country and eastern/northern Europe burns!"

Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
He took down those jerks at Lockheed Martin. Wiped out a few Billion in market cap with a tweet. Serves them right for defying gravity with their silly science machines. In trumps america we don't fly, we drive in diesel burning four-wheel-drive vehicles like real americans.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I hope Melania's anti-bullying campaign takes him down.

He really is an artist at that specifically. He's probably the greatest cyberbully on the planet right now. Who else comes close?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I mainly look at his twitter feed now to see what pieces I should read based upon who in the media he's hating on at the movement. The Vanity Fair review of Trump Grill did not disappoint. It's a masterpiece tear down of not only the cuisine but the establishment owner's ego. It reminds me a bit of the epic NYT take down of Guy Fieri's restaurant which ironically features another creepy lecherous narcissistic egomaniac.

Feb 16, 2005
I mainly look at his twitter feed now to see what pieces I should read based upon who in the media he's hating on at the movement. The Vanity Fair review of Trump Grill did not disappoint. It's a masterpiece tear down of not only the cuisine but the establishment owner's ego. It reminds me a bit of the epic NYT take down of Guy Fieri's restaurant which ironically features another creepy lecherous narcissistic egomaniac.
link? I enjoy a good takedown of a narcissistic twatwaffle as much as the next pinko, liberal scum.

nm... found it.
love the title
'trump grill could be the worst restaurant in america'
Wow. the food looks like total shit.
trump-tower-grill-restaurant-new-york-city-03.jpg

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
I think he's basically out of control on Twitter, but find it amusing as hell how he manages to make the media squirm.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think he's basically out of control on Twitter, but find it amusing as hell how he manages to make the media squirm.

Conversely it's pretty apparent that at least some of the media can make him squirm rather easily. He's particularly susceptible to NYC based media elites who he has forever longed for approval from due to his Grand Canyon sized inferiority complex.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

pretty sure that....no. Actually, I'm certain that you have that completely backward.

Do you even read these tweets? lol.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
pretty sure that....no. Actually, I'm certain that you have that completely backward.

Do you even read these tweets? lol.

By squirming, I mean he just skips them as a middleman, and screws up their control, how the heck can they anticipate crazy? ;)

Jan 25, 2011
What's sad here is after January 20, if he continues to behave this way, half the country will argue in favor of him throwing the weight of the Office of the Presidency at American businesses to try and bring them down.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump is also famous for holding grudges and going after people/entities that he felt slighted him. I have no doubt he would use the power of the presidency to do so. Let's see what he does and if any entities like companies or individuals change their tunes

"Billionaire and Virgin Group founder Richard Branson published a blog post on Fridayrecalling his first interaction with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, in which Trump reportedly vowed to spend the rest of his life seeking revenge on five people who had refused to help him.

Branson said their encounter took place years ago, when Trump had invited him to a one-on-one lunch in his Manhattan apartment.

"Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help," Branson wrote, although he didn't identify the five people.

"He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people."

Branson called the encounter "bizarre" and expressed concerns about Trump's "vindictive streak," which he said wouldn't bode well for a president who should be more concerned with global affairs than personal vendettas."

and

"Vindictiveness is a point of pride for Trump, Johnston said. “His personal motto is ‘get revenge,’” said the reporter, who devotes an entire chapter to Trump’s speechifying and writings on the subject. Describing how Trump fired a female employee who, citing ethical qualms, wouldn’t call a banker friend on his behalf, Johnston quotes Trump’s own account from his book, Think Big:

“She ended up losing her home. Her husband, who was only in it for the money, walked out on her and I was glad… I can’t stomach disloyalty…and now I go out of my way to make her life miserable.”
"

Reactions: MajinCry

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump is also famous for holding grudges and going after people/entities that he felt slighted him. I have no doubt he would use the power of the presidency to do so. Let's see what he does and if any entities like companies or individuals change their tunes

"Billionaire and Virgin Group founder Richard Branson published a blog post on Fridayrecalling his first interaction with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, in which Trump reportedly vowed to spend the rest of his life seeking revenge on five people who had refused to help him.

Branson said their encounter took place years ago, when Trump had invited him to a one-on-one lunch in his Manhattan apartment.

"Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help," Branson wrote, although he didn't identify the five people.

"He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people."

Branson called the encounter "bizarre" and expressed concerns about Trump's "vindictive streak," which he said wouldn't bode well for a president who should be more concerned with global affairs than personal vendettas."

and

"Vindictiveness is a point of pride for Trump, Johnston said. “His personal motto is ‘get revenge,’” said the reporter, who devotes an entire chapter to Trump’s speechifying and writings on the subject. Describing how Trump fired a female employee who, citing ethical qualms, wouldn’t call a banker friend on his behalf, Johnston quotes Trump’s own account from his book, Think Big:

“She ended up losing her home. Her husband, who was only in it for the money, walked out on her and I was glad… I can’t stomach disloyalty…and now I go out of my way to make her life miserable.”
"

I wonder how people who voted for him read this sort of thing. Do they try and convince themselves it's all a liberal lie? If not, how can you read this sort of thing and come away with any feeling other than the deep concern that this guy is mentally ill?

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
link? I enjoy a good takedown of a narcissistic twatwaffle as much as the next pinko, liberal scum.

nm... found it.
love the title
'trump grill could be the worst restaurant in america'
Wow. the food looks like total shit.
trump-tower-grill-restaurant-new-york-city-03.jpg

An overpriced tourist trap selling crap in NYC Holy shit I am surprised.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Figured we could have one thread of Trump's Twitter attacks and angry posts since each one is not important enough for its own thread but we do deserve to keep a running tally.

His latest? Attacking Vanity Fair, who panned his restaurant Trump Grill in a recent review

http://www.adweek.com/news/press/tr...rum-over-vanity-fair-restaurant-review-175130

trump-grill-twitter-hed-2016.png

You have to admit. he took down 17 GOP candidates and the entire DNC with the Clinton machine at the helm, hundreds of millions spent for nothing. He did it all with just twitter.

You have to be amazed at the smoldering mess he is leaving behind. The next 4 years will be fun.

Feb 16, 2005
You have to admit. he took down 17 GOP candidates and the entire DNC with the Clinton machine at the helm, hundreds of millions spent for nothing. He did it all with just twitter.

You have to be amazed at the smoldering mess he is leaving behind. The next 4 years will be fun.
yea, having a petulant, vindictive child holding the highest office in the land will be 'fun'

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
An overpriced tourist trap selling crap in NYC Holy shit I am surprised.

that wasn't the point of the thread. this particular takedown by the Vanity Fair writer was pretty good though, another one is the Pete Wells NYT review of Guy Fieri's joint.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

from a Machiavellian point of view what Trump did was admirable and impressive.

if you have some ethics though, it becomes less admirable and more just fucked up.

the next 4 years won't be fun, unless you are in the 1%, then I think you will be living it up. everyone else is gonna basically go eat a dick.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trumps Twitter insult against Vanity Fair backfired, they had tremendous unique vistors and page views afterwards, and signed up the most subscribers in any one day of all of Conde Nasts properties:

http://reverbpress.com/politics/won...rpedo-vanity-fair-over-bad-restaurant-review/

"In fact, after Trump’s ham-fisted insult on Twitter, the magazine’s subscriptions increased by as much as 100 fold, noted Folio writer Becky Peterson.

In fact, the magazine reeled in the highest number of subscriptions sold in one single day among Conde Nast publications on Thursday, the company told Folio."

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti