Trump to advance Keystone, Dakota Access pipelines

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
But if it kills off a community of dem welfarin' redders, all the better! Make America Great Again! More attack dogs! More dying Native Americans!

And here I was, thinking that Native Americans are people. But clearly, if they get poisoned so that some rich white cunts get bigger profits, all is well.

those are some bold statements to make. care to back them up with something other than hysterics?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Remind me again which pipeline is going to kill us all.

pipeline_line_map-630x420.gif

Kick that straw.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The federal government should cut all funding for Native American Tribes if that is what it takes to get the pipelines built.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
The federal government should cut all funding for Native American Tribes if that is what it takes to get the pipelines built.

And Native Americans should sue the American government for the value of the land they stole from them..... I think a $100 trillion check would cover it.

It is not enough that we stole their land and their way of life, impoverished them on reservations.... no we have to spit in their faces too. We have to let them know just how sub-human they really are.

Meanwhile a piece of shit on Trumps cabinet who has made billions in the fracking industry is SUING to keep a fracking installation from being erected near his mansion. Guess who won't have a frack installation near their home?

Watch Piasa express outrage that a fracking company would dare attempt to frack near a wealthy Trump cabinet member. Anything to suck the toe jam from the feet of the oligarchy I guess.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Trump has ownership in the pipelines, so of course he revived them. The real issue BTW isn't the pipelines themselves but how much public land is being given away to build them.

dead_smiley

Jun 13, 2016
And Native Americans should sue the American government for the value of the land they stole from them..... I think a $100 trillion check would cover it.

It is not enough that we stole their land and their way of life, impoverished them on reservations.... no we have to spit in their faces too. We have to let them know just how sub-human they really are.

Meanwhile a piece of shit on Trumps cabinet who has made billions in the fracking industry is SUING to keep a fracking installation from being erected near his mansion. Guess who won't have a frack installation near their home?

Watch Piasa express outrage that a fracking company would dare attempt to frack near a wealthy Trump cabinet member. Anything to suck the toe jam from the feet of the oligarchy I guess.

No nation on this earth exists without conquest. The land wasn't stolen, it was won through conquest.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No nation on this earth exists without conquest. The land wasn't stolen, it was won through conquest.
That conquest ended in multiple treaties with the various Native American nations, and adherence to those treaties is the legal basis of the federal government's ownership of the land under discussion.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Trump has ownership in the pipelines, so of course he revived them. The real issue BTW isn't the pipelines themselves but how much public land is being given away to build them.
For the Dakota Access pipeline, only 0.02% is on public land. For Keystone, I couldn't find a final map but what I found suggests that 42 miles is on public lands.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ok guys, lots of hyperbole and hysterics. What are the actual concrete issues in play? What are the real reasons to oppose this pipeline? I don't have an informed opinion on the matter one way or another, so I'm asking.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Of course not. It's Gift from god rape.

If it's a beloved patriot, it's just boys being boys. If it's a Yazidi, the Arabs are evil and must be destroyed. If it's a young child, the Catholic Church must protect itself. If it's a red, it's their fault for being red.

Sing it with me now: "America, Land Of The Free"

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Ok guys, lots of hyperbole and hysterics. What are the actual concrete issues in play? What are the real reasons to oppose this pipeline? I don't have an informed opinion on the matter one way or another, so I'm asking.

Because it goes right through Native American land. Pipeline leaks, water gets poisoned, Natives die from thirst, nobody cares.

Keep in mind that it isn't just hot air and bluster. The pipeline's security used attack dogs on the Native American protestors. They really, REALLY don't want the red man to have any say on what's done to them.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Because it goes right through Native American land. Pipeline leaks, water gets poisoned, Natives die from thirst, nobody cares.
IIRC it's slightly more complicated than that, it was originally planned to go north of Bismarck, and they were like "Hey, what if this son of a bitch leaks? How 'bout you move it downstream?" and then pipeline people were all "Okay, NP."
Then the Native Americans said "Whoa, we need this water for drinking, what if it leaks?" and then the pipeline folks said "LOL WUT sucks to be you".

dead_smiley

Jun 13, 2016
That conquest ended in multiple treaties with the various Native American nations, and adherence to those treaties is the legal basis of the federal government's ownership of the land under discussion.

No portion of the pipeline actually crosses the Standing Rock reservation land. This is why their legal claims have been denied. Twice.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
No portion of the pipeline actually crosses the Standing Rock reservation land. This is why their legal claims have been denied. Twice.

But if it crosses their water? Pffft, you won't instantly die without clean water. Look at the Africans, they've dirty water and they're still alive.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

You probably already know but in 1980 The Sioux, lakotas and other tribes of the Black hills area were award by the Supreme court over 1 Billions dollars for the land taken from them, well stolen from them. They refused the offer are still trying to get the original land from the 1851 Fort Laramie Treaty back. Its more complicated than that, but its what I remember.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Think this is right?

The company doing the pipeline is a Canadian Company and they are using eminent domain on american citizens land. To put it bluntly a foreign country has the power to force you off your land.

I heard this on the radio today and was shocked here is an 2011 article about eminent domain and the Keystone Pipeline. And this oil will be shipped abroad. Only the Rich will gain from this.

Crawford can’t wrap her head around why TransCanada, a foreign company, was granted the right of eminent domain to build a pipeline that wouldn’t be carrying Texas oil through the state of Texas.

https://thinkprogress.org/transcana...have-been-dead-silent-29f361eaeea4#.ieofiqpm8

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/us/transcanada-in-eminent-domain-fight-over-pipeline.html

Last edited:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

No, he doesn't. He sold all his shares last June. Google is your friend :)