Trump ties to Russia looking stronger every day

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
If enough dirt was accumulated, I'd expect impeachment and Pence takes over. Then they wind up losing the next election because of the dirt, they may very well lose it regardless, an 80,000 vote disparity across three swing states will probably be not too challenging to overcome after four years of shitshow Trump. He's already broken promises and in under three months added some really bizarre behaviour to his existing CV of madness. I guess it depends on how many objective more independently inclined voters there are, versus partisans or Trump fanatics, that can be turned over to vote Democrat. There may also be a higher voter turnout after four years of Dump and his policies. 50% is really poor, what the hell are half the eligible voters doing not voting, especially with a wingnut like Trump as one of the candidates ? I believe we have about 70-80% turnout here for federal elections. 50% is really an embarrassing showing.

People would lose faith in their democracy more than they already have if there was some sort of do-over. Also, consider the facts already known that Russia hacked the DNC and released their emails through wikileaks, along with fake news via social media, to aid Trump's campaign. They already affected the outcome of the election. I can't think of a tangible way to tell if they swung the win to Trump, but given how many people I've seen lose their shit over the email contents and be susceptible to bizarre conspiracy theories passed off as news, I'd say there is a reasonable possibility the hacking did win it for him given how close the election was.

It's only been three months or so and he's already gone fully bizarre with lies about inauguration crowd sizes, wire taps from Obama and broken campaign promises. If Trump lasts and the Democrats cannot capitalize on another 3 years and 9 months of sheer Trump idiocy to get a win...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
If enough dirt was accumulated, I'd expect impeachment and Pence takes over. Then they wind up losing the next election because of the dirt, they may very well lose it regardless, an 80,000 vote disparity across three swing states will probably be not too challenging to overcome after four years of shitshow Trump. He's already broken promises and in under three months added some really bizarre behaviour to his existing CV of madness. I guess it depends on how many objective more independently inclined voters there are, versus partisans or Trump fanatics, that can be turned over to vote Democrat. There may also be a higher voter turnout after four years of Dump and his policies. 50% is really poor, what the hell are half the eligible voters doing not voting, especially with a wingnut like Trump as one of the candidates ? I believe we have about 70-80% turnout here for federal elections. 50% is really an embarrassing showing.

People would lose faith in their democracy more than they already have if there was some sort of do-over. Also, consider the facts already known that Russia hacked the DNC and released their emails through wikileaks, along with fake news via social media, to aid Trump's campaign. They already affected the outcome of the election. I can't think of a tangible way to tell if they swung the win to Trump, but given how many people I've seen lose their shit over the email contents and be susceptible to bizarre conspiracy theories passed off as news, I'd say there is a reasonable possibility the hacking did win it for him given how close the election was.

It's only been three months or so and he's already gone fully bizarre with lies about inauguration crowd sizes, wire taps from Obama and broken campaign promises. If Trump lasts and the Democrats cannot capitalize on another 3 years and 9 months of sheer Trump idiocy to get a win...

Would you include the #nevertrump third or whatever of the GOP in "independently inclined voters"? If not, how many are exactly left after we subtract the trumpsters?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Anyone following what's going on with Roger Stone? He's the long time political dirty trickster who has known Trump for years and was a paid advisor to Trump's campaign. Back in August, he tweeted that something bad was going to happen to John Podesta, a week before the first tranche of his e-mails was released by WikiLeaks. He's also a subject of the FBI's ongoing probe, along with Manafort, Page and Flynn. Here's the latest:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/fb...cating-with-russians-behind-dnc-hacks-report/

Not only has Stone admitted that he had direct communications with Assange during the campaign, but the FBI has uncovered direct communications he had with Russian hacker "Guccifer 2.0." Stone hasn't denied this either. He claims he doesn't recall. I guess that clears up the mystery of why a Trump campaign adviser knew in advance about the release of the Podesta e-mails...

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If the Dems back off even a pinch from this controversy as well as the plethora of others that the Repubs have committed since Trump stepped into the White House, I'd say that they have written themselves off from gaining seats in 2018. The Dems need to hammer hard on this and dog it to death. I consider their efforts in this regard as their sacred duty to the people.

And hey, if Hillary was caught in a net the likes of which Trump now finds himself in, well, you can easily imagine what the Repubs would do with her, considering how they pursued those numerous wasted hearings in their attempts to smear and discredit her.

When all of the knee jerk reactions to the criticisms of the actions the GOP and the Trump admin. have committed have been collected, collated and laid out for the people of the nation to peruse, with special attention to those actions they (Trump/GOP) initiated that provided aid and cover for Trump's efforts toward evading those numerous accusations and findings irt his and his cabinet's dealings with the Russians, it's going to look really bad and quite damaging for them.

No wonder the frantic rush to pass as much of their greed-inspired legislation favoring the very wealthiest of our nation, for it doesn't look like it's going to be too much farther down the road where all of their conniving against the middle class and the poor will come flooding out and (hopefully) the resultant hangings in effigy will start in earnest.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Another CIA / Russian hack story to keep the liberals sucking on pacifiers. This is great. Keep it up.

Reactions: compuwiz1

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
This is approaching birther levels of hysteria.

Perhaps some of you are privy to info the CIA is not. If you are, hand it over so we can end this.

If not, come to reality ASAP. The inevitable disappointment to come will be less harsh emotionally.

Yeah it's birther level hysteria, that's why Flynn was fired over the controversy and Sessions had to recuse himself.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
According to one elite member, he'll take up arms against anyone wanting to remove trump from office. So my guess is civil war.

Dude its been 7 weeks, no where even close to 3 months, thats not even 2 months. The level of historical insanity this administration has been is absolutely unprecedented in American history.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I've been watching Rachel with even more internet these last couple of months. She has been explaining all this trump/russian ties and how they tie into the dossier even an idiot like me can understand. She has a knack for telling a story. I'm surprised the Alt media has not complained about her, I guess that means she's onto something and the facts are bearing out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm just going to treat this thread as a clearing house for Trump/Russia news.

Roger Stone in an interview admits he exchanged tweets with known Russia employed hacker Gufficier 2.0 and that he had back channel communications with Assange, which is supposed to explain why Stone seems to have known in advance about the release of Podesta e-mails. He of course denies that he had any knowledge of Gufficer 2.0's connection to Russian military intelligence, or that Assange has any connection to Russia.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/12/politics/stone-guccifer-2-0-messages/index.html

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah it's birther level hysteria, that's why Flynn was fired over the controversy and Sessions had to recuse himself.

If Sessions were a Democrat the Repub Congress would already be screaming for his head & benghazifying the whole thing under 57 layers of conspiracy theory.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
So what? Sessions flat out volunteered a lie under oath in his confirmation hearing.

Well was this a real lie... like Shillary lying underoath... or could the question posed by Al Franken be interpreted in such a way that this is only a lie in the minds of leftists butthurt morons? I mean fuck where was this passion when Hillary was lying to Obama and the FBI?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Well was this a real lie... like Shillary lying underoath... or could the question posed by Al Franken be interpreted in such a way that this is only a lie in the minds of leftists butthurt morons? I mean fuck where was this passion when Hillary was lying to Obama and the FBI?[/QUOTE

Which "lies" of Hilary do you speak of?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is approaching birther levels of hysteria.

Perhaps some of you are privy to info the CIA is not. If you are, hand it over so we can end this.

If not, come to reality ASAP. The inevitable disappointment to come will be less harsh emotionally.

Exactly. .

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Well was this a real lie... like Shillary lying underoath... or could the question posed by Al Franken be interpreted in such a way that this is only a lie in the minds of leftists butthurt morons? I mean fuck where was this passion when Hillary was lying to Obama and the FBI?

Which "lies" of Hilary do you speak of? Come on, man - back up your claim...

Are you honest enough to do so?

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I fail to understand the relevance of Hilary Clinton to the question of whether or not Trump colluded with Russia. She could have lied 10,000 times or never at all and either scenario has the exact same degree of relevance: none.

Reactions: soundforbjt

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I fail to understand the relevance of Hilary Clinton to the question of whether or not Trump colluded with Russia. She could have lied 10,000 times or never at all and either scenario has the exact same degree of relevance: none.

The Hillary lying part came from the comparison of Sessions reply to Al Franken's vague question to Sessions about the Russians ( which wasn't really a lie ). And Hillary lying to congress during her investigation ( which was blatant )

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The Hillary lying part came from the comparison of Sessions reply to Al Franken's vague question to Sessions about the Russians ( which wasn't really a lie ). And Hillary lying to congress during her investigation ( which was blatant )

Sessions explicitly stated he had no contact with Russians, which was not true.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Sessions explicitly stated he had no contact with Russians, which was not true.
And he wasn't even asked if he had, he volunteered that statement.

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.
SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

Last edited:

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
And he wasn't even asked if he had, he volunteered that statement.

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.
SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

101415_tor_bats_batflip_lowres_gjvlzoc9.gif