Trump Strategist Steve Bannon Says Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Nope, I don't play stupid games. It's not a numbers game. When you get caught lying, making up stuff, publishing things you can't verify, having your employees and/or contributors work with specific political candidates to further their agenda and so forth, you've lost credibility. It's not a numbers game, CNN has lost their credibility, pure and simple.

lol, "more moderate news media sites". :D :D Good one! Speaking of deluded........

Back to your bunkers! The brownshirts are coming!

You guys and your hysteria and paranoia. :D

All aboard the failtrain. Seriously. When you can't back up your argument with valid statistical evidence of actual fraudulent stories, you resort to name calling.

Either back it up in a story by story comparison, or capitulate. Anything else is just flailing about like a impotent little cult follower.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
All aboard the failtrain. Seriously. When you can't back up your argument with valid statistical evidence of actual fraudulent stories, you resort to name calling.

Either back it up in a story by story comparison, or capitulate. Anything else is just flailing about like a impotent little cult follower.

haha, just more lashing out by people afflicted with hysterical paranoia. I already explained that it's not a numbers game. Each one of those things that I pointed to as examples how an organization would lose credibility was in fact done by CNN. Feel free to look them up. No, I don't expect posts on the front page of CNN about chemtrails or silly stuff like that, they are still trying to at least keep the pretense of being a 'real' news organization, but they have no credibility.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Nope, I don't play stupid games. It's not a numbers game. When you get caught lying, making up stuff, publishing things you can't verify, having your employees and/or contributors work with specific political candidates to further their agenda and so forth, you've lost credibility. It's not a numbers game, CNN has lost their credibility, pure and simple.
I'm not certain I can recollect a point when you accepted CNN as a legitimate source.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm not certain I can recollect a point when you accepted CNN as a legitimate source.

Actually, I've generally accepted them as a real news source, albeit one with a lefty lean. They've apparently decided that the fox news model of just chucking impartiality and just backing one side or the other brings them more money. Unfortunately for them, they backed the wrong horse.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think Its intentional intellectual dishonesty, or maybe a little bit of trolling ... pretending to be super obtuse to get shits and giggles.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Is CNN a 'liberal' version of FOX? No, I think the fundamental differences far outweigh the similarities. One is corporatist and out for ratings, the other is unabashedly political and functions mostly as a propaganda outlet and rallying horn for the GOP. I feel Obama and CNN got way too cozy for comfort, for me, but it still feels weird comparing that bromance with a cold yet determined arranged marriage that's been in effect for 20+ years.

Internally they are completely different animals as well. Roger Ailes until recently ran that show like the Stasi in some regards. Pretty amazing stuff really. The level of control that guy insisted on was unreal, it doesn't surprise me at all that he and his cohorts often saw the women around them as cawk fodder.

If CNN has anything similar going on it would be news to me, link anyone?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Actually, I've generally accepted them as a real news source, albeit one with a lefty lean. They've apparently decided that the fox news model of just chucking impartiality and just backing one side or the other brings them more money. Unfortunately for them, they backed the wrong horse.

Funny since CNN is the network that basically lived stream Trump rallies.

But whatever man. Keep on keeping on. You've already owned up to the fact you can't objectively support your assertions but will continue to assert them as fact. So further discussion is pretty pointless.