News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
First they hate capital police. Now the FBI

So much for supporting law enforcement

BTW - Trump taking documents that belong to the people of the United States is no different then smash and grabs as a local mall

So what is this all going to amount to? Some documentation mishandling? Are the optics worth whatever political/social/violent fallout that comes from it?

Or is the whole "raid" thing overblown and the FBI was simply retrieving over due books and that's all that will ever come of it? The whole thing seems weird.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's really important to remember that Donald Trump committed treason.

And 95% of the slimy gutless GOP has let him slide on it so far. :confused:
You believe he committed treason. There is a vast difference between your belief and a conviction. Right now, it can be conclusively proven that Trump has not been convicted of any such thing. That could well change in the following months.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So there's a big crowd of Trumpoids gathering outside Mar-a-Lago?

What are they hoping to achieve by that?

The feeling of self importance. These are people who suffer victim mentality as America's biggest losers. They have been robbed of the dignity, even worship, that they deserve. So it's not exactly like they are hoping to achieve something as the outcome of some process of rational thinking. It's more like the mechanical reaction you see from people defeated in life due to self pity. It's one face of insanity.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You believe he committed treason. There is a vast difference between your belief and a conviction. Right now, it can be conclusively proven that Trump has not been convicted of any such thing. That could well change in the following months.

Correct. ;)

(maybe not quite as vast as it was yesterday though!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The feeling of self importance. These are people who suffer victim mentality as America's biggest losers. They have been robbed of the dignity, even worship, that they deserve. So it's not exactly like they are hoping to achieve something as the outcome of some process of rational thinking. It's more like the mechanical reaction you see from people defeated in life due to self pity. It's one face of insanity.

so, like I said?

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Good point. I myself am absolutely of the opinion that he is guilty and hope a jury agrees, but it is also not far fetched, in my opinion, that the next defense of Trump will be he was only convicted, not on the evidence as required by our legal system, but because there will be those who claim he was only convicted because the jury already believed he was guilty and would not see the evidence of his innocence.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So what is this all going to amount to? Some documentation mishandling? Are the optics worth whatever political/social/violent fallout that comes from it?

Or is the whole "raid" thing overblown and the FBI was simply retrieving over due books and that's all that will ever come of it? The whole thing seems weird.

So we just let any ex President take whatever they want upon leaving office?

National security not a problem for you?

I suggest you look up why the Presidential records act was created in 1978. You have another Republican President to thank for that

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The FBI would not have raided Trump's place on mere suspicion that he might have removed records. They would only do this if they had direct evidence that he had intentionally done so. Meaning someone is tattling on him.

Would be strange if this is what does him in, but I'll take it however it comes.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So there's a big crowd of Trumpoids gathering outside Mar-a-Lago?

What are they hoping to achieve by that?

And the Mar a Lago neighborhood association board is throwing chairs against the walls as they watch their exclusive high faloot'in-root'in-toot'in neighborhood turn into a trailer trash campground protest. I wonder how that lawsuit they filed suing Trump for illegally residing there is coming along. LOL

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
And the Mar a Lago neighborhood association board is throwing chairs against the walls as they watch their exclusive high faloot'in-root'in-toot'in neighborhood turn into a trailer trash campground protest. I wonder how that lawsuit they filed suing Trump for illegally residing there is coming along. LOL

Hopefully those "fine people" will riot and burn the place down.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Hopefully those "fine people" will riot and burn the place down.

One can hope.....I'm sure the folks living around Mar-a-Lago are wishing for that to happen. Melania and her parents would need to find someplace to go. Maybe back to Trump Tower where the New Yorkers would greet them with a warm welcome and expressing their fondness by showering them with a barrage of rotten eggs?

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, there is talk of riots and protests but frankly I think most Trump people have learned their lesson watching the insurrectionist being arrested, tried and jailed. I doubt the Trumpies feel the motivation to march on the FBI building or any other government building knowing Trump will desert them in the end. I don't see that kind of loyalty for Trump, not after what happened on Jan 6th.

As far as why the FBI raid?
I wouldn't assume this is a little thing or only seeking documents. My guess is that Donald Trump #1 thinks republicans will control the government come the midterms and #2, that will mean republican states with newly elected republican control can then de-certify the 2020 election thus returning Donald Trump back into the presidency.

This theory could have been well into the planning stage including plans for another insurrection going far beyond that of January 6th. A more organized government coup that would return Trump back into the Whitehouse.
This could be the reason for the FBI raid, to uncover an active and ongoing government overthrow plot planned to take place after the midterms. Succeeding where Jan 6th failed. Whatever the reason of the FBI and the AG, I would bet this goes far beyond Whitehouse documents.

Remember the rule of thumb when it comes to Donald Trump.... whatever terrible thing Trump is suspected of committing, take that and multiply it by 10000, then you begin uncover the true extent of it all.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
There is also the possibility Trump wanted to be raided.

He lets a birdie know he had some classified documents(something maybe not significant that would blow over), the FBI raids, Trump uses this opportunity to spin and launch his campaign.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
But FIRST…. Murdoch must go to gitmo

We like to talk about Russia and China but maybe number one is one Aussie?

Whack a hornet's nest and the defenders come pouring out in a mindless horde with one mission and purpose: kill their tormentors, just like how FOX is enraging the Repub base with a mission of killing the facts and truths of their party's malfeasance with scary hyped up bullshit. Works every time because the Repubs have been conditioned into viscerally reacting the way Murdoch and his ilk want them to.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If he broke the law and is found guilty in a court of law he should go to jail.

Riiiigh-t

6pd1b2.jpg

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I'm going to assume the documents the FBI snatched up will lead to more people than Trump potentially going to prison. As dumb as he is, he might have saved proof of all kinds of nasty shit his cohorts did. I know not directly related, but his ex buddy Rudy's about to potentially be in some deep shit himself.

I want to see Trump go down in a blaze, but even more, I want to see him + everyone who was involved in helping him crash and burn. He's far too stupid to mastermind anything so he needed help for whatever shit the FBI's about to pin to him.

I am loving reading all the comments from MAGAers on YT. Glorious how they're in denial and so upset at the Dems here.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Whack a hornet's nest and the defenders come pouring out in a mindless horde with one mission and purpose: kill their tormentors, just like how FOX is enraging the Repub base with a mission of killing the facts and truths of their party's malfeasance with scary hyped up bullshit. Works every time because the Repubs have been conditioned into viscerally reacting the way Murdoch and his ilk want them to.
Indeed, I just think this is a level or two above the usual... Fox is pushing CW here is it not? At a time where the constraints of society is at a bursting point ... Murdoch doubles down.. and then doubles down again.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He is guilty of high crimes vs a moral and just mankind.

Reactions: Lezunto