News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 223 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Our Justice system and current leadership is not prepared to take the action required to end this problem.
An alternate hypothesis is that Trump has a pet judge in charge of this case, one who is more than willing to throw sand in the gears of justice for The Donald. Justice delayed is justice denied. Trouble is an appeal by the government would probably just add more delay.

Feb 4, 2009
An alternate hypothesis is that Trump has a pet judge in charge of this case, one who is more than willing to throw sand in the gears of justice for The Donald. Justice delayed is justice denied. Trouble is an appeal by the government would probably just add more delay.
Our Justice System is not prepared in this scenario

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Reactions: hal2kilo

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Not Mar a Lago related, but this SCOTUS hearing is all but over.

Colorado is gonna get overturned. So yes, Jefferson Davis' corpse could still become POTUS.

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not Mar a Lago related, but this SCOTUS hearing is all but over.

Colorado is gonna get overturned. So yes, Jefferson Davis' corpse could still become POTUS.
I think everyone predicted this would happen. It's not the plain meaning of the law but we all knew SCOTUS was going to Calvinball their way to that decision.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think everyone predicted this would happen. It's not the plain meaning of the law but we all knew SCOTUS was going to Calvinball their way to that decision.
Why am I hearing chatter that even the liberal justices are going to side with Calvinball?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why am I hearing chatter that even the liberal justices are going to side with Calvinball?
People have floated the idea of some sort of grand bargain here where the liberal justices go along with Calvinball here so that the conservative justices side with them on Trump's insane immunity claim. No idea if that's true, of course, but it's at least plausible.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
People have floated the idea of some sort of grand bargain here where the liberal justices go along with Calvinball here so that the conservative justices side with them on Trump's insane immunity claim. No idea if that's true, of course, but it's at least plausible.

The fact that there are even rumors/whispers that a deal is necessary to decide that someone is not above the law tells me that our experiment is all but over.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The fact that there are even rumors/whispers that a deal is necessary to decide that someone is not above the law tells me that our experiment is all but over.
I agree that it is absolutely insane that there even needs to be a debate over if the president can commit unlimited crimes. Democrats need to take the corruption of the court far, far more seriously than they are.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Seems to me that trusting conservative justices to hold up their end of the bargain would be foolish.