News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Nice intuition! It would appear someone squawked.

LOL
"They were seeking to avoid any media circus," says the second source, a senior intelligence official who was briefed on the investigation and the operation. "So even though everything made sense bureaucratically and the FBI feared that the documents might be destroyed, they also created the very firestorm they sought to avoid, in ignoring the fallout."
Do they know nothing about this Trump guy? He is a living media circus (particularly the elephants), there wasn't a way to do this that wouldn't have ended with the fascists doing anything other than crying foul.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
PelnXB6.png
Bingo. This is why they believe some people are guilty even when they haven't committed any crimes while they defend others as innocent even when there is no doubt of guilt.

Nov 29, 2006
If Trump has nothing to hide, and wants to air a grievance, why not just release the warrant they gave him, as well as the receipt for items confiscated? That warrant likely has a detailed list of document categories to be seized, and may well have a description of the crime (or at least a code citation) for which he is being investigated. If it's all a politically motivated witch hunt, why not just show us the documents?

Same reason they never released any of the so called stolen election evidence?

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I find it particularly amusing that many on the right seem so offended by the fact that the FBI agents were armed during the raid. I mean, holy 2nd amendment Batman, when do law enforcement ever go anywhere in this country unarmed?

As to Trump not being there...of course he wasn't there. He's got 24/7 Secret Service protection. That would mean the FBI having to notify SS ahead time and NO ONE knew about this happening except for a select few. Plus, you've got the fact that some of his SS detail when he was president quit the agency and now work for him. That means there would have been a decent chance of a current agent giving a heads up to his buddy a former agent about the raid, giving anyone a chance to destroy or move the items they after. Why the hell would the FBI do ANYTHING if he was there?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yup this faux outrage that they’d do this against a former president. Yeah if this former president didn’t do such unprecedented acts, this wouldn’t be an issue. And imagine when the arrest warrant is issued.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yup this faux outrage that they’d do this against a former president. Yeah if this former president didn’t do such unprecedented acts, this wouldn’t be an issue. And imagine when the arrest warrant is issued.
Not to mention our system is supposed to be all about everyone being treated equally so the question is if they would do this to a regular person (they absolutely would) then they should treat ex presidents similarly.

Now maybe there’s an argument for a less aggressive posture by law enforcement generally but conservatives aren’t arguing for that. They want less aggressive policing of conservatives. If anything they want police to be even more aggressive against everyone else.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Think the Dumpster would/will surrender? I have my doubts. :oops:

He does have a strong sense of self-preservation though.... like a cockroach or a sewer-rat that fat bastard is slippery!

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Holy crap .. the "FBI planted something" is synchronized on the right from a to z from Fox to Russia Today.

Fox News. Rupert Murdoch is 100% team #FuckTheLaw and #KillDemocracy.

I thought shit would maybe take a step or two down as Trump disappeared into irrelevance.

Right wing buttheads just dialed it up 1000%.
GQP is gonna steal WHATEVER they can fucking steal from here on out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Nice intuition! It would appear someone squawked.

What remains is figuring out who it is. It seems apparent that whoever squawked knew the exact physical location of the documents, meaning it is someone in Trump's current orbit, not someone previously in the WH who is no longer close to Trump. This kind of thing has to make Trump even more paranoid. :)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Holy crap .. the "FBI planted something" is synchronized on the right from a to z from Fox to Russia Today.

I thought shit would maybe take a step or two down as Trump disappeared into irrelevance.

We are close to collapse.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

They only care because they created a cult which grew beyond their control and now they’re stuck with it .

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What remains is figuring out who it is. It seems apparent that whoever squawked knew the exact physical location of the documents, meaning it is someone in Trump's current orbit, not someone previously in the WH who is no longer close to Trump. This kind of thing has to make Trump even more paranoid. :)
I agree. The person is likely pretty high up as they knew the location and it seems the contents.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The fact that there seems to be a dedicated chorus of claims from the right of 'planted evidence' it appears they think something bad will come out of this.

The Trump backers that I'm acquainted with are being overt with their criticism of the FBI and the Democrats. We'd all be talking about other sundry things and like lightning coming out of clear blue skies the subject of how Trump is being unnecessarily pestered and persecuted by "the establishment" that can't ever be trusted is raised, and now, and now they'll take command of the floor and force the rest of us to listen to their vapid diatribes.

Same thing in social media where the subject would be how creeps would not pick up the poop their dogs leave behind and wouldn't you know a Trumpie would come in at an angle and start railing on about how the witch hunt against Trump was in full swing and how voting Republican would solve all of the nation's problems.

Reactions: Pohemi

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We White Republicans should do the talking/voting with our AR-15. Keep Texas, Florida and southern states where Jim Crow is still alive and kicking. You libtards can keep California, New York and every progressive Shithole state you have ruined with your homosexual agenda.

I've scrolled through a couple of this posters PN posts and honestly can tell if serious or taking a piss.

We wondered too. Turns out this poster apologized for his clumsy attempt to satirize MAGA types.

Perknose
Forum Director