News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I didn't say that he should be treated differently.
Speaking of treating people differently:
sE2aCv8.png

Weird, right?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Probability is that he could just have declassified those docs... but because arrogant ignorant he didnt. Now the feds get a tip that there is classified docs in civilian circulation, what are they supposed to do?
He didn't. He can't just say out loud, "I hereby declassify these documents"

There is a formal process that was not followed. Even if they were he still needs permission to take any documents from the White House per the Presidential Records Act.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So I'm a little confused, there had been reports for at least a year now of people saying Trump was notorious for flushing important documents that could land him in trouble. Now I'm seeing info saying the FBI removed maybe 12 boxes worth of documents. Seems like a person who's prone to flush evidence wouldn't have 12 boxes of it in his house? This is all just speculation on my part though, as I've never known, or heard of a person who flushes important documents down the shitter. I didn't know such a thing existed, doesn't everyone use a paper shredder? Maybe the plumbing at MAL wasn't up to the task of handling the constant flushing of classified documents.
It is if that person is looking for future leverage using state secrets or selling to the highest bidder.

Trump has done that before. Remember when he invited the Russians into the oval and revealed top secret Israeli intelligence?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I really wonder what Taj's view on this issue would be. Every Republican supporter on these forums agree on one thing, but their explanation of their agreement is always different.
Trumpers who voted for him in 2016 and now claim they wouldn't again, still won't admit 2016 was a mistake.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He didn't. He can't just say out loud, "I hereby declassify these documents"

There is a formal process that was not followed. Even if they were he still needs permission to take any documents from the White House per the Presidential Records Act.

Sure, buy it probably wouldnt have been "a raid".

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Trumpers who voted for him in 2016 and now claim they wouldn't again, still won't admit 2016 was a mistake.

And provided they don't vote for him (or anyone like him) again that's fine by me!

It gives me worlds more respect for a person if they admit it when they make a mistake but I don't need to "be right" about it if they refuse. (provided they don't talk too much smack)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"But but but, I didn't know it said that when I signed that."

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse, particularly when it's a law because you decided to sign it into law." :rolleyes: "Hand-cuff him and take him away."
Of course I didn't mean me.

Reactions: Pohemi

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
WTF??? Guy attempted to enter Cincinnati FBI field office with AR15 and a loaded nail gun. Ran out and drove away. Currently stopped on highway. Arrest hasn’t occurred yet

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So, your beef is that traitors like Roger Stone may be inconvenienced? As for carrying firearm, someone correct me if I am wrong but federal agents are required to carry while on duty.

Watch the video I posted of the Stone arrest. Many agents going in with Assault rifles at the ready like they were going after an armed killer or a drug cartel member.

As I said Drama for the masses and silly.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Watch the video I posted of the Stone arrest. Many agents going in with Assault rifles at the ready like they were going after an armed killer or a drug cartel member.

Cops do that for regular people all the time - if anything we should be happy that Roger Stone didn't get special treatment.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

It's not "Drama for the masses" it's done every day by cops because they're scared of their own shadow. This is one of the biggest complaints behind BLM and the defund the police movement where the fuck have you been?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Looks like trumpets bullied Garland to make a statement about the ‘raid’. He should’ve told them to pound sand.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There are like three or four things Garland could want to talk about that aren't the Trump FBI visit.

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo