News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
My guess is the documents they were looking for were for Trump's own protection. Compromising highly classified documents used as a personal insurance policy or collateral.

I am basing this opinion on what the media has already reported. The problem with the media. They never say why a former President would hold onto highly classified documents.

You can’t think of why a con man who is always looking for his next grift and who has a history of working with the Russians would have a need for super classified material?

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
HAAAAY, I live in Riverside. I think I'll go to this get together tomorrow so I can observe his klan up close and personal. So Cal's mostly Democrats, so I'll see 1 random MAGA hat scraggler here and there. Will probably be something else to see them all gathered up close and mingling. Hopefully, they get riled up enough to where the police will have to use some sort of less lethal force on them. I've never actually seen someone get shot with rubber bullets or bean bag rounds or whatever law enforcement uses out here.

And Riverside having an FBI HQ is news to me. If this is even accurate, as I don't know how much faith I'd put in a Trumper actually knowing what they're talking about.
News to me as well. There are plenty of rednecks and Trumpers in Riverside County though, the more south and east you go.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Maybe NOW Donald Trump knows what its like to have strangers storm your house?

View attachment 65586
I have personal experience with FBI/Fed Marshall raid. Those bastards showed up and made me get away from my computer and would not allow me to turn it off. At this point I'm thinking that all my rights have been violated and I just want to stamp my feet. Then the crazed bastards made about 25 of us pile into a 20 x 10 conference room and told us nothing. I said to myself muh freedom! Finally, after about 20 minutes the bastards let us out. The country is going to hell in a hand basket, I tell myself.
Reality check - some idiot employee claimed we fudged some QA check offs for a device that was subcontracted to us by Boeing for locating down pilots behind the lines. Bottom line is that they got about 14 GBs of email to look at, and nothing ever came of it. But, muh freedom!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I just gotta say something... can they convict Hunter NothingBurger for something so that the whataboutism ends? Everywhere I turn, Republicans keep acting like people care about their latest Billy Carter when in fact no one cares. It has got to be the silliest deflection ever.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I just gotta say something... can they convict Hunter NothingBurger for something so that the whataboutism ends? Everywhere I turn, Republicans keep acting like people care about their latest Billy Carter when in fact no one cares. It has got to be the silliest deflection ever.

He's gonna end up getting dinged for some minor, non-criminal, tax thing. Pay a fine, and move on.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Will probably just get hefty fine for his delinquent taxes. MAGAtards will change to look how lenient his penalty was.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
If there is something there, they should but trumping up charges just to satisfy conservative's whataboutism does nothing.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Do you believe all those Wall Street traders who credit default swapped us into a housing crisis were innocent? Lehman Brothers were all innocent? Do you think the Sackler family and JnJ executives that marketed us into an opioid crisis are all innocent? Why aren't any of them in jail?

I didn't say anyone was innocent. I said suspected crimes must be proven in court before you can punish IAW the laws of the land. Nothing more nothing less. You can stop trying to contort my words.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Putin is not convicted of War crimes, therefor he must not have committed war crimes.

Why engage in any type of discussion that is current in nature if the only relevant metrics worth your time is in the past? It doesnt compute man.

Putin hasn't been tried for war crimes yet. International Law isn't the same as US Law. Why are you comparing the two?

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Putin hasn't been tried for war crimes yet. International Law isn't the same as US Law. Why are you comparing the two?
I think what people are getting at is that the standard for the government imprisoning someone and the standard for normal people thinking they are guilty are very different and there's no purpose in applying the more stringent standard here because nobody's going to jail.

Like...OJ is fucking guilty.

Reactions: Brainonska511

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Again, you can bury your head in the sand if you want. Yes, technically he is not in jail, doesn't make him any less corrupt, and that's just talking about his businesses not his attempted coup.

And as mentioned by others, every sane person knew he was going to be corrupt (as he has been for decades at least) but he tapped into the primal feels of some people and got elected. Funnily enough he'd be in less legal trouble if he had just stuck to his normal grifting instead of trying to run the country like one of his businesses.

OK.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Wow, when you use the "No conviction = not true" standard it seems like the conservative viewpoint is pretty much all lies.

And likewise if you use the "conviction = true" standard that viewpoint doesn't hold up very well either.

Nobody said that and you know it. He may be guilty as hell, but in the US we do not punish suspects until they have been tried in a court of law. Have you ever heard the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty".

• Haha