The Wendy's restaurants are managed by idiots.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Some of the combos are actually more expensive than buying the individual parts. For example, the Spicy Chicken Combo costs $5.49, whereas the cost of a Spicy Chicken sandwich+medium fries+medium drink is $3.49+$0.99+$0.99 = $5.47. :confused:

The Wendy's that I went to was one of the worst managed Wendy's I have ever seen. The workers were just hanging around, not really doing much of anything, while they had customers in line. Some worker was getting a box of sauces to fill up the sauces behind the counter, and I asked "Can I get one Sweet and Sour sauce?" She just gave me this look like, "WTF are you doing" while I reached for one of the sauces. Furthermore, they messed up my order like three times. They just didn't know whether they had made my Spicy Chicken sandwich or not, and they thought they had already given it to me. When we got that sorted out, the SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER! The employee who gave me that look while I was reaching for a sauce actually grabbed the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger out of my hands because she thought she had already given it to me. It took me like 10 minutes to get my food. Rude employees + slow service = :thumbsdown:

Stop being such a dumbass.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
What's wrong with working for Wendy's? What are you employed in that makes you all high and mighty?

I guess I got called out on this one.... Fast food/minimum wage jobs are entry-level jobs. I don't think that the avg person sees this as a long-term career goal.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I work in IT for a fortune 200 company.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: miri
Nice. When I worked at Wendys the managers, not the main store manager, but the hourly managers, made a little over $5 a hour. Minimum wage at the time was $4.25 which is what I started at.

I find it hard to believe a 19 year old can become the main store manager. Maybe an hourly one, but not he general manager.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
so you're going to generalize the entire franchise for one wendy's that's poorly managed?

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: altonb1
Originally posted by: Rapidskies
Originally posted by: Illusions89
Mmmm Wendys haha.....

Wendy's is actually the best restaurant out their we provide 110% percent ALL BEEF. No fillers, that is why we taste so good. Getch your clues.

How in the hell can you provide 110% beef? You sir, are a moron. :roll:

Apparently, math skills are not your forte'...so maybe that explains WHY your goal in life is to work for Wendys!

Call me all the moron you want but we provide the best possible beef there is maybe its not 100% beef but its pretty close. And who do you think does the payroll everyweek for our store? ME so math is very much a fortae of mine and let me leave you with a little equation Altonb=0 Me=ALL THE FREE 110% BEEF I can eat = 100% satisfaction gauranteed. I bet you spend a ton of money on food every week while I get to eat free so when you want some finance tips you know where to come.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Originally posted by: K1052
Wendy's owns all other fast food (with the exception of Steak n' Shake).

WTF are you talking about?

I happen to know that Pepsi owns Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, and probably lots of others. However, Pepsi is not Wendy's, and Wendy's doesn't own ******

honkee

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
True story im about to tell about a wendys in chicago.
lawrence/damen to be exact.

About 9:30 at night, instead of going through drive through we decide to order at the counter so i can get a better look at the menu.
blah,blah,blah order my ****** and as im about to leave.
I noticed i had no napkins or ketchup.
I asked the mexican guy behind the counter and he hands me 1 piece of napkin and 1 packet of ketchup followed by in a oscar dela hoya accent "I'm sorry but for today we can only give one napkin per customer and 1 piece of ketchup".
Had another dude in there with a black girl that seemed to work for some kind of ambulance and they got treated as well, it was hilarious.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: AMDZen

I happen to know that Pepsi owns Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, and probably lots of others. However, Pepsi is not Wendy's, and Wendy's doesn't own ******

I think he is, in the layperson's terms, is saying Wendy's is better than all other fast food except for SnS. What he fails to realize is we own them too because they fail to use 110% BEEF like Wendy's does and do they have chili? NO! ha. I hoped I helped.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
This thread should have been titled instead "The one Wendy's restaurant where I visited one particular night was managed by idiots, though this is most certainly not representative of other Wendy's restaurants across the country, because we all know they are franchised owned, so different Wendy's restaurant locations are owned by different people and also managed by different people."

How did this thread continue for so long?

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
what do you expect from people making minimum wage or barely above it? if the people that worked fast food had some skill they would move up and be a waiter at a better restaurant where you can actually make a little money, don't expect great service at fast food joints.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: altonb1
Originally posted by: Illusions89
Mmmm Wendys haha.....

Wendy's is actually the best restaurant out their we provide 110% percent ALL BEEF. No fillers, that is why we taste so good. Getch your clues.

How in the hell can you provide 110% beef? You sir, are a moron. :roll:

Apparently, math skills are not your forte'...so maybe that explains WHY your goal in life is to work for Wendys!

Call me all the moron you want but we provide the best possible beef there is maybe its not 100% beef but its pretty close. And who do you think does the payroll everyweek for our store? ME so math is very much a fortae of mine and let me leave you with a little equation Altonb=0 Me=ALL THE FREE 110% BEEF I can eat = 100% satisfaction gauranteed. I bet you spend a ton of money on food every week while I get to eat free so when you want some finance tips you know where to come.

WTF....

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004

I think he is, in the layperson's terms, is saying Wendy's is better than all other fast food except for SnS. What he fails to realize is we own them too because they fail to use 110% BEEF like Wendy's does and do they have chili? NO! ha. I hoped I helped.

LOL, AMDZen got pwned. To be fair, K1052 should have said "pwns" to not be ambiguous.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: JLGatsby
Yeah, like they got Phds running those Wendys. The managers only got promoted to that position because they were the only ones who didn't burn the french fries.

Meh.

I'm friends with a local store manager. The kid is 19 years old going to Community College. He makes $48k a year.
Which means he makes way more money than JLGatsby and is going to end up with a degree, unlike our buddy JLG.

The fast food joints around here have quickly been taken over by minority workers, and not to be racist, but the quality of food, service and everything has dropped exponentially.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: chuckywang

LOL, AMDZen got pwned. To be fair, K1052 should have said "pwns" to not be ambiguous.

And to make it salty, Wendy's owns Tim Horton's and Baja Fresh.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999

Steak n' Shake has chili.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Sukhoi

Steak n' Shake has chili.

No Wendy's fanboi will let facts get in the way of ther fanboi-ism.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000

How does Wendy's use 110% beef? That's like saying your IQ is -10%.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
The ones around here are really well, amazingly fast. It does very much depend on management of course. However don't prices vary by location at Wendy's? Meh worst service/slowest I've gotten is at mcdonalds, haven't eaten their in years on purpose, if there is anything else around I'll avoid mcdonalds(more so because they're food tastes like crap than their service), and there's almost always something else around.

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
Wendy's Consumer Relations
Wendy's International, Inc.
4288 W. Dublin-Granville Rd.
Dublin, OH 43017

Phone: (614) 764-3100

It's not toll free so you really gotta wantta complain.

I called after a getting some bone dry chicken strips at the drive-thru and got a coupon for any free combo and a coupon for a free frosty in the mail three days later.

Love the Frostys. You know I tried making them at home, but its just not the same.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: HomeAppraiser
Wendy's Consumer Relations
Wendy's International, Inc.
4288 W. Dublin-Granville Rd.
Dublin, OH 43017

Phone: (614) 764-3100

It's not toll free so you really gotta wantta complain.

I called after a getting some bone dry chicken strips at the drive-thru and got a coupon for any free combo and a coupon for a free frosty in the mail three days later.

Love the Frostys. You know I tried making them at home, but its just not the same.

Mr. Deeds, FTW!!!

homestarmy

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
artwilbur.com
I remember when I worked at BK when I was 16 (years ago), they came out with the chicken club. It was a chicken sandwich plus bacon.

People would order the chicken club no bacon. I tried to explain it to them that they would save money by just getting the regular chicken sandwich. They couldn't comprehend that. Eventually I gave up.

Advertising FTW? or FTL?

People are dumb.

Oh, and if you reached behind the counter for a sweet and sour sauce on my watch, I would have slapped the ****** out of you ;).

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: homestarmy
I remember when I worked at BK when I was 16 (years ago), they came out with the chicken club. It was a chicken sandwich plus bacon.

People would order the chicken club no bacon. I tried to explain it to them that they would save money by just getting the regular chicken sandwich. They couldn't comprehend that. Eventually I gave up.

Advertising FTW? or FTL?

People are dumb.

Oh, and if you reached behind the counter for a sweet and sour sauce on my watch, I would have slapped the ****** out of you ;).

I didn't reach behind the counter. She brought out an entire box of sauce to refill the stuff behind the counter. She put the box on the counter and I simply took it out of the box.