The Wendy's restaurants are managed by idiots.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Some of the combos are actually more expensive than buying the individual parts. For example, the Spicy Chicken Combo costs $5.49, whereas the cost of a Spicy Chicken sandwich+medium fries+medium drink is $3.49+$0.99+$0.99 = $5.47. :confused:

The Wendy's that I went to was one of the worst managed Wendy's I have ever seen. The workers were just hanging around, not really doing much of anything, while they had customers in line. Some worker was getting a box of sauces to fill up the sauces behind the counter, and I asked "Can I get one Sweet and Sour sauce?" She just gave me this look like, "WTF are you doing" while I reached for one of the sauces. Furthermore, they messed up my order like three times. They just didn't know whether they had made my Spicy Chicken sandwich or not, and they thought they had already given it to me. When we got that sorted out, the SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER! The employee who gave me that look while I was reaching for a sauce actually grabbed the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger out of my hands because she thought she had already given it to me. It took me like 10 minutes to get my food. Rude employees + slow service = :thumbsdown:

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
dollar menu FTW

you get an extra chicken nugget compared to mcdonalds and the sauce is better

junior bacon cheeseburger is great too.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Just because the store near you sucks dosen't mean they all do.

The ones in my hometown are pretty well run.

Wendy's owns all other fast food (with the exception of Steak n' Shake).

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
well are you really surprised. around me wendys is the best, and the food definatley is. #9 i think it is, 10 nugs, fries/drink.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
Yeah, like they got Phds running those Wendys. The managers only got promoted to that position because they were the only ones who didn't burn the french fries.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
The Wendy's I go to is pretty awesome. Hell I rememeber a few times where I had just finished ordering my food and when I walked like 2 steps over to the counter it was already ready. It wasn't a lot but still the fastest service i've seen so far.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JLGatsby
Yeah, like they got Phds running those Wendys. The managers only got promoted to that position because they were the only ones who didn't burn the french fries.

Meh.

I'm friends with a local store manager. The kid is 19 years old going to Community College. He makes $48k a year.

zanieladie

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2003
Yeah...you have to be careful with the combos...sometimes you pay more...sometimes you save a penny.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Around here, none of the fast food places hire people who can walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone get an order right...Maybe if I'd take time to learn Spanish...NOT...Wendy's, Jack-in-the-Box, McD's, all of them...it must be HELLA hard to hire anyone with even a smidgen of brains..or else, they make them leave it at home when they come to work...

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DeathBUA
Originally posted by: timosyy
Originally posted by: hdeck
medium drink isn't .99, small drink is .99

quoted for emphasis?

Bah it depends on the store you goto

If it's corporate, more than likely only the small drink is $0.99

Franchises are allowed to set different prices.

YoshiSato

Banned
Jul 31, 2005
Wow you just realized that Fast Food restaurant managers are idiots.

That does not move you any deeper in the IQ pool.

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
being a manager at one of those joints has got to be tough--very hard to motivate people

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
Wendy's is ok, except I went there once and asked for a cheeseburger with just ketchup and they took the cheese of too.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Some of the combos are actually more expensive than buying the individual parts. For example, the Spicy Chicken Combo costs $5.49, whereas the cost of a Spicy Chicken sandwich+medium fries+medium drink is $3.49+$0.99+$0.99 = $5.47. :confused:

The Wendy's that I went to was one of the worst managed Wendy's I have ever seen. The workers were just hanging around, not really doing much of anything, while they had customers in line. Some worker was getting a box of sauces to fill up the sauces behind the counter, and I asked "Can I get one Sweet and Sour sauce?" She just gave me this look like, "WTF are you doing" while I reached for one of the sauces. Furthermore, they messed up my order like three times. They just didn't know whether they had made my Spicy Chicken sandwich or not, and they thought they had already given it to me. When we got that sorted out, the SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER! It took me like 10 minutes to get my food. Rude employees + slow service = :thumbsdown:
i have to agree with you here. i like Wendy's spicy chicken so if i have to eat fast food i tend to migrate there, but the food IS NOT fast, and the employees look like they are close to going into a coma.

i believe i read where Wendys is revamping. they need it badly.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang

a lot of places do this...I used to manage a COld Stone Creamery....and the pre-made 'creations' were actually more expensive if they had less than 3 or 4 toppings. so instead of asking for it by the special name if you just asked for a flavor of ice cream...and then got toppings on it that were the same, it woudl come out cheaper

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Taco Bell is the same. It's like $.79 for a taco. But then you can get the Grande Meal which is 10 tacos for only $7.90. Such a great deal.