The Wendy's restaurants are managed by idiots.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Taco Bell is the same. It's like $.79 for a taco. But then you can get the Grande Meal which is 10 tacos for only $7.90. Such a great deal.

it's good marketing that plays on lazy people who can't do math. :p

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Some of the combos are actually more expensive than buying the individual parts. For example, the Spicy Chicken Combo costs $5.49, whereas the cost of a Spicy Chicken sandwich+medium fries+medium drink is $3.49+$0.99+$0.99 = $5.47. :confused:

a lot of places do this...I used to manage a COld Stone Creamery....and the pre-made 'creations' were actually more expensive if they had less than 3 or 4 toppings. so instead of asking for it by the special name if you just asked for a flavor of ice cream...and then got toppings on it that were the same, it woudl come out cheaper

Yeah, and a long time ago when Wendy's still had Pitas (damn, those things were good), I noticed that:

Chicken Caesar Pita + Spicy Chicken Combo < Spicy Chicken Sandwich + Chicken Caesar Pita Combo.

The buyer has to be alert and not order mindlessly.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
i totally understand your pain. all my bad experiences (and worse - fvcking morons couldn't figure out how to charge me for a 20 pce chicken nuggets so they were going to charge me for 2 10 pce nuggets that ended up being 2+ dollars more. wtf!!) happened at mcdonalds (in nyc, the mcd's near w. 4th).

i was about to lose my temper (esp. when i ordered a cheeseburger with no ketchup and pickles and received a burger without cheese! or the second time when i got a quarter pounder w/o ketchup or pickles and received it with ketchup. stupid stupid motherfvckers).

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I guess some people don't understand the level of service minimum wage will provide.

lagvoid

Dec 4, 2000
the wendy's in the Northern Virginia area are ok...just can't stand the greedy managers that try to regulate the amount of sauce they'll give you. I've been to a couple wendy's that would only give you sauce if you ordered nuggets!

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Some of the combos are actually more expensive than buying the individual parts. For example, the Spicy Chicken Combo costs $5.49, whereas the cost of a Spicy Chicken sandwich+medium fries+medium drink is $3.49+$0.99+$0.99 = $5.47. :confused:

The Wendy's that I went to was one of the worst managed Wendy's I have ever seen. The workers were just hanging around, not really doing much of anything, while they had customers in line. Some worker was getting a box of sauces to fill up the sauces behind the counter, and I asked "Can I get one Sweet and Sour sauce?" She just gave me this look like, "WTF are you doing" while I reached for one of the sauces. Furthermore, they messed up my order like three times. They just didn't know whether they had made my Spicy Chicken sandwich or not, and they thought they had already given it to me. When we got that sorted out, the SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER! The employee who gave me that look while I was reaching for a sauce actually grabbed the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger out of my hands because she thought she had already given it to me. It took me like 10 minutes to get my food. Rude employees + slow service = :thumbsdown:

Burger King... FTW

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Accipiter22

a lot of places do this...I used to manage a COld Stone Creamery....and the pre-made 'creations' were actually more expensive if they had less than 3 or 4 toppings. so instead of asking for it by the special name if you just asked for a flavor of ice cream...and then got toppings on it that were the same, it woudl come out cheaper

Yeah, and a long time ago when Wendy's still had Pitas (damn, those things were good), I noticed that:

Chicken Caesar Pita + Spicy Chicken Combo < Spicy Chicken Sandwich + Chicken Caesar Pita Combo.

The buyer has to be alert and not order mindlessly.

If a cute girl walked in, I'd inform her of this...then PROFIT

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003

The Wendy's that I went to was one of the worst managed Wendy's I have ever seen. The workers were just hanging around, not really doing much of anything, while they had customers in line. Some worker was getting a box of sauces to fill up the sauces behind the counter, and I asked "Can I get one Sweet and Sour sauce?" She just gave me this look like, "WTF are you doing" while I reached for one of the sauces. Furthermore, they messed up my order like three times. They just didn't know whether they had made my Spicy Chicken sandwich or not, and they thought they had already given it to me. When we got that sorted out, the SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER! The employee who gave me that look while I was reaching for a sauce actually grabbed the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger out of my hands because she thought she had already given it to me. It took me like 10 minutes to get my food. Rude employees + slow service = :thumbsdown:

Sorry if you are confused by our menu we really try and make it easy for our customer's as they usually have poor math skills/reading comprehension. As someone else already pointed out our SMALL drink is .99 not the medium so you are getting a deal of a lifetime and yet you still complain. As for your messed up order maybe you should just try and tell us in PLAIN ENGLISH what you want instead of "and I want the sauce on the side not on my Jr. bacon Cheeseburger and I would like the bacon gift wrapped blah blah blah blah..." My employees at my store are not rude and are the quickest I have seen (one even placed in our state track 40 yard dash) so don't paint all the kettles black buttwipe. And lastly if you had been given poor service in my store I would have given you some of our special chili for free. Learn to be a CONSUMER.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Illusions89
Mmmm Wendys haha.....

Wendy's is actually the best restaurant out their we provide 110% percent ALL BEEF. No fillers, that is why we taste so good. Getch your clues.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Rapidskies

Sorry if you are confused by our menu we really try and make it easy for our customer's as they usually have poor math skills/reading comprehension. As someone else already pointed out our SMALL drink is .99 not the medium so you are getting a deal of a lifetime and yet you still complain. As for your messed up order maybe you should just try and tell us in PLAIN ENGLISH what you want instead of "and I want the sauce on the side not on my Jr. bacon Cheeseburger and I would like the bacon gift wrapped blah blah blah blah..." My employees at my store are not rude and are the quickest I have seen (one even placed in our state track 40 yard dash) so don't paint all the kettles black buttwipe. And lastly if you had been given poor service in my store I would have given you some of our special chili for free. Learn to be a CONSUMER.

Your post made me laugh, I wouldn't qualify getting a free upgrade to a medium drink the deal of a life time.

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Around here, none of the fast food places hire people who can walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone get an order right...Maybe if I'd take time to learn Spanish...NOT...Wendy's, Jack-in-the-Box, McD's, all of them...it must be HELLA hard to hire anyone with even a smidgen of brains..or else, they make them leave it at home when they come to work...

This is why In-N-Out is so great. Not only are their burgers good, but their employees & service totally owns every other fastfood joint by a longshot.

bigj3347

Sep 19, 2004
that's why i go to In-n-out out here in LA . . great service, fast, all the sauce and you want at no charge, and if something's wrong with your order, they'll apologize and correct it right away . . . no bitching, no questions ask . . their company motto they teach their employees. . . the customer is always right.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bigj3347
that's why i go to In-n-out out here in LA . . great service, fast, all the sauce and you want at no charge, and if something's wrong with your order, they'll apologize and correct it right away . . . no bitching, no questions ask . . their company motto they teach their employees. . . the customer is always right.

Whoever came up with that motto needs a swift kick to the gonads.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Keep eating at Wendy's....Keep eating at Wendy's.....oooooo..oooooo

<----Wendy's stockholder sending subliminal messeges.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: CPA

How's their stock been doing of late?

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Firsttime
Wendy's is ok, except I went there once and asked for a cheeseburger with just ketchup and they took the cheese of too.

My wife asked for a cheeseburger with just ketchup one time and was asked if she wanted the meat on the burger. I don't remember what fast-food place this was, though.

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: JLGatsby
Yeah, like they got Phds running those Wendys. The managers only got promoted to that position because they were the only ones who didn't burn the french fries.

Meh.

I'm friends with a local store manager. The kid is 19 years old going to Community College. He makes $48k a year.

Nice. When I worked at Wendys the managers, not the main store manager, but the hourly managers, made a little over $5 a hour. Minimum wage at the time was $4.25 which is what I started at.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Mmmm Wendys haha.....

Wendy's is actually the best restaurant out their we provide 110% percent ALL BEEF. No fillers, that is why we taste so good. Getch your clues.

How in the hell can you provide 110% beef? You sir, are a moron. :roll:

Apparently, math skills are not your forte'...so maybe that explains WHY your goal in life is to work for Wendys!

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: altonb1
Mmmm Wendys haha.....

How in the hell can you provide 110% beef? You sir, are a moron. :roll:

Apparently, math skills are not your forte'...so maybe that explains WHY your goal in life is to work for Wendys!

What's wrong with working for Wendy's? What are you employed in that makes you all high and mighty?

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: hdeck
medium drink isn't .99, small drink is .99

maybe that will help.

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Tick
Originally posted by: CPA

How's their stock been doing of late?

Are you really that incapable of going to finance.yahoo.com and looking up their stock?