The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrokenVisage, Oct 14, 2012.

1. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

Do you even watch the show at all?
    This was shown last night.. they want us to believe the fat zombie ate her.. that is why Rick went and cut him open.

2. juiio

juiio Golden Member

This thread isn't about the comics; this thread is about the show. It doesn't matter who reads the comics and who doesn't, except for the readers who choose to spoil things for everyone else.

The reasoning being #1 doesn't excuse it. If a writer does something that doesn't make any sense solely to try to fool viewers, that is bad writing.

3. Skel

Skel Diamond Member

I keep wondering about that every time it gets mentioned that the fat zombie ate her. That and how fast do they eat? In earlier scenes when they showed a zombie munching it wasn't that fast. No where near fast enough to much down an entire woman before Rick could get to him.

4. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

LOL at armchair critics..

I just love the internet everyone is a Oscar Winning Director/actor/writer
    or a SuperBowl winning coach.

Let's see your Emmy... or your award winning series..

I didn't think so..
    they have reasons for everything they show or don't show in this series.

5. felang

felang Senior member

We don´t get to see Laurie´s body either... it seemed like the fat zombie ate her, bones and all. What would be the point of continuing to search?

I also believe that we will probably get more info about these points in future episodes, everybody just needs to calm down and enjoy the show. It is fiction after all.

#730 felang, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. juiio

juiio Golden Member

You don't need to be in the industry to know when something doesn't work. Do you need to be a Super Bowl-winning coach to know that Mark Sanchez is not a good NFL quarterback?

7. qliveur

qliveur Diamond Member

LOL @ the people who've been bitching about this show since season 2, yet, for some unfathomable reason, they're still watching it. :D

Not seeing Lori's remains is definitely a plot device, and I don't think that Carol is dead.

And, apparently, Rick took the Cleave feat last time he leveled up.

8. Dedpuhl

Dedpuhl Lifer

I stopped over-analyzing TV shows. My enjoyment level increased by 75.3%.

The worst and most incoherent TWD episode is better that most other shows out today...

9. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

could be that it rings to all phones in the building? or could be that there is a list of phones wherever she is and she just dialed them all and got lucky that rick was there.

10. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

i'd have to watch it again, but it looked like there was broken concrete around it, like where the bullet hit. why pick up the casing or why even bother showing it if it was just the casing?

11. olds

olds Elite Member

Lori lost a lot of weight if she was in that zombie's stomach. Man these writers are terrible. Have they written anything before?

12. Newbian

Newbian Lifer

Well she did have a baby so she lost a few pounds there... ;)

13. Emos

Emos Golden Member

:D

14. destrekor

destrekor Lifer

In retrospect, this was a terrible idea. Damn you Mods!
    I don't think I've gotten a reply, but I'm also trying to barely read a single thing written in this thread, because I am seeing spoilers galore.

Can we un-move? I don't want to ruin each twist and turn of Season 3, just trying to get one thing cleared up!

15. Andrew111

Andrew111 Senior member

Snape kills Lori!!!:D

16. Childs

Childs Lifer

General rule is dont come into this thread unless you are caught up. I dont even use Tapatalk until I'm caught up because it previews the last post, and its always a spoiler.

17. qliveur

qliveur Diamond Member

^Yeah, this.

18. destrekor

destrekor Lifer

Well, initially that post was not in this thread. Then I pre-empted the mods moving it by basically suggesting they move it (without ever ACTUALLY suggesting it :p).

I really want that post OUT of this thread. Should I just go ahead and make said thread AGAIN? I'm thinking yes - mods won't move it now, are barely paying attention to this thread I imagine.

Or hell, anyone want to confirm what I basically already know? I'll have to settle for the murky and shadowier corners of the net to fix this nagging issue of missing episode 3-1?

19. qliveur

qliveur Diamond Member

LOL, I've been doing that all along.

20. destrekor

destrekor Lifer

Yeah, I used to for basically everything. It's actually been awhile since I've touched such things and have liked the idea of not NEEDING to go that route.

21. the DRIZZLE

the DRIZZLE Platinum Member

If they tell us next week that Lori was rescued by Carol and is still alive the writers should be inducted into the troll hall of fame.

22. OverVolt

OverVolt Lifer

This episode was nicknamed the "everything that you thought happened last episode or was about to happen, did in fact happen...episode"

Cause really everything was just closure from the episode before it.

23. qliveur

qliveur Diamond Member

Never bothered me. :\

24. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

Won't happen. (A) Confirmed the walker ate her or part of her. (B) she was dead and not breathing after childbirth because of the shock of pain and bloodloss.

25. Wingznut

Wingznut Elite Member

Exactly!

You are applying rational reasoning with obvious irrational behavior. Rick is beyond reason right now. When people snap, they don't do the logical/right things. I don't see a problem with this at all, because with the horrors that they've seen over the past year or so, I have to think at least one or two (or more) of the survivors would snap.

They didn't have to "search for" Andrea. They saw her fall to a couple of zombies, in the chaos of the farm being overrun. (Of course, they didn't realize from a distance that the zombies that fell on her were shot dead.)

As for Carol and T-Dog, I truly believe that the group did find the bodies and buried them... And Lori has been eaten (bones, clothes, and all, apparently) by that one zombie. The director/writers/whomever just did a pretty terrible job in conveying this to the audience.