The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
A zombie completely eating her or Lori is even stupider than digging a refilling a grave before looking for her. How does a 150 pound zombie completely eat a 120 pound woman? How does it eat a skeleton?

Do you even watch the show at all?
This was shown last night.. they want us to believe the fat zombie ate her.. that is why Rick went and cut him open.

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
You sound like you are new to this comic book series..

of course it is #1 and I never said it wasn't..

there will be a plot development on ALL of these events..
people just are not patient.

This thread isn't about the comics; this thread is about the show. It doesn't matter who reads the comics and who doesn't, except for the readers who choose to spoil things for everyone else.

The reasoning being #1 doesn't excuse it. If a writer does something that doesn't make any sense solely to try to fool viewers, that is bad writing.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
A zombie completely eating her or Lori is even stupider than digging a refilling a grave before looking for her. How does a 150 pound zombie completely eat a 120 pound woman? How does it eat a skeleton?

I keep wondering about that every time it gets mentioned that the fat zombie ate her. That and how fast do they eat? In earlier scenes when they showed a zombie munching it wasn't that fast. No where near fast enough to much down an entire woman before Rick could get to him.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
This thread isn't about the comics; this thread is about the show. It doesn't matter who reads the comics and who doesn't, except for the readers who choose to spoil things for everyone else.

The reasoning being #1 doesn't excuse it. If a writer does something that doesn't make any sense solely to try to fool viewers, that is bad writing.

LOL at armchair critics..

I just love the internet everyone is a Oscar Winning Director/actor/writer
or a SuperBowl winning coach.

Let's see your Emmy... or your award winning series..

I didn't think so..
they have reasons for everything they show or don't show in this series.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
It's completely far fetched because if she was dead, her body would still be in the prison. T-Dog locked the gates, so even is she came back as a zombie, she would still be in the prison.

So if they don't have a body, it means they didn't even bother to do a complete search before digging her grave. Stupid enough in itself, but even stupider to fill in the grave before dragging out all the dead bodies in the prison.

There's no comparison to a navy pilot going down in the ocean. They are in a locked prison. If she's dead they are certain to find her.

We don´t get to see Laurie´s body either... it seemed like the fat zombie ate her, bones and all. What would be the point of continuing to search?

I also believe that we will probably get more info about these points in future episodes, everybody just needs to calm down and enjoy the show. It is fiction after all.

Last edited:

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
LOL at armchair critics..

I just love the internet everyone is a Oscar Winning Director/actor/writer
or a SuperBowl winning coach.

Let's see your Emmy... or your award winning series..

I didn't think so..
they have reasons for everything they show or don't show in this series.

You don't need to be in the industry to know when something doesn't work. Do you need to be a Super Bowl-winning coach to know that Mark Sanchez is not a good NFL quarterback?

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
LOL @ the people who've been bitching about this show since season 2, yet, for some unfathomable reason, they're still watching it. :D

Not seeing Lori's remains is definitely a plot device, and I don't think that Carol is dead.

And, apparently, Rick took the Cleave feat last time he leveled up.

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I stopped over-analyzing TV shows. My enjoyment level increased by 75.3%.

The worst and most incoherent TWD episode is better that most other shows out today...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Comic related spoilers ahead so read at your own risk:

In the comics Rick starts to get phone calls from an anonymous female after Lori's death. I'm not sure if it is ever directly stated in the comics but it is assumed that he is hearing Lori speak to him. Basically he becomes delusional after Lori's death and uses random telephones as a way to "talk" with her.

Show discussion:

It's possible that it is Carol, but that is an ultra-slim possibility. How would she even know the number to that particular phone in the room Lori gave birth in? I think it's safe to assume she is dead as she would not just run completely away from the prison when that is where the group is located and someone would have seen her exit out of the front gate anyway.

could be that it rings to all phones in the building? or could be that there is a list of phones wherever she is and she just dialed them all and got lucky that rick was there.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Yeah... But it just wouldn't be very entertaining if it took her 10 minutes to break it open. ;)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the bullet casing.

i'd have to watch it again, but it looked like there was broken concrete around it, like where the bullet hit. why pick up the casing or why even bother showing it if it was just the casing?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Lori lost a lot of weight if she was in that zombie's stomach. Man these writers are terrible. Have they written anything before?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
So... I finally got caught up, just finished Season 2 on Netflix.
But, I knew it would happen - I wasn't able to finish in time. AMC's VOD section (for my cable provider) listed Episode 3-1 as "available until November 11th". I figured I'd finish today, but was hoping I could "order" the free episode today (and be given 24 hrs to watch it), but it disappeared from the list today.

I have every other episode on the DVR, but the season premier didn't get recorded. It's no longer on VOD, it's not available on AMC's website anymore (it was for a short time, not sure when it was taken down - typically they don't have full episodes, because they are bigger assholes than HBO are like that), and I'm not seeing it coming up as airing as a repeat on the channel guide.

Am I missing a viewing option, or am I going to have to be driven back into the folds of that which we cannot discuss, just to clear up the minor issue of getting this one episode watched so I can continue with the rest of the show on my DVR?
I am NOT waiting until just before Season 4 airs (which is about the time when Season 3 will be on disc/streaming, again, because they are worse than HBO - the pricks).

edit:
I *probably* could have put this in the Walking Dead Season 3 thread, but... I didn't think about it until I dropped back into Off Topic and just saw it sitting there at the top. Dammit.

edit2:
oh hey, thanks mods!

In retrospect, this was a terrible idea. Damn you Mods!
I don't think I've gotten a reply, but I'm also trying to barely read a single thing written in this thread, because I am seeing spoilers galore.

Can we un-move? I don't want to ruin each twist and turn of Season 3, just trying to get one thing cleared up!

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
In retrospect, this was a terrible idea. Damn you Mods!
I don't think I've gotten a reply, but I'm also trying to barely read a single thing written in this thread, because I am seeing spoilers galore.

Can we un-move? I don't want to ruin each twist and turn of Season 3, just trying to get one thing cleared up!

General rule is dont come into this thread unless you are caught up. I dont even use Tapatalk until I'm caught up because it previews the last post, and its always a spoiler.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
General rule is dont come into this thread unless you are caught up. I dont even use Tapatalk until I'm caught up because it previews the last post, and its always a spoiler.

Well, initially that post was not in this thread. Then I pre-empted the mods moving it by basically suggesting they move it (without ever ACTUALLY suggesting it :p).

I really want that post OUT of this thread. Should I just go ahead and make said thread AGAIN? I'm thinking yes - mods won't move it now, are barely paying attention to this thread I imagine.

Or hell, anyone want to confirm what I basically already know? I'll have to settle for the murky and shadowier corners of the net to fix this nagging issue of missing episode 3-1?

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
If they tell us next week that Lori was rescued by Carol and is still alive the writers should be inducted into the troll hall of fame.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
This episode was nicknamed the "everything that you thought happened last episode or was about to happen, did in fact happen...episode"

Cause really everything was just closure from the episode before it.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
If they tell us next week that Lori was rescued by Carol and is still alive the writers should be inducted into the troll hall of fame.

Won't happen. (A) Confirmed the walker ate her or part of her. (B) she was dead and not breathing after childbirth because of the shock of pain and bloodloss.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
LOL @ the people who've been bitching about this show since season 2, yet, for some unfathomable reason, they're still watching it. :D
Exactly!

Starting to jump the shark for me.

Rick didn't seem to care much for his wife. But he goes on a rage and abandons his newborn child because she is dead? Not seeing it.
You are applying rational reasoning with obvious irrational behavior. Rick is beyond reason right now. When people snap, they don't do the logical/right things. I don't see a problem with this at all, because with the horrors that they've seen over the past year or so, I have to think at least one or two (or more) of the survivors would snap.

It's kind of funny how they'll waste a long time looking for a kid but none at all looking for any of the women. At least I don't recall them searching for Andrea or Carol before calling them dead and moving on.
They didn't have to "search for" Andrea. They saw her fall to a couple of zombies, in the chaos of the farm being overrun. (Of course, they didn't realize from a distance that the zombies that fell on her were shot dead.)

As for Carol and T-Dog, I truly believe that the group did find the bodies and buried them... And Lori has been eaten (bones, clothes, and all, apparently) by that one zombie. The director/writers/whomever just did a pretty terrible job in conveying this to the audience.