The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
why did you reply to my post saying the exact same things that i said?

Your first few words in that post "I say Lori's death is still not certain"

After I posted I realized you changed your mind mid post. But whatever.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Gotta love how Darryl is like a baby expert, haha.

I'm guessing in pre-apocalypse world he had a family, and this was the show's way of demonstrating that to us. He probably had a young child that died - which would explain his fervor to keep this baby alive.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
That zombie definitely did not eat Lori's bones. Where did those go? There was not an entire human body/skeleton in that zombie's stomach.

My guess is that the zombie found Lori unconcious and barely clinging to life. He started chewing on her and she died, causing her to turn.

She's gonna look pretty rough when they run into her.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I'm guessing in pre-apocalypse world he had a family, and this was the show's way of demonstrating that to us. He probably had a young child that died - which would explain his fervor to keep this baby alive.

And the fact the group already took a huge hit on numbers. he satted "I will not lose another one"

I do love his baby name idea "little Asskicker"

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
That zombie definitely did not eat Lori's bones. Where did those go? There was not an entire human body/skeleton in that zombie's stomach.

My guess is that the zombie found Lori unconcious and barely clinging to life. He started chewing on her and she died, causing her to turn.

She's gonna look pretty rough when they run into her.

Well according to an earlier post on the Talking dead, the director of that episode stated the walker did in fact eat lori.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
other questions:

the book that Michonne found, what is that? People that have died? People that the governor has killed? Women that the governor has "claimed"?

Who is Penny? His wife or daughter? Do the hashmarks indicate a dead person? or is that just his craziness coming through?

What did Michonne say about the governor's daughter? Was it like I know about your daughter? But how could she know? She didn't find the daughter (I think that was the noise she heard when she was in the house).

Oh, and when Michonne broke the lock on that zombie cage, it looked like it took no effort at all, so why couldn't the zombies break out?

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
other questions:

the book that Michonne found, what is that? People that have died? People that the governor has killed? Women that the governor has "claimed"?

Who is Penny? His wife or daughter? Do the hashmarks indicate a dead person? or is that just his craziness coming through?

What did Michonne say about the governor's daughter? Was it like I know about your daughter? But how could she know? She didn't find the daughter (I think that was the noise she heard when she was in the house).

Oh, and when Michonne broke the lock on that zombie cage, it looked like it took no effort at all, so why couldn't the zombies break out?

Penny is his daughter, and it looked like a journal of name ideas. (Michonne saw the name chart and figured it was a name list for his daughter, and saw him earlier in the episode in the window stroking hair of a walker [his daughter])

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Penny is his daughter, and it looked like a journal of name ideas. (Michonne saw the name chart and figured it was a name list for his daughter, and saw him earlier in the episode in the window stroking hair of a walker [his daughter])

I don't believe it's a list of name ideas. that doesn't make sense with all the hash marks. Plus his daughter looked to be old enough (like 8 or 9+) to already have a name.

i thought she was just looking at the house, not that she could see him. the blinds were closed. plus he was sitting down when combing her hair. he only went near the window when she started acting up and he tied her up and put the bag over her head.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Eat part of her or all of her?

Unconfirmed. However, the zombie ate alot, enough to be bloated. And on talking dead from what I looked up online he ate "all of her". And the missing bones and such could be production error.

Though eating a dead person is easy pickings.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I don't believe it's a list of name ideas. that doesn't make sense with all the hash marks. Plus his daughter looked to be old enough (like 8 or 9+) to already have a name.

i thought she was just looking at the house, not that she could see him. the blinds were closed. plus he was sitting down when combing her hair. he only went near the window when she started acting up and he tied her up and put the bag over her head.

The way she stared at the window though. It was obvious she could kinda see what was going on.

Well his daughters name is Penny. And the book had 20+ names with the last one being penny and a big underline by it. The journal isn't new. It is probably back from when he first got married to his wife and she was having a kid. It isn't like he just randomly started doing names this late in the apocolypse.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
The way she stared at the window though. It was obvious she could kinda see what was going on.

Well his daughters name is Penny. And the book had 20+ names with the last one being penny and a big underline by it. The journal isn't new. It is probably back from when he first got married to his wife and she was having a kid. It isn't like he just randomly started doing names this late in the apocolypse.

then explain all the hash marks

i assumed it was people that died, he started keeping a list but when Penny died, thats when he lost it and either the hash marks are people that died or he's just batshit insane.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Unconfirmed. However, the zombie ate alot, enough to be bloated. And on talking dead from what I looked up online he ate "all of her". And the missing bones and such could be production error.

Though eating a dead person is easy pickings.

you know, why can't they explain shit better in the show? Why do we have to watch a 2nd show to know what happened? I'm assuming they get extra money from the Talking Dead and that's why.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
you know, why can't they explain shit better in the show? Why do we have to watch a 2nd show to know what happened? I'm assuming they get extra money from the Talking Dead and that's why.

Well anything important to the show/spoilers they will not speak on the Talking dead. However that is basically an interview of the actors, directors, and/or celebrities who are fans of the show.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
Still trying to determine who called Rick on the phone .... if it turns out to be the Verizon dude saying 'Can you hear me now'? I swear to God I will never watch this show again.

Theories on who ? I may go out on a limb and guess Carol, even tho we had a filled grave (but no definitive view of Carol's body).

KevinCU

Jan 14, 2009
Still trying to determine who called Rick on the phone .... if it turns out to be the Verizon dude saying 'Can you hear me now'? I swear to God I will never watch this show again.

Theories on who ? I may go out on a limb and guess Carol, even tho we had a filled grave (but no definitive view of Carol's body).

Comic related spoilers ahead so read at your own risk:

In the comics Rick starts to get phone calls from an anonymous female after Lori's death. I'm not sure if it is ever directly stated in the comics but it is assumed that he is hearing Lori speak to him. Basically he becomes delusional after Lori's death and uses random telephones as a way to "talk" with her.

Show discussion:

It's possible that it is Carol, but that is an ultra-slim possibility. How would she even know the number to that particular phone in the room Lori gave birth in? I think it's safe to assume she is dead as she would not just run completely away from the prison when that is where the group is located and someone would have seen her exit out of the front gate anyway.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
I think its Carol in another part of the building. The prison phone system is probably interconnected with each other to some degree.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006

Why not it just Rick being insane? Haven't read the comics, so no idea if this comes up there, but the guy just lost his wife, sliced up a dozen walkers, went apeshit on Glenn, and aerated a zombie's stomach that supposedly contains his wife's remains. He wouldn't have actually heard the baby crying from where he was, so we can assume that was a hallucination... why is it a stretch to believe that the phone call is the same?

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Why not it just Rick being insane? Haven't read the comics, so no idea if this comes up there, but the guy just lost his wife, sliced up a dozen walkers, went apeshit on Glenn, and aerated a zombie's stomach that supposedly contains his wife's remains. He wouldn't have actually heard the baby crying from where he was, so we can assume that was a hallucination... why is it a stretch to believe that the phone call is the same?

Quite possibly.

Rick being on a blood-rage was amazing. He was like a 1 man walking army.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
We need to distribute axes and meth during a zombie outbreak. Take care of the problem in no time.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000

May be a ROBOCALLER still running somewhere. Just running the program.
If you hear a cruise ship horn...

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Yeah... But it just wouldn't be very entertaining if it took her 10 minutes to break it open. ;)

Seems like Carl did not shoot Lori as it looked like Rick picked up the bullet out of the floor where there was no blood or anything.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the bullet casing.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002

Because no show explains everything 100% of the time?

I'm never going to watch 5 minutes of talking dead (i didn't think anyone does), but I won't be bothered if I never see Carol or Lori again. If Lori is never found, you can assume that zombie ate her. You can also use your own brain to guess what happened, or just wait to see if later episodes reveal more information.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
LOL @ Glenn's eulogy for T-dog. Not much point in trying to develop the character after the character is dead. :D

I agree. They had Glenn do the same stupid thing for Sophia last season. Even though she had almost no lines, Glenn never talked to her, and he sat on the porch at the farm while everyone else looked for her, somehow she is suppose to be really important to him. The dialog didn't go with what had been shown.

So after two seasons with no backstory, now they add some backstory for T-Dog. A little late. If they wanted him to be more than a redshit, and some redshirts had more story than T-Dog, they needed to do it while he was alive.

What's with "he saved my ass a thousand times?" In the first two seasons it had already been established that Glenn was quick and was better off without anyone else slowing him down and putting him in danger. That it was T-Dog who was the clumsy one who needed help. Do the writers even watch the show?

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
My understanding from just watching the show, not reading comics, and not watching the Talking dead (some are likely incorrect):

- Carol was never found but assumed dead by the group. She could still be alive.
- The bloated zombie ate Lori. Rick found the bullet, which was lodged in the ground, then followed the trail of blood to the fat zombie.
- The governor's journal was a list of people turned into zombies, with Penny being his wife.
- Michonne didn't know specifically who Penny was, she just knew it was someone the governor had particular interest in.