The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
If they tell us next week that Lori was rescued by Carol and is still alive the writers should be inducted into the troll hall of fame.

that would be hilarious!

remember, carol was learning how to operate on the previous episode on a dead zombie! she learned in 15 minutes what doctors go to school for YEARS! SHE IS A FUCKING GENIUS!

EDIT:

oh and i'm convinced that CVSiN is on staff for this show.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
remember, carol was learning how to operate on the previous episode on a dead zombie! she learned in 15 minutes what doctors go to school for YEARS! SHE IS A FUCKING GENIUS!
She didn't learn it... She was trying.

You sure do seem to dislike the show quite a bit. Why do you waste your time watching it?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
She didn't learn it... She was trying.

You sure do seem to dislike the show quite a bit. Why do you waste your time watching it?

when did i say i dislike it?

i am entertained by a lot of bad shows/movies, and this is one of them. it's entertaining in a comical/dumb way, just like a lot of horror movies are, or sci fi movies.

it's like pirhana 3d. it's a bad bad movie, but it is still entertaining as hell. same with all of the saw flicks after part 2. i watched wrong turn 5 the other day ... yes they are up to part 5 of that series. could you imagine how bad of a movie it was? definitely entertaining though!

i watch shows/movies to be entertained and nothing more.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
purbeast is a troll dude, just ignore him.

My wife and I just watched all 26 (iirc) episodes of this show in the past week or so and it is our new favorite show by far. I have to say the first 5 or so episodes really set the table for this series. The acting is mostly excellent and the characters are engaging and realistic. I have to say when Amy got killed, Andrea's reaction was as real emotionally as any scene of loss I have ever seen. I've been blown away by the show mostly and, while it has had a few weak episodes, I will be tuning in every Sunday night until the show is over.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
As for Carol and T-Dog, I truly believe that the group did find the bodies and buried them... And Lori has been eaten (bones, clothes, and all, apparently) by that one zombie. The director/writers/whomever just did a pretty terrible job in conveying this to the audience.

I don't think the writers are that dumb. I think the graves are for those three people, but it's more symbolic.

There's no way a zombie just munched down Lori's ENTIRE body (and clothes? wtf) in the short amount of time it took Rick to find that scene (I'm assuming less than 2 hours or so). The way I see it, the writers are using this as a plot device (Carol missing and assumed dead along with Lori) to create suspense and a factor of uncertainy. They did this with Sohpia last season.

My prediction is that Carol found Lori and managed to save her somehow, or the more likely event that Carl didn't shoot Lori in the head and she is now a walker.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

i am entertained by a lot of bad shows/movies, and this is one of them. it's entertaining in a comical/dumb way, just like a lot of horror movies are, or sci fi movies.

it's like pirhana 3d. it's a bad bad movie, but it is still entertaining as hell. same with all of the saw flicks after part 2. i watched wrong turn 5 the other day ... yes they are up to part 5 of that series. could you imagine how bad of a movie it was? definitely entertaining though!

If this is a bad show, then there probably is no good shows out there according to you.

This is a pretty good show. The acting overall from most the actors is good. The plot overall has picked up and has been exciting, especially this season.

This things you nitpick are small details that mean nothing to the story. And then you claim carol learned something in 15 minutes, when in reality she hasnt... She learned where to cut with a knife. That takes all of 5 minutes. It is the rest of it (which we never seen her learn) that takes years of practice, such as stiches, and chemicals/medicines to reduce the infection possibilities.

But hey, you enjoy applying only half logic to these shows, and thats cool for you I guess.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I don't think the writers are that dumb. I think the graves are for those three people, but it's more symbolic.

There's no way a zombie just munched down Lori's ENTIRE body (and clothes? wtf) in the short amount of time it took Rick to find that scene (I'm assuming less than 2 hours or so). The way I see it, the writers are using this as a plot device (Carol missing and assumed dead along with Lori) to create suspense and a factor of uncertainy. They did this with Sohpia last season.

My prediction is that Carol found Lori and managed to save her somehow, or the more likely event that Carl didn't shoot Lori in the head and she is now a walker.

Thats the point. This show is also based on suspense. So they have to leave unanwsered questions to be anwsered later.

It is how a lot of shows work.

Also a director of that episode on talking dead confirmed lori was eaten. Whether all of her or some of her, who knows. But there was also hair, same color of lori's, hanging out of the walkers mouth when Rick found him.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000

I was half-assed watching and on my computer at the same time, but I do remember a scene where Rick picked up a bullet from the floor. It looked like it was suggesting that Carl shot the floor. Or the bullet went through Lori's head into the floor.

I was expecting zombie-Lori with a flabby, cut open torso swinging around walking towards Rick in taht scene.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I was expecting zombie-Lori with a flabby, cut open torso swinging around walking towards Rick in taht scene.

Me too. Would have been AWESOME!! Almost as awesome as if that daycare they went to for the formula would have had zombie babies.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Me too. Would have been AWESOME!! Almost as awesome as if that daycare they went to for the formula would have had zombie babies.

I was glad that they didn't. The Governor's daughter's hair pulling thing was nasty enough... The regular zombie stuff doesn't bother me though.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
it's funny that people get so butthurt when people don't agree with their opinions.

so now inconsistencies across a series is a 'small detail'.

and i'm sorry if you couldn't tell that i was being a tad sarcastic with my comment about carol learning to become a surgeon. i thought that my CAPS LOCK would convey that i was joking around.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
In regards to Lori:

I think she's going to make a reappearance as a zombie, only a half-eaten one: Just like the one Rick put down in the park, near his home, at the end of the first episode of the show.

It would be powerful to see that motif turn full circle, with Rick putting Lori down the same way he put down that woman.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
that would be hilarious!

EDIT:

oh and i'm convinced that CVSiN is on staff for this show.

I sure wish I was.. would be a fun job..

Nope just a Server Admin for an oil company who loves my comic books and zombie shows.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

You are comparing TWD with Piranha? you are a troll.

Feb 10, 2000

i am entertained by a lot of bad shows/movies, and this is one of them** it's entertaining in a ***ical/dumb way, just like a lot of horror movies are, or sci fi movies**

it's like pirhana 3d** it's a bad bad movie, but it is still entertaining as hell** same with all of the saw flicks after part 2** i watched wrong turn 5 the other day ****** yes they are up to part 5 of that series** could you imagine how bad of a movie it was? definitely entertaining though!

i watch shows/movies to be entertained and nothing more**

I wouldn't say The Walking Dead is bad, but I certainly don't consider it anywhere near the top of the heap in terms of modern serialized dramas** If Breaking Bad is (and I think it is) an A+, Mad Men is an A, Homeland is an A- and The Walking Dead is a B or B-** Still more than serviceable, just not anything stellar** I still like it enough to watch, just not enough to indulge in a lot of detailed discussion about it**

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
People... LORI IS DEAD. As has been said before, Director/Exec Producer Greg Nicotero said so on The Talking Dead.

Here is another source
I asked him about Lori’s body. Did the zombie really consume all of her? That doesn’t make sense.

Nicotero said based on the trail of blood, remnants of Lori remain outside of camera’s view. Even “The Walking Dead” won’t show that much gore. “There are some boundaries here and there, believe it or not,” Nicotero said.

He said the fact the zombie’s stomach packed with Lori guts looked oddly pregnant was a purposely throwback to Lori’s pregnancy. And he said Rick knew immediately what had happened because the zombie had Lori’s hair coming out of his mouth.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
And as for Carol, Greg Nicotero says:
"One of the challenging things about Episode 4 was that she (Carol) disappears,” says Nicotero. “They find her clothing. They have never found her. As far as everyone knows, Carol has suffered the same fate as everyone else, but that will be revealed shortly.”

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I think I am getting more enjoyment seeing people here get their panties in a bunch over a TV show than I am getting from the show.