The shocking growth of state power to take over cities, remove elected officials

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

"Daddy, what are you doing?"

"Shut-up - I gotta copy and paste..."

EvilJokerSmile.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I'll deconstruct the 234 gibberish later. I would just like to point out that you have failed to address any of my points and that I am so far from a "righty" I might well be extremist for you how far left I am... I'm just not intellectually dishonest.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Better check your sphincter:

I know a few farmers in the MI area, Tom - I'd bet you're in my sphincter quite a bit....

\suck off the teat some more...
\\that sweet sweet government teat...

Last edited:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I know a few farmers in the MI area, Tom - I'd bet you're in my sphincter quite a bit....

This is why I love liberals; when they think they are being clever, they are really just showing their stupidity.

\I am not a farmer..
\\I just think corn is tasty...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
This is why I love liberals; when they think they are being clever, they are really just showing their stupidity.

\I am not a farmer..
\\I just think corn is tasty...

Perhaps you may someday make a link that works... while you suck off the governments teats..

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I've never understood your forward slashes and back slashes. It's kind of strange.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Kentucky – $18,093
Idaho – $17,841
North Dakota – $17,769
Oklahoma – $17,646
South Dakota – $17,562
New Mexico – $17,261
Montana – $17,151
Louisiana – $16,912
Arkansas – $16,904
West Virginia – $16,477
Mississippi – $15,853

wow they suck. good thing these are right to work states :)

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I'm the wind baby...

/and the freeloader Corn needs to fix his link....

I didn't post a link, the forum software just decided to interpret the slashes and the "I" as a link.

Could you please elaborate on this "freeloader" charge of yours? This outta be interesting.......

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
You should have went with that... because that was fucking funny...

I come here for my own amusement, and can appreciate it when I provide amusement to the benefit of other forum members........no matter the reason. Too lazy, and now obstinate, to suffer having to edit that post. Guess you'll just have to live with it.

/you forgot to explain "freeloader"
//not suprised

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I come here for my own amusement, and can appreciate it when I provide amusement to the benefit of other forum members........no matter the reason. Too lazy, and now obstinate, to suffer having to edit that post. Guess you'll just have to live with it.

/you forgot to explain "freeloader"
//not suprised

"freeloader" was too strong a word - would be gathering a source of income from the government be incorrect?

Last edited:

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
I think we can all finally say without a doubt that the right wing has been completely radicalized. There really is no point in making differentiations between teabaggers, conservatives, Reps, and whatever other bucket of shit party the right wing has. Basically they should all be encapsulated into the word Radicals. When you really think about the United States the country has really never seen something like this before. We've all read the quotes about dire warnings, what could happen if the people fell asleep at the switch. Well if some movement, some idealogical conspiracy is going to happen...then wouldn't this be it?

At the very least I believe the Republicans have a plan that is mostly driven with greed. But greed doesn't have this sort of coordination...

Who knows what these Radicals wet dreams are, but I think its a America that really isn't relevant anymore. I don't think these people really care about the country despite what they say. Its history and what it stands for are just obsolete things to be thrown to the trash heap.

Regardless I don't think this is much of a threat. At the end of day its just petty greed that drives these radicals. Do they honestly believe they can control consumer America?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think we can all finally say without a doubt that the right wing has been completely radicalized. There really is no point in making differentiations between teabaggers, conservatives, Reps, and whatever other bucket of shit party the right wing has. Basically they should all be encapsulated into the word Radicals. When you really think about the United States the country has really never seen something like this before. We've all read the quotes about dire warnings, what could happen if the people fell asleep at the switch. Well if some movement, some idealogical conspiracy is going to happen...then wouldn't this be it?

At the very least I believe the Republicans have a plan that is mostly driven with greed. But greed doesn't have this sort of coordination...

Who knows what these Radicals wet dreams are, but I think its a America that really isn't relevant anymore. I don't think these people really care about the country despite what they say. Its history and what it stands for are just obsolete things to be thrown to the trash heap.

Regardless I don't think this is much of a threat. At the end of day its just petty greed that drives these radicals. Do they honestly believe they can control consumer America?

You're right, but I think yo underestimate the power of a movement like this.

It might be 'petty' greed, but petty greed can motivate organizations making trillions of dollars to take their power very seriously.

Take a look around the world's history of country after country with a few wealthy tyrants, all those oppressed people were dominated by petty greed of a few.

Concentration of wealth makes human life cheap - the opposite intent of democracy which values the individual with a vote equal to anyone else's.

I think they can 'control consumer America', can dominate our political system.

The people as always need to fight for their interests - and most don't.

Greed DOES have this sort of coordination, because it has strategists who plan things like the national assault on unions through the state legislatures.

As far as their 'caring about the country' - empty PR mostly, 'the first refuge of the scoundrel is patriotism' as said early in our history.

I think this stuff taken as a whole is the biggest threat our country has faced outside WWII and nuclear war since more than a century ago.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
How can any of you take Maddow seriously? She is an alarmist who seeks out the worst-case imaginable scenario of a given set of hand-picked facts, then runs with it in an over-sensationalized hype.

Turn off MSNBC, your quality of life will improve.

Craig, you are what you live to demonize. I'm just hoping you come to that realization sooner rather than later.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Here's the dirty little secret:

Life isn't fair

-and-

just because life isn't fair, does not mean it is evil.

If there were a wand to fix all the ills in the world, you can bet your ass both Republicans and Democrats would use it in a heartbeat. But there is no magical solution. And when you look at someone's approach to the problems, and select out and focus on just one small portion, one small set of facts, conveniently ignoring the larger picture - that's when "journalists" like Maddow shine. Look at the whole picture, the underlying motives, the approach, for both those implementing a plan, as well as all other parties involved. Doing so tends to put things in clearer perspective.

Well, either that or continue bitching on an internet forum that makes absolutely no difference in the world :D

Last edited:

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Setting aside that you can't believe anything Maddow says and that she's pretty much a partisan nutjob, her ranting about this stuff is pretty funny considering it was a democrat (Granholm) that started the whole Benton Harbor mess.

To my knowledge, states have always had the capability of stepping in and taking fairly drastic steps when needed, including getting rid of towns/municipalities/cities etc. There was one town in Ohio that was particularly abusive (it was essentially a 2 x 2 mile speed trap with like 5,000 residents and 100 police officers), run by a crooked corrupted bunch, and eventually the state just simply dissolved the township.

Did I miss something or is it only particularly evil if it's done by republicans?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I don't trust Rachel Maddow after her smear of the 10th Amendment Center. She's a Federalist.

Another thing I don't trust her on, is her constant defense of the Military State of Israel which possibly forces apartheid, when she's hammering Dr. Rand Paul on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.