The Pew Pew Thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I own over 30 guns and have been shooting/collecting guns for more than thirty years. Never have I pointed a gun at anyone let alone shot anyone. All of my guns are locked in an 800lb gun safe except for one I keep safely stashed for home defense. Taking guns away from me will do absolutely nothing to make people safer. I am typical of many law abiding gun owners.

Guns are not evil, they are simply a tool.

Nov 17, 2019
Go Go Gunners!!!!

20 injured in Milwaukee shootings after Bucks playoff game

www.cbsnews.com.ico
CBS News|29 minutes ago
None of the injuries from either of two shootings after Friday night's game were believed to be life-threatening.

Just out havin' fun plinkin' people.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Chicken shit held gun under his chin but being the coward he is, couldn’t pull the trigger to blow out his brain and surrendered without further incident.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Atleast 10 dead

Shooter is 18 yr-old white male and the article I read said they're treating it as a hate crime. I guess the manifesto he supposedly put online is a doozy. They did say he wasn't from the area and drove several hours to get to that market, which is in a predominantly black neighborhood.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
m other
Chicken shit held gun under his chin but being the coward he is, couldn’t pull the trigger to blow out his brain and surrendered without further incident.
Probably wants to see how much praise he gets from fellow racists. He’s probably hoping he is finally and at last no longer a nobody. That will teach them a lesson, those who told him he was.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Shooter is 18 yr-old white male and the article I read said they're treating it as a hate crime. I guess the manifesto he supposedly put online is a doozy. They did say he wasn't from the area and drove several hours to get to that market, which is in a predominantly black neighborhood.

This is the guy

1652571573345.png

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
ahem
I can think of no better way for Tucker Carlson to off himself than his broadcast of his White replacement fears. We create what we fear and I wish him luck.

At a minimum he should be spit on wherever he goes.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
ahem

When you sow the seeds of hate and fear this is what you get. Blame is on these idiots, not the gun.

Word is the rifle was purchased legally but the magazines used were illegal. So much for those strict gun laws in New York.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
When you sow the seeds of hate and fear this is what you get. Blame is on these idiots, not the gun.

Word is the rifle was purchased legally but the magazines used were illegal. So much for those strict gun laws in New York.
Why can’t we blame the gun? ‘Merica!!!!! obsession for guns is insane that we in the rest of the world don’t get. Fine plenty of responsible gun owners out there but the irresponsible ones ruin it for the rest of you.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why can’t we blame the gun? ‘Merica!!!!! obsession for guns is insane that we in the rest of the world don’t get. Fine plenty of responsible gun owners out there but the irresponsible ones ruin it for the rest of you.
That’s the point. Irresponsibility is the product of our culture. Irresponsible people ruin everything for responsible people not just with gun ownership but with everything, and the way that irresponsible people react to the irresponsible people around them is to try to legislate responsibility. They won’t touch the causes of irresponsibility itself because they themselves would be have to face the inconvenience of facing the truth about themselves. We want to control everybody else but never ourselves.

We are full of blame because we were made to feel full of guilt about our behaviors to control them rather than learning respect for ourselves by emulating respectful behavior from others.

We create what we fear. The greater the effort to control a society the sicker it becomes creating the need for more control. The greater the feelings of being controlled the greater the desire for guns. The authoritarian ego and the anti-authoritarian ego create each other.

And ego is the lack of self respect.

Mar 11, 2004
If this guy is a product of mental illness, then modern right wingers' ideology is a mental illness.

I do love how the gun nuts try and defend their moronic arguments, "I own SOOOOOO many guns, and I've never done anything bad with them, I'm a perfect person, and would never do anything bad, I am representative of all gun owners, except the bad ones" like its up there with the "if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns" like, uh, no shit, this isn't a profound wise statement, its just a basic statement that doesn't in any way actually address anything being discussed. Constantly repeating the same shit doesn't magically make it not nonsensical. Meanwhile the more we look study, the more it keeps showing guns objectively make things less safe for humans.

Oh look another indoctrinated idiot committing an atrocity because guns allow them to inflict a monumental amount of harm. "Its not the guns!!!!!" says the people constantly fetishizing guns while griping about people pointing out how that mentality is permanently linked with the lies and racism and other hatred being espoused by people openly calling for violence because people disagree with them (in this instance even the supposed disagreement is straight up made up bullshit). Without guns, those people would not feel so emboldened to do the things they are, let alone be able to as easily commit such mass harm. No doubt this will be followed up with "but bombs and cars and other stuff exist!" and the cycle of idiotic arguments wherein they ignore things like basic logic in order to keep making the same stupid claims over and over and over again.

The funniest part is how they brag about their gun fetish but get mad when people just call it plainly what it is. Its sad that people like furries are less cowardly and able to admit their fetish than gun nuts. Which either shows they realize how fucked up it is to fetishize guns, or just shows them for the chickenshit cowards they really are and how their gun obsession is all about their fear. The most pathetic thing of all if how many women, trans people, black people, and others, regularly show incredible amount of bravery by just not giving into near constant legitimate fears, yet gun fetishists constantly cite their fears while claiming they're not afraid at all. Simply pathetic.

At this point, my biggest issue is how they simply cannot be honest with themselves even, and how that prevents them from understanding basic common sense logic, as that's what is fueling basically all the other problems we're facing. But, much like the cryptoevangelists, they can't do that because then the entirety of their arguments would fall to pieces. Nevermind they never needed to make their nonsensical arguments in the first place. But they can't even realize how their arguments expose that none of their arguments are based on rationality. Shooting guns is fun. I personally don't get enough enjoyment from it to outweigh the risks. I feel the same way about motorcycles. I'd be fine with people enjoying both if I didn't have to constantly hear a load of bullshit for them to try and justify that by jumping to ever more nonsensical arguments (regardless of anyone even making any argument against them in any way), which then fuels a load of other idiocy.

Reactions: Gardener

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
If this guy is a product of mental illness, then modern right wingers' ideology is a mental illness.

I do love how the gun nuts try and defend their moronic arguments, "I own SOOOOOO many guns, and I've never done anything bad with them, I'm a perfect person, and would never do anything bad, I am representative of all gun owners, except the bad ones" like its up there with the "if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns" like, uh, no shit, this isn't a profound wise statement, its just a basic statement that doesn't in any way actually address anything being discussed. Constantly repeating the same shit doesn't magically make it not nonsensical. Meanwhile the more we look study, the more it keeps showing guns objectively make things less safe for humans.

Oh look another indoctrinated idiot committing an atrocity because guns allow them to inflict a monumental amount of harm. "Its not the guns!!!!!" says the people constantly fetishizing guns while griping about people pointing out how that mentality is permanently linked with the lies and racism and other hatred being espoused by people openly calling for violence because people disagree with them (in this instance even the supposed disagreement is straight up made up bullshit). Without guns, those people would not feel so emboldened to do the things they are, let alone be able to as easily commit such mass harm. No doubt this will be followed up with "but bombs and cars and other stuff exist!" and the cycle of idiotic arguments wherein they ignore things like basic logic in order to keep making the same stupid claims over and over and over again.

The funniest part is how they brag about their gun fetish but get mad when people just call it plainly what it is. Its sad that people like furries are less cowardly and able to admit their fetish than gun nuts. Which either shows they realize how fucked up it is to fetishize guns, or just shows them for the chickenshit cowards they really are and how their gun obsession is all about their fear. The most pathetic thing of all if how many women, trans people, black people, and others, regularly show incredible amount of bravery by just not giving into near constant legitimate fears, yet gun fetishists constantly cite their fears while claiming they're not afraid at all. Simply pathetic.

At this point, my biggest issue is how they simply cannot be honest with themselves even, and how that prevents them from understanding basic common sense logic, as that's what is fueling basically all the other problems we're facing. But, much like the cryptoevangelists, they can't do that because then the entirety of their arguments would fall to pieces. Nevermind they never needed to make their nonsensical arguments in the first place. But they can't even realize how their arguments expose that none of their arguments are based on rationality. Shooting guns is fun. I personally don't get enough enjoyment from it to outweigh the risks. I feel the same way about motorcycles. I'd be fine with people enjoying both if I didn't have to constantly hear a load of bullshit for them to try and justify that by jumping to ever more nonsensical arguments (regardless of anyone even making any argument against them in any way), which then fuels a load of other idiocy.

Nice manifesto. You haven't said anything to prove to me that owning guns makes me less safe. Citing a study that only looked at one side of having a gun in the home doesn't count as a valid study. If you fail to consider the positives of gun ownership like crime prevented by armed homeowners or one that takes into account other factors in the homes in question (like mental stability, financial stability, etc.) then it is not a study that I will take seriously.

I sold my motorcycle in 2021. Just wasn't riding it enough. The only person I had to justify riding to was myself and my wife. She never gave me any grief about it though... unlike you, a total stranger on the interwebs. I took safety very seriously when I rode and I rode for decades and I take firearm safety very seriously. For the record, I'm not asking for your permission to do either nor do I support your notion that you should have a say in what I do in my spare time.

This pic of my son shooting one of my revolvers (70 year old firearm technology) should get you good and riled up. :p And yes, I feel perfectly safe at the shooting range enjoying gun ownership with like minded individuals regardless of your insane ramblings about safety.

44 Magnum.jpg

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Citing a study that only looked at one side of having a gun in the home doesn't count as a valid study.
Lol what about the case study of the good ‘O USA and their second amendment. What other civilized country has comparable mass shootings and other gun related deaths.

Yes you’re a responsible owner. Families of the 300 people killed by guns in the US just over this past weekend can give a rats ass how responsible you are. They know what’s to blame.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Nice manifesto. You haven't said anything to prove to me that owning guns makes me less safe. Citing a study that only looked at one side of having a gun in the home doesn't count as a valid study. If you fail to consider the positives of gun ownership like crime prevented by armed homeowners or one that takes into account other factors in the homes in question (like mental stability, financial stability, etc.) then it is not a study that I will take seriously.

I sold my motorcycle in 2021. Just wasn't riding it enough. The only person I had to justify riding to was myself and my wife. She never gave me any grief about it though... unlike you, a total stranger on the interwebs. I took safety very seriously when I rode and I rode for decades and I take firearm safety very seriously. For the record, I'm not asking for your permission to do either nor do I support your notion that you should have a say in what I do in my spare time.

This pic of my son shooting one of my revolvers (70 year old firearm technology) should get you good and riled up. :p And yes, I feel perfectly safe at the shooting range enjoying gun ownership with like minded individuals regardless of your insane ramblings about safety.

View attachment 61559
Hate to burst your "responsible gun owner" bubble but you are presenting yourself as nothing more than just another gun nut festishizer who will do absolutely nothing to curb the gun violence epidemic in this country. Your attitude is part of the national problem. The crisis we face demands immediate action, but those brave souls willing to take the required actions are held back by people just like you who don't give a flying rats ass about any of the people who die daily in this country due to guns.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Lol what about the case study of the good ‘O USA and their second amendment. What other civilized country has comparable mass shootings and other gun related deaths.

Yes you’re a responsible owner. Families of the 300 people killed by guns in the US just over this past weekend can give a rats ass how responsible you are. They know what’s to blame.

What's to blame is the mentally unstable lunatics who commit the crime. Not law abiding gun owners. Guns don't commit crimes, people do.

Hate to burst your "responsible gun owner" bubble but you are presenting yourself as nothing more than just another gun nut festishizer who will do absolutely nothing to curb the gun violence epidemic in this country. Your attitude is part of the national problem. The crisis we face demands immediate action, but those brave souls willing to take the required actions are held back by people just like you who don't give a flying rats ass about any of the people who die daily in this country due to guns.

I'm not willing to give up my rights because some lunatic does something illegal.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
... reasons. And I don't wanna, so neener, neener, neener .......

So your solution is you want gun owners to give up their rights, their guns, in order to prevent crime, even though there is no evidence that more gun legislation will do anything to prevent crime. I live in California, a state with some of the dumbest gun laws in the country, and none of the stupid legislation here does anything to prevent crime. It is just "feel good" legislation passed to give politicians something to pat themselves on the back for that does nothing but erode my rights.

Your rifle has a pistol grip? It's illegal now despite the fact that these two rifles are functionally exactly the same. They even shoot the same caliber ammunition.

Rifles.jpg

Nope, I do not support more gun legislation. I have to pass a background check for every gun I purchase. I can only purchase one gun every 30 days, I need to pass an instant background check to buy ammo, I cannot have ammo shipped to my house, I cannot own guns like the tan rifle pictured above because they are "evil" and my government says I can't be trusted with them despite the fact that the rifle below is functionally exactly the same as the one above. It's enough. You want to prevent crime? Enforce the laws already on the books. Don't let mentally unstable people buy or own guns. Don't let violent felons out of prison, give them the maximum sentence and keep them there.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004

He's just a FYGM asshole. Only cares about his rights, so what if he tramples others' in the process? Nevermind the 2nd Amendment in no way supports his gun fetishism. But hey, let's not discuss that, or objective reality, it just matters if he's not able to buy as many surrogate penises to stroke with his kid. Then he might get angry. And well, he's got guns. But hey, he's a perfect fine upstanding person that in no way would ever do anything bad with guns. But you damn well will be taking them from his cold dead hands (despite no one actually saying that, did I mention that we can't discuss reality with gun nuts?).