The Pew Pew Thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh god, he seriously went with the rape victims argument? I haven't even bothered reading his dogshit posts, I could already know his arguments just based on the replies to them because gun nutters are ridiculously formulaic and have not a single original thought in them.

Nov 17, 2019
Guess he'll have more time now ....

UPS driver gunned down for taking too long to parallel park; shooter pleads guilty to attempted murder

www.foxnews.com.ico
Fox News|1 hour ago
A New York City man has pleaded guilty to charges for shooting a United Parcel Service worker while riding passenger in a stolen Mercedes-Benz, after the deliveryman took too long to parallel park his vehicle,

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Kitchen knives are silent. Do you go around murdering your neighbors?

Do we need to rig speakers on Tesla's so their owners don't sneak up on pedestrians and squish them?

They already play Jetson car noises when they back up. The horn can also play "Toss a Coin to your Witcher, "La Cucaracha", or make fart noises. So I'd say it's covered.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hey Ma, let's have a bang up day!!!

Kentucky man, 22, shoots his mom on Mother's Day after dispute over gift, sheriff says

www.foxnews.com.ico
Fox News|2 hours ago
Jacob Small, 22, shot his own mother on Mother's Day after they got into an argument over an Xbox controller that he gifted her, authorities in Kentucky said.

I can certainly understand the dispute. Who buys their mom a game controller for Mother's Day? The sort who would shoot their mom over it, apparently...

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Kitchen knives are silent. Do you go around murdering your neighbors?

Do we need to rig speakers on Tesla's so their owners don't sneak up on pedestrians and squish them?

The lack of engine noise in electric cars is generally considered a safety issue.

Edit - thought I can't say I can see suppressors as being a major issue for gun violence. Except I suppose if someone is going to go on a shooting rampage it would serve them right to suffer hearing damage.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Edit - thought I can't say I can see suppressors as being a major issue for gun violence. Except I suppose if someone is going to go on a shooting rampage it would serve them right to suffer hearing damage.
Yes but the shooter can wear protection and just damage the hearing of people he misses or fails to kill.

Reactions: nickqt

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The lack of engine noise in electric cars is generally considered a safety issue.

Yes, but for accidents right? Not because drivers with whisper quiet cars are now feeling free to run people over.

This false idea with suppressors begins with the assumption that the only thing holding people back from a murder spree is figuring out how to do it quietly. Just silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt
Mar 11, 2004
Yes, but for accidents right? Not because drivers with whisper quiet cars are now feeling free to run people over.

This false idea with suppressors begins with the assumption that the only thing holding people back from a murder spree is figuring out how to do it quietly. Just silly.

"For accidents"? Its there as a preventative measure, with the motivation of why there potentially being a collision not even factoring in at all. It doesn't matter, and get this, it benefits both "accidents" and intentional situations because of it. Kinda like regulating murder weapons, it doesn't matter what your motivation for shooting would be, shooting inherently puts people in danger. This is the most basic of basic common sense and yet you gun nuts can't even get that. And so, because of it you psychopaths have decided its better to force everyone to have to risk having to deal with your "accidents" and intentional acts of assholery.

No it doesn't. God you gun nuts are fucking willfully stupid assholes. Can you be honest even a tiny bit? That's rhetorical because of course you can't because you've chosen to disregard all sense in order to prop up your fetishism of murder weapons. That you have to constantly make up bullshit arguments to argue against is what is actually silly but you're too goddamn stupid to even have that level of self awareness.

Not sure why I bothered responding to your garbage ass formulaic bullshit argument (gee, we've never seen gun nuts try to say "well what about cars they can kill people too!" because you apparently are too goddamn stupid to notice that we regulate the hell out of the car industry, including both the object and the people using the object, for safety reasons, but can't seem to understand why, that being quite successful, people with sense realized it would work if we apply it to other markets, like say machinery designed solely for killing).

But hey, maybe eventually you can provide a legit real world use for a suppressor? We know you won't though because you're just full of shit, like all the other gun nuts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
"For accidents"? Its there as a preventative measure, with the motivation of why there potentially being a collision not even factoring in at all. It doesn't matter, and get this, it benefits both "accidents" and intentional situations because of it. Kinda like regulating murder weapons, it doesn't matter what your motivation for shooting would be, shooting inherently puts people in danger. This is the most basic of basic common sense and yet you gun nuts can't even get that. And so, because of it you psychopaths have decided its better to force everyone to have to risk having to deal with your "accidents" and intentional acts of assholery.

No it doesn't. God you gun nuts are fucking willfully stupid assholes. Can you be honest even a tiny bit? That's rhetorical because of course you can't because you've chosen to disregard all sense in order to prop up your fetishism of murder weapons. That you have to constantly make up bullshit arguments to argue against is what is actually silly but you're too goddamn stupid to even have that level of self awareness.

Not sure why I bothered responding to your garbage ass formulaic bullshit argument (gee, we've never seen gun nuts try to say "well what about cars they can kill people too!" because you apparently are too goddamn stupid to notice that we regulate the hell out of the car industry, including both the object and the people using the object, for safety reasons, but can't seem to understand why, that being quite successful, people with sense realized it would work if we apply it to other markets, like say machinery designed solely for killing).

But hey, maybe eventually you can provide a legit real world use for a suppressor? We know you won't though because you're just full of shit, like all the other gun nuts.
Gosh, I'm so impressed by this its clear that mufflers on cars should be banned.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

A suppressor just reduces the sound level of a gunshot to less ear damaging levels. No idea why these are so regulated quite frankly. It’s like regulating hearing protection.

Reactions: Dave_5k

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Blah blah curse words, wall of text blah blah

Guns are really fun to shoot. I'd say you should try it sometime you might have a good time and learn something.

OTOH, you don't seem to have control over your emotions, and considering hotheads and guns don't mix, so maybe not.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This kid tried it. Apparently he liked it.

Teen Shot 5-Year-Old Boy in Head Fearing He Would 'Snitch On Him'

The suspected shooter, Malcolm Hardy, 16, is facing murder charges for allegedly killing three people in the same family earlier this year.

Yup, that’s what happens when children are made to feel such terror at getting caught doing something wrong they will take a chance on killing someone rather than getting caught and being made to feel worthless all over again.

But let’s blame guns rather than notice the real cause is the cumulative psychological ignorance of our culture we won’t face for the same reason.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Guess she had her some fun too .....

Woman Arrested After Opening Fire on School Bus: Police

A Georgia woman has been arrested after police say she opened fire on a school bus while children were on board.

No reason given. If I had to guess I would say that the bus driver either disappointed her romantically, broke off a relationship, or had some suspected involvement with the shooters man. Somehow or another the facade of false ego value of the shooter was likely challenged threatening her with feeling how worthless she actually feels.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Guess she had her some fun too .....

Woman Arrested After Opening Fire on School Bus: Police

A Georgia woman has been arrested after police say she opened fire on a school bus while children were on board.

You better tell the tens of millions of Americans who own guns and haven't killed anyone that because guns terrify you in principle, that they should start murdering people. Or whatever your point seems to be.

Owning a firearm, whether it's a .22 or an AR-15, isn't inherently dangerous, unless it's made so. The gun "crisis" in this country is a symptom of societal breakdown and collapse.

To be clear, you are NEVER. GOING. TO. OUTLAW. GUNS. So just screaming about it is counterproductive at best, and in cases like supreme genius Beto O'Rourke, could cost Democrats elections that might actually help with the whole societal breakdown and collapse problem.

Look, it's this simple:

When the fascists come to murder you in your sleep, you can be a nice polite liberal and get murdered in your sleep. That's fine, and I'd never tell you that you have to defend yourself. That said safely owning and knowing how to operate a firearm to defend yourself, family, and community, is one way to not be a nice polite liberal who gets murdered in their sleep.

Reactions: Bitek

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You better tell the tens of millions of Americans who own guns and haven't killed anyone that because guns terrify you in principle, that they should start murdering people. Or whatever your point seems to be.

Owning a firearm, whether it's a .22 or an AR-15, isn't inherently dangerous, unless it's made so. The gun "crisis" in this country is a symptom of societal breakdown and collapse.

To be clear, you are NEVER. GOING. TO. OUTLAW. GUNS. So just screaming about it is counterproductive at best, and in cases like supreme genius Beto O'Rourke, could cost Democrats elections that might actually help with the whole societal breakdown and collapse problem.

Look, it's this simple:

When the fascists come to murder you in your sleep, you can be a nice polite liberal and get murdered in your sleep. That's fine, and I'd never tell you that you have to defend yourself. That said safely owning and knowing how to operate a firearm to defend yourself, family, and community, is one way to not be a nice polite liberal who gets murdered in their sleep.
I agree with you but for me the self defense issue, while primary in the minds of people who own guns with that as a major reason, it is not the most important issue for me. Only a fool, in my opinion, would try to limit the capacity of a law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the insanity of others, and cost anyone trying to do so important votes, the real problem for me is the attitude of those who feel it is within their rights to pass laws that try to control the bad behavior of some at the expense of others. Such authoritarian self satisfaction and ego-centrism, or Karen-like entitlement is the road to fascism. It is based on the notion that others require control for the safety of the self, and is founded on the notion that other people are actually evil rather than conditioned that way. It is a negative view of life that leads to self destruction and is rooted in fear of self recognition that all that hate coming at you from the evil in others isn't just the projection of childhood inculcated self hate.

A society infected with such fear operates out of hopelessness in human perfectibility not based on threat, intimidation, and fear. We live in such a society, one becoming sicker and sicker as more and more of our life experience is filled with cruelty and horror.

Nov 17, 2019
Look, it's this simple:
The five year old in post 243 shudda hadda gun.
Everybody on the school bus in post 245 shudda hadda gun.
All the other kids and innocents in all the other posts on this thread shudda had'em sum gunz.

Gotcha' gunner.

More Gunz!!!!!

That'll fix everything. Nobody else will ever get shot.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The five year old in post 243 shudda hadda gun.
Everybody on the school bus in post 245 shudda hadda gun.
All the other kids and innocents in all the other posts on this thread shudda had'em sum gunz.

Gotcha' gunner.

More Gunz!!!!!

That'll fix everything. Nobody else will ever get shot.
There are 400+ million guns in this country.

Run on the platform that you're going to take 1 gun away from 1 person. See where it gets ya, people's champion.

Oh, and when the fascists take power, just lie in your bed very very quietly and be polite when they walk into your house and murder you.

Have a great day, people's champion!