The **Official** SW: TOR Anandtech Guild (Roll Call, Allegiance, Class Etc)

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005
Hey All:

I'd definitely be interested in joining the guild. Player name is 'Aristides'; I'm a lvl 25 (about 5k away from 26) Jedi Sentinel using the Watchman specialty. Although this is my first mmo, I'm getting the hang of the game mechanics and usually will play for a few hours a day.

Mostly b/c of my inexperience and my desire not to be 'that' noob, I've stayed away from PvP stuff. Now that I have a better handle on my character and a good combat rotation -- thank you ToR forums and youtube -- I would definitely be interested in exploring that component of the game. Also, I participated in my first op yesterday -- killing the Taris world boss -- which was fun and I'd definitely be interested in doing some more ops in the future, if you all ever need an extra player.

So, like I say, I'd definitely be interested in joining the guild. Of course, if I'm too inexperienced or not a sufficiently high-level, no offense will taken.

Regards,

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I'd definitely be interested in joining the guild. Player name is 'Aristides'; I'm a lvl 25 (about 5k away from 26) Jedi Sentinel using the Watchman specialty. Although this is my first mmo, I'm getting the hang of the game mechanics and usually will play for a few hours a day.

I'll try to keep look for you in game to send an invite. Or you can just message one of the people I mentioned in my last post. :)

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Another short ops night, another boss learned. It's actually nice to get these small doses. Gharj was fun and pretty straightforward, with a really quick group all around. Too bad half of them have to start late and the other half have to go to bed early (hence the short runs). :D

The lava bug provided lots of humor. The bug where half the op group didn't get credit for the weekly? Less amusing.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
You guys on the republic side ever get together to PvP?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Yup. Usually the regular bracket. 50s is brutal for Republic at night, but ok during the day.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
How do you guys like ShiiCho?

I'm on Drooga's Pleasure Barge with some WoW guildies, but the server pop is REALLY low. Hit 50 last week but finding groups for almost anything is a real pain in the ass.

Contemplating a move to a higher pop server, as little as I want to start over.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
How do you guys like ShiiCho?
Republic is nice. For some reason, we seem to be dominating in l50 warzones of late.

If you're wondering, the entire faction seems to be short on DPS. It's hilarious.

*Anyone from AT is welcome. Just post in this thread or mention being from AT when you contact us in game.
*Non-AT members can join, with a reference. Whether you know them IRL, or in-game, either is fine. As long as we don't start having problems from new members, I will keep the "open" policy. Just try to ensure that you don't invite someone unless you've spent enough time with them to at least know that they aren't a total dick.
I like this policy. We'll see.

It seems to me that smaller guilds either get bigger over time or die off. I suggest we take the former route, within reason. Not to actively recruit everyone you meet or spam the channels (god forbid), but I don't think just having new AT folks trying the game is going to keep a constant flow of new players into the future (though we do have those too). I'd like to have a guild to come back to, still running things, if I have to make like StepUp for a few months.

That doesn't mean to be worried. But if you like playing with someone (whether random from game or IRL) and they're either not guilded or unhappy with their current situation, consider asking if they might be interested. The most important thing, I think, is that they actually enjoy playing the game.

aphelion02

Dec 26, 2010
I hate to rock the boat or anything, but it really bothers me that the guild leader hasn't even logged on more than once after the first two weeks. Stepup, do you still intend to play this game actively? At the current levels of activity I propose transferring guild leadership to someone else and having you as an founder / lieutenant.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I hate to rock the boat or anything, but it really bothers me that the guild leader hasn't even logged on more than once after the first two weeks. Stepup, do you still intend to play this game actively? At the current levels of activity I propose transferring guild leadership to someone else and having you as an founder / lieutenant.

Agreed x2. Anyone else interested in some late night PvP'ing with Ziggystardust? haha

//edit2

I'm actively looking for another guild. I need to find some more people with similar interests (premade PvP); it's also very tough to find crafters with such a small pool to choose from. I am also aware I'm probably more of the problem vs the solution since my playtime is very limited and I don't craft at all lol. I'm seriously only interested in PvP + gaming the GTN right now.

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Couldn't we get Chust, or someone like that to take over? He seems to be on quite regularly on the Republic side.

I'd offer to help out, but I'm useless as balls on a cow.

KT

aphelion02

Dec 26, 2010
I think Chust has actively expressed his interest not to take on a formal leadership role - though he does *love* giving orders. I think our expectation of a guildleader is not so much on the part of organization / direction, but rather some one who is present, up to date, and can make things such as recruiting more straightforward.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I think Chust has actively expressed his interest not to take on a formal leadership role - though he does *love* giving orders. I think our expectation of a guildleader is not so much on the part of organization / direction, but rather some one who is present, up to date, and can make things such as recruiting more straightforward.

I agree, he loves telling you what to do ;)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Yeah I think StepUp is done.

Send Message
User Lists

Last Activity: Today 02:10 PM

yet no post to this thread

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Well it was suggested in game last night that I get leadership. I'll just say here what I said then.

While I have some experience with being involved in guild leadership (but never as actual leader) and raid lead experience.... right no I just don't have time to really be an active leader/organizer. If you guys are ok with that and still want me to do it, I will.

And I agree with s44/Chust's last post. We need to. Get more people to keep the guild alive. Like I said re: recruiting policies in the post he quoted, if you have friends playin or are making friends in game see if they want to join. Or even just if you're grouping with a player who seems decent and is unguilded, it doesn't hurt to see if they would fit in with us.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I'm also as useless as a balls on a cow as I haven't logged in for a few weeks do to work load. I would like to express that having a new guild master needs to some how translate into the empire side as well.

Ziggy, you looking for armor? Not sure what level you are, but I can craft up to 28 (heavy and med) I think if you know what you want.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I'm also as useless as a balls on a cow as I haven't logged in for a few weeks do to work load. I would like to express that having a new guild master needs to some how translate into the empire side as well.

Ziggy, you looking for armor? Not sure what level you are, but I can craft up to 28 (heavy and med) I think if you know what you want.

dear mother of god yes, level 28 Heavy armor chestplate (or equivelent) with +Aim and +Endurance is hard as hell to come by (i bet you could make a killing on the GTN)

Last edited:

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
As we get more and more active 50s (hope Toa doesn't vanish to wherever Chaptorial went when he dinged), I think it may be time to set a weekly "raid night". I was thinking Wednesdays, 7:30 or 8 ET. (And if you're wondering -- we are, in fact, seeing if Soa is bugfree tonight.)

This doesn't mean we'll *only* do ops on that night, but it's an easy way for folks who don't log on all the time to know when they can appear and participate in a group run. If the turnout doesn't quite fit one 8-man group we can and will invite non-guild friends, run a simultaneous hardmode FP, or -- and this may be a while -- run two ops or a 16-man.

Thoughts?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Vincent'vega will try to be on for the Soa run again tonight, however the goddamn patch messed up my install so now i'm re-downloading 18Gb of data...

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
As we get more and more active 50s (hope Toa doesn't vanish to wherever Chaptorial went when he dinged), I think it may be time to set a weekly "raid night". I was thinking Wednesdays, 7:30 or 8 ET. (And if you're wondering -- we are, in fact, seeing if Soa is bugfree tonight.)

This doesn't mean we'll *only* do ops on that night, but it's an easy way for folks who don't log on all the time to know when they can appear and participate in a group run. If the turnout doesn't quite fit one 8-man group we can and will invite non-guild friends, run a simultaneous hardmode FP, or -- and this may be a while -- run two ops or a 16-man.

Thoughts?

Hehe, not vanished. Just sometimes work gets busy, and I dont have as much time to play. currently in one of those modes. Usually lasts for a week or two. I'll be back on when it slows back down. And definately interested interested in raiding.

aphelion02

Dec 26, 2010
Stepup, could you please transfer guild leadership to Merad as you previously discussed in PMs? I believe this guild would really benefit from having a active guild master, and you haven't really played since the week after launch.