The **Official** SW: TOR Anandtech Guild (Roll Call, Allegiance, Class Etc)

StepUp

May 12, 2004
Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-logo.jpg

Mumble Server is up!!! 50 Slots!! Hide your kids, hide your wife.

Sodalitatem.Mumble.com Port: 4231 50 Slots!!!

Well guys, it's official!

After a week+ of discussion, the guild(s) will be coming alive over the next week or so.

There's a lot to cover, so I'll get right to it.

Server: Shii-Cho

Server Type: PvE

Server Location: East Coast (Virginia)

Member List

Republic: Sodalitatem

StepUp (Gianyi)
velillen (velilen)
Merad (Merad)
thepaqster (yme)
Dimmu (Sajaki)
blackdogdeek (Hiroki)
s44
mcvickj
KeithTalent
ns1
Wordplay (Ezekiel)
Aphelion02 (Xider)
JohnAn2112 (Candiria)

Empire: Sith Sodalitatem

The Boston Dangler = Grancoda (inquisitor)
Phobic9 = Voxx (bounty hunter)
Ns1 = ZiggyStardust (bounty hunter)
mcvickj = Fuzak (sith warrior)
Dahak = Dahak (sith warrior/juggernaut)
Paperfist = Krall (sith warrior)
McLovin = Nataliya (Bounty Hunter)

Please feel free to post your Character name. We had a similar list for BF3. Myself, I'll be rolling a Jedi Guardian as I plan to Tank and love close quarter combat.

*Mumble Server Interest*

Plenty of interest was expressed in having a mumble server for our guild. The idea of using the BF3 mumble server was proposed, however, JSchmuck informed me it was taken down due to inactivity. I am willing to put $20 a month toward a server, which gets us a 50 slot server. That should be more than adequate to begin, but I'd like to make sure the interest is there before I put money into the project, as I'm just another middle-class guy with a passion for gaming.

Also, we're going to need Leader for the Empire side(and I use the term "leader" lightly, as I prefer this to be as un-draconian as possible), but some one who's willing and capable to keep track of the members, make sure those that want in are invited, etc. etc. If you're interested please make yourself known.

I'll try to get a site up and running, but I'm in the middle of a pretty big project at work as well as preparing for the holidays so I can't make any guarantees on timetable. Nor is website development a huge strength of mine. Any help there would be appreciated. I can at least put a Wordpress style "blog" together to chronicle our achievements and eventual raiding (which I fully intend to do!)

I'm sure I'll add more to the thread as it comes to me.

So you may be wondering what gives me the credentials to "enlist" you to my/our cause, donate your hard-earned money, and other questions I may not have thought of?

Experience:

As a former WoW Player, I led a casual guild named Mad Respec in the Vanilla days of WoW. Upon reaching level 60, I merged our guild with a larger raiding guild that was looking for members (Ruthless Assassins). We raided 40 man all through Vanilla.

During TBC I continued to raid with this guild until they went inactive. I joined another guild whose name escapes me, but raided The Black Temple with them as a Holy Priest.

During WOTLK, I went very casual leveling, finally hitting 80 about 3 months after release. I reorganized old in game friends and formed Death Rattle, which raided all the way into Icecrown Citadel until mmo-burnout slowly destroyed the guild. I was raid leader and one of the main tanks throughout WOTLK.

I dabbled in City of Heroes and Anarchy Online a youngin, but have no end-game experience with either of those games.

I have been an active (ok, perhaps not that active, but never been a huge 'neffer', much more of a doer) since 2004, and lurked before then.

Outside of MMOs I was a pioneer of the eSport community for Starcraft: Broodwar. I would go so far as to say some of my ideas were too ambitious for eSports at that time. Under the handle jesuscraft, I successfully organized the American Invitation in 2006 (feel free to google it), an intercontinental tournament that featured 16 of the best players in North and South America. Upon its completion, I immediately began my next event, which was the WWPL (World Wide Pro League), an ambition 128 player pay to play league that was to feature both pro and amateur players from 5 continents. Upon announcement of the league, I was approached by mym, (Meet your makers) a Danish pro gaming news site that boasted 500,000 plus registered members and asked to be their tournament director, and to shift my WWPL to under their cloud of gaming, which included online poker, WC3, Countertrike, etc. It was unbelievable to me that a site of this magnitude approached me, and for the first few weeks things were going great. However, soon mym exerted more and more control over the directions that I was allowed to take, and soon my original idea had been neutered from an open, 8 week league to a 32 player ceded tournament. My disgust grew by the day, and I eventually withdrew my talent to focus on school and work, which occupied enough of my time as it was in hindsight.

With all that being said, I am looking forward to this venture and I hope all of you are too! It's not often a game with universal appeal and opportunity presents itself. Let's make the most of it!

Stuck

Anandtech Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Setting up the guild: we will need one full 4-man group to set up the guild. To do this, you have to reach the Fleet or capitol world and have 5k credits. The guild trainer will create the guild with the initial group as the starting members.

One person *can* set it up himself, with three dummy group members whom he proceeds to immediately kick from the guild. But it's probably easier for a full guild group to do it. Note you don't even have to be on the same planet to group, though by default /who will only show you people on your world.

I assume StepUp will be in charge of setting up the Republic guild, but somebody -- preferably a 7am entry person -- should take the job of setting up the Empire side. Easiest way to help them start -- have leaders post their main char name here so we can all send /t or friend requests?

Last edited:

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
dude, how many GB do I need to install?

I gotta setup an XP partition with this game ONLY - how many GB should I allocate?

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
I'll be on both sides, main focus on Sith side since I wanna see the IA story. On the Republic side I'll be a Consular healer.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006

I gotta setup an XP partition with this game ONLY - how many GB should I allocate?
Current install fits on 19, but I'd allocate at least 30 (which is what the game specs request/require).

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010

I'm sitting at 18.9GB installed but I remember reading that the initial download is ~23+GB

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I will be Merad on Republic.

Hopefully my invite will be coming this morning -pretty sure I pre-ordered day 1- but I can't play til after work.

I am not interest in being leader (don't have time even if I wanted to) but I don't mind helping in a leadership role... officer or what it's called in TOR.

Last edited:

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
I'm in. Shii-Cho is up, no problems.

Still no AA in the game options. :(

mephiston5

May 28, 2005
I'll play Empire, with an alt on Republic.

I will also contribute to the voice server.

Will post more later...early access has started for me.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
D'oh, my main is going to be Republic, not Empire. Never post right after you wake up....

No email yet.

StepUp

May 12, 2004
Thread updated... please post impressions of life on the server. No email yet. :(

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Only ~40 people on Tython. And I'm actually doing quest objectives with only maybe one other person nearby!

There were about 20+ when I first logged on. This is an easy trickle, or at least feels like it.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Made my character....just a note to just try logging in...i still havent got the email yet saying im in.

My in game name is Velillen )which is something we should share since user names here wont be ingame names lol)

But made it to level 3 in 10 minutes...not to bad of a start :) but now for work

As for a server...i say wait till we get a guild and tlak about it there.

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here.
:(

Ah well, have to head to work in 30 minutes anyway. Have fun fellas!

KT

mephiston5

May 28, 2005
By origin ID, you mean the login username to access the game? (I don't origin installed on my machine.)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'm off December 23rd - January 3rd. 8 days of work left this year.

Lucky! I should have planned my holiday season a little better. I'm working every day aside from the major stats. :|

KT

Edit: yeah, I do not have an Origin ID either I don't believe.

StepUp

May 12, 2004
Lucky! I should have planned my holiday season a little better. I'm working every day aside from the major stats. :|

KT

Edit: yeah, I do not have an Origin ID either I don't believe.

One of the few perks of working in the auto industry. These are simply non-production days. No vacation burned during that time, but full pay. I only have 10 days paid vacation, but have had nearly 8 weeks off this year.

Edit: And if I was a union employee instead of a salaried employee, I'd also be receiving a cool $6K bonus to top it off.

Last edited:

mephiston5

May 28, 2005
From what I understand, you need origin to play SW TOR the same way you need it to play BF3. Am I mistaken?

Nope, not required to play. I guess since we are paying a monthly fee, piracy is less of a concern. (Just double checked to make sure it was not installed.)