The Official Sony E3 2013 thread

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Did Sony ever announce the storage capacity of the ps4? I wonder if they will offer multiple SKU's / prices based on HDD capacity. Either way $399! I'm sold!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
So for that price no way it's bundled with the PS Eye. They didn't mention anything though.

They show something in the picture with a camera. They have also told developers they have to have the streaming to Vita feature unless they have integration with the camera.

I still think they are taking a substantial loss in hopes to make it up with huge sales of titles.

Oh, well. Guess I am spending less than $1000 in November. >_<

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
$100 less than the Xbone
No online requirement
No online DRM for disc-based games
Netflix is not behind a pay wall

I still probably won't get one because of the monthly cost for online games, but at least it only affects online gaming and not the other features of the console. I'm more open to that since I rarely play online anyway. What bothers me is how seemingly half the features of my 360 are restricted without a paid Gold account. MS should sneak media features out from behind the pay wall, but they won't.

I expect Sony to reclaim their #1 spot among consoles this gen.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
I figured it would be $399. What I didn't figure is the Xbone would be $100 more. No always online, used games, streaming PS3 library, and the games look sweet. I think Redmond just collectively shat their pants.

I really don't understand why though you would figure that it would be $399. The PS4 has more advanced hardware.

Sony did their press conference much better than MS. I'm seriously surprised by all aspects of this.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I can't believe they are giving Drive Club at launch for free to PS+ members too. Man, they did a great job. They addressed what I was concerned about and said what I wanted to hear.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I really don't understand why though you would figure that it would be $399. The PS4 has more advanced hardware.

Sony did their press conference much better than MS. I'm seriously surprised by all aspects of this.

The only thing more advanced is the memory which is GDDR5 instead of DDR3 backed with esRAM

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I can't believe they are giving Drive Club at launch for free to PS+ members too. Man, they did a great job. They addressed what I was concerned about and said what I wanted to hear.

From what they showed of Drive Club, it didn't look great. GT6 look better on PS3.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

i thought both would be 399 based off nothing but my knowledge of what i know people were willing to pay and what i thought would fly

i knew a 600$ console would not work this time without something like BR backing it.

i always assumed the 350-450 range depending on what it was bundled with

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Expect Xbox to make some large retractions. If sony is willing to take that much of a cut into profits, MS better be as well. Especially since Sony has more advanced hardware. Didn't expect Sony to go into this price war business with MS. Very surprised and a VERY bold move on their part.

We know that's a lie... they thought they could add $100 of value with that hardware. It obviously doesn't cost $100 to make. The Xbox has a cheaper APU, and cheaper ram, I'm sure the kinect costs as much as the savings from those two or even if it costs a little more they could simply eat the cost it's MS. They have the money to do so.

1) Microsoft added the Kinect to the Xbox One, increasing the price. The PS Move was not added to the PS4

2) Microsoft wanted to nickel and dime their customers more after charging for XBLive and found willing buyers. Buy acting as a middleman for used games, they sought to reap from the new taxation scheme. This is unheard of and is supposed to be a new revenue stream for Microsoft.

So, in the end, Microsoft gambled on two fronts and I think they will lose. No one cares about the Kinect accessory and this new business model is deeply unpopular.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
From what they showed of Drive Club, it didn't look great. GT6 look better on PS3.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of racing game it is going to be, but the fact that a launch title is going to be given out day 1 is a big deal imo

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I kind of wish Titanfall would be on ps4, but whatever, I'll play it on PC. Goodbye microsoft.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm not sure exactly what kind of racing game it is going to be, but the fact that a launch title is going to be given out day 1 is a big deal imo

It's a first person simulator where you join a race club with friends and challenge other clubs. You can setup races and challenges from yopur phone or tablet too and see who can beat your challenge.

24/7 365 from all over the world.

I have no clue if I'd like it, racing games aren't my thing any longer but... give it to me for using PSN+ and I'll definitely try it.

Last edited: