The Official Sony E3 2013 thread

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Sony could win next gen by simply walking on to the stage, showing a pic of someone's used game pile, stating "the used game model for ps4 will remain the same as ps3 today", drop the mic with a boom, and walk off stage.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
I just want to be wowed by Sony. There were a few cool things on the Xbox conference, but it wasn't as great as I had hoped. It seemed like they were all over the place, and they showed off a few games that aren't even exclusive, all while swearing they have 15 exclusives in the works. I said before the show that if they didn't show off a lot of exclusives, it was because they were kinect titles and knew the hardcore wouldn't be happy about it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
What Sony could do and win with their conference

Kaz walks in, says no DRM, announces date and price, drops the mic and walks out as the screens show pics of the console.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
What Sony could do and win with their conference

Kaz walks in, says no DRM, announces date and price, drops the mic and walks out as the screens show pics of the console.

hahaha that would be awesome.

but when he drops the mic and walks off, it has to make a loud thud as it hits the ground, then we have to get some high pitched speaker/mic distortion as he's walking out to a silent crowd.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

but when he drops the mic and walks off, it has to make a loud thud as it hits the ground, then we have to get some high pitched speaker/mic distortion as he's walking out to a silent crowd.

Krusty the Clown: Bada bing, bada boom. I'm done. Learn from the professionals, kid.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004

And then the projector comes on playing a KH3 trailer + others.

No greedy anti used policy and KH3 = sold day 0.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
i just hope i can preorder a ps4 on amazon tonight lol.

Me too...I can placeholder it there if I cannot get in at my buddy's Gamestop tomorrow.

Bank had my check on lock down for a waiting period and it is scheduled to clear tomorrow at 5PM. I still got bills so I can't go tossing money at everything until I get the full amount. What an inopportune time for that lol.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Me too...I can placeholder it there if I cannot get in at my buddy's Gamestop tomorrow.

Bank had my check on lock down for a waiting period and it is scheduled to clear tomorrow at 5PM. I still got bills so I can't go tossing money at everything until I get the full amount. What an inopportune time for that lol.

amazon doesn't take any money from you until it ships.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Sony PlayStation 4
The PS4 is focused on gamers, and on allowing
them to play when, where, and how they want.

Just noticed this on Gamestop, has that always been there ?

Please please turn this whole used game DRM thing on its head Sony, please.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
amazon doesn't take any money from you until it ships.

Exactly why I would do a placeholder there. Then I can cancel if I get in at gamestop. I like to support my friend's store. He always helps me out with special editions and stuff that may come in, calling me to ask if I am interested before he puts it out for general sale etc. SO I like to give him my business whenever I am able.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Exactly why I would do a placeholder there. Then I can cancel if I get in at gamestop. I like to support my friend's store. He always helps me out with special editions and stuff that may come in, calling me to ask if I am interested before he puts it out for general sale etc. SO I like to give him my business whenever I am able.

heh it's not like he is going to lose a sale if you don't buy it there. someone else will take the spot.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
heh it's not like he is going to lose a sale if you don't buy it there. someone else will take the spot.

I know, but I talked to him today and we're good friends so I kind of feel obligated. I'm sure he'll understand though.

I worked with his wife when I started out at gamestop before I moved up to my own store. So I know his family really well etc.

Still I can always reserve games with him.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
im not even sure you will have to preorder this or the PS4 to get one, i really dont think you will have issues like the PS2/3 launch of limited numbers.

gone are those days

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
im not even sure you will have to preorder this or the PS4 to get one, i really dont think you will have issues like the PS2/3 launch of limited numbers.

gone are those days

We shall see, but I still like to know that something I really want is held in my name.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
It's at 6pm PST. I'm outta here at 9pm EST so I may end up missing a big chunk of it driving home. Stoked to see some more of the games they demoed, and still a little worried they might pull an Xbone.