The Official Sony E3 2013 thread

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Right, but...I hope they don't try tricking people into buying characters for cheap which adds up to more than $60 lol

at least your true fanboy colors have come out. (again)

how is it "tricking" people if the full game is available at launch for $60?

and this goes back to my point, that it is amusing how you (and other fanboys) are using drive club as such a positive, and killer instinct as a negative.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...ecause-some-other-company-is-doing-something/

Some potential upsetting news for multiconsole users at the bottom of the article:

"PlayStation Plus accounts are now more portable, so you can sign in on any number of systems to take advantage of the online multiplayer functions. However, only one PS4 at a time can use a single paid account. People with two PS4s in a single household will have to double up on their subscriptions."

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

Cause look they offer two characters for $10 and people think "hey that's cool" then you can buy two more also $10...add it up and the whole roster is way expensive compared to buying it outright.

You don't think if they do it like this that they hope people buy characters separately?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...ecause-some-other-company-is-doing-something/

Some potential upsetting news for multiconsole users at the bottom of the article:

"PlayStation Plus accounts are now more portable, so you can sign in on any number of systems to take advantage of the online multiplayer functions. However, only one PS4 at a time can use a single paid account. People with two PS4s in a single household will have to double up on their subscriptions."

As far as I know on the xbox 360 you can only log into Gold on one system at a time. How is this different?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Cause look they offer two characters for $10 and people think "hey that's cool" then you can buy two more also $10...add it up and the whole roster is way expensive compared to buying it outright.

You don't think if they do it like this that they hope people buy characters separately?

oh cool so now you work for the company and know their business plan, awesome!

you act as if this is something new. what do you think all of these "game of the year" edition games that come out are? they are the full games + $30 worth of DLC for like $20.

should the people who paid $30 for all of the dlc as it was released cry about it?

you are trying SSSSSOOOOO hard to rip on microsoft it's pathetic. get the sony dick out of your ass.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
oh cool so now you work for the company and know their business plan, awesome!

you act as if this is something new. what do you think all of these "game of the year" edition games that come out are? they are the full games + $30 worth of DLC for like $20.

should the people who paid $30 for all of the dlc as it was released cry about it?

you are trying SSSSSOOOOO hard to rip on microsoft it's pathetic. get the sony dick out of your ass.

I didn't say that was the plan fuckwad. I said what if they did that. Can't you read?

God you're the biggest fucking idiot on these forums.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

and this goes back to my point, that it is amusing how you (and other fanboys) are using drive club as such a positive, and killer instinct as a negative.

You sure like to throw the term fanboy around when you painted yourself up as one for sure.

You are also the only person who keeps bring KI up at all. F2P have major stigma attach to them for valid reasons. Great KI is giving you the option to buy the game right up front, but their "F2P" version is a demo. If they wanted to truly make a decent F2P base they would give you a few different fighters with very different fighting styles to fight out which type would fit how you want to play the game.

Drive Club, sure you can boil it down to a glorified demo even if it offers half the tracks and cars next to the retail version, but at least they let you experience the differences more so and lets be frank here, you can judge a cars performance next to another one pretty accurately with some stats and know how it handles and performs. You can't do that with fighting styles with characters.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
oh, you mean just how killer instinct is?

You seriously can't truly believe that KI getting 1 character in a fighting game is a full fledged F2P game? I mean come on...we know you're sold on the Xbone, but don't kid yourself. I think it's cool they let you "demo" it, but F2P? That's a stretch. Hell even half the characters is more F2P than that.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Pre-ordered a PS4. I don't own a PS3. I am not sure I'll keep it; I have not committed to it over the XBone, but I have pre-ordered that. Honestly at this point $500 I just don't want to do. $400 is only a hundred bucks, but it's still 20% cheaper, plus it is a bit more powerful, and I am far more competent used games will work properly.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
As far as I know on the xbox 360 you can only log into Gold on one system at a time. How is this different?

It is different. The authentication for accessing digital content on the 360 is that you need to either be logged into the account that purchased it or the machine that it was purchased on. The authentication for accessing digital content on the PS3 is that you must be logged into a PS3 that has been activated by the purchasing account. This is limited to two activations. I know that the hard way because I have three PS3s. :\

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You sure like to throw the term fanboy around when you painted yourself up as one for sure.

You are also the only person who keeps bring KI up at all. F2P have major stigma attach to them for valid reasons. Great KI is giving you the option to buy the game right up front, but their "F2P" version is a demo. If they wanted to truly make a decent F2P base they would give you a few different fighters with very different fighting styles to fight out which type would fit how you want to play the game.

Drive Club, sure you can boil it down to a glorified demo even if it offers half the tracks and cars next to the retail version, but at least they let you experience the differences more so and lets be frank here, you can judge a cars performance next to another one pretty accurately with some stats and know how it handles and performs. You can't do that with fighting styles with characters.

how am i painting myself as a fanboy? because i speak logically? fanboys bash consoles with illogical reasoning and name call other people because they don't want the one system with them. i'm simply calling out the fanboys. i also haven't said anything bad about the ps4 or anything either, because you know, i like it and will probably get one (at launch is a question still, same as x1). as i've said dozens of times, i like all consoles because i like games on all of them.

as far as f2p, no matter how you all spin it, drive club is a free to play game. you get to play part of the game for free IF you are a ps+ subscriber and pay monthly to play online, and you can "upgrade" to the retail version by paying for things. call it a demo if you want, it's the same thing. i simply said it was amusing that the sony camp that is anti-ms has been painting killer instincts f2p aspect as a negative, but the f2p game on ps4 is a positive.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
how am i painting myself as a fanboy? because i speak logically? fanboys bash consoles with illogical reasoning and name call other people because they don't want the one system with them. i'm simply calling out the fanboys. i also haven't said anything bad about the ps4 or anything either, because you know, i like it and will probably get one (at launch is a question still, same as x1). as i've said dozens of times, i like all consoles because i like games on all of them.

as far as f2p, no matter how you all spin it, drive club is a free to play game. you get to play part of the game for free IF you are a ps+ subscriber and pay monthly to play online, and you can "upgrade" to the retail version by paying for things. call it a demo if you want, it's the same thing. i simply said it was amusing that the sony camp that is anti-ms has been painting killer instincts f2p aspect as a negative, but the f2p game on ps4 is a positive.

Demos are not free to play games. Stop making retarded comparisons.

The original story on KI was you bought character packs...nickle and dime method. The original story on drive club was you get part of the game for signing up for psn+ and they offer the full game separate.

Things may have changed or clarified whatever. You just seem really butthurt cause people don't like the way something sounds.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It is different. The authentication for accessing digital content on the 360 is that you need to either be logged into the account that purchased it or the machine that it was purchased on. The authentication for accessing digital content on the PS3 is that you must be logged into a PS3 that has been activated by the purchasing account. This is limited to two activations. I know that the hard way because I have three PS3s. :\

But I mean on the ps4....how is the "single psn+ account cannot log in on multiple ps4s at the same time" different than the 360

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Demos are not free to play games. Stop making retarded comparisons.

The original story on KI was you bought character packs...nickle and dime method. The original story on drive club was you get part of the game for signing up for psn+ and they offer the full game separate.

Things may have changed or clarified whatever. You just seem really butthurt cause people don't like the way something sounds.

Are you deliberately ignorant? You can do everything in the game except with one character. It's not any different than buying the entire game and only using Jago. It is not a demo.

If drive club is cutting out tracks and vehicles, it is more of a demo than KI is.

Of course, this is just from what we know "on paper".

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

On the 360, if you are playing a split screen game or something all players can log into their own gold account. It sounds as if you cannot do this on the PS4 for whatever reason.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
On the 360, if you are playing a split screen game or something all players can log into their own gold account. It sounds as if you cannot do this on the PS4 for whatever reason.

That isn't what was said. What they said is you cannot have 2 ps4 systems in the home and log into the same psn+ account on both.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Are you deliberately ignorant? You can do everything in the game except with one character. It's not any different than buying the entire game and only using Jago. It is not a demo.

If drive club is cutting out tracks and vehicles, it is more of a demo than KI is.

Of course, this is just from what we know "on paper".

So one character is the whole game now? Wtf

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004

I think this varies by game. Halo has been doing it right for the longest - only one person needs a gold account, and the rest can log in as guests, and you can play up to 4 players split screen online.

Call of Duty doesn't work that way though, at least it didn't the last time I tried. MW2's split screen mode was offline-only and didn't even support split screen with system link (something the original Halo from 2001 had). Your choices were split screen (up to 4 players) OR system link (1 player per console, up to 4 players). Black Ops finally allowed you to bring a guest online and play split screen online, but it was limited to just 2 players instead of 4 like every Halo game.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
So one character is the whole game now? Wtf

I would agree it's not the "whole game", but it isn't a demo either. It is very fair to call it F2P.

If the devs had stated they only designed it with one playable character (and no others were available), we'd just say well that's a dumb game. We wouldn't just call it a demo.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I would agree it's not the "whole game", but it isn't a demo either. It is very fair to call it F2P.

If the devs had stated they only designed it with one playable character (and no others were available), we'd just say well that's a dumb game. We wouldn't just call it a demo.

It's taking the term to the extreme then. It's not like there's a "game" in fighting other than fighting other characters. This isn't an RPG with 6 characters and you only get to use 3. This is a fighting game. It is pretty much a demo..no matter how you try to spin it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It's taking the term to the extreme then. It's not like there's a "game" in fighting other than fighting other characters. This isn't an RPG with 6 characters and you only get to use 3. This is a fighting game. It is pretty much a demo..no matter how you try to spin it.

how do you know that? have you played injustice or mortal kombat? they have very story driven single player games in them.

also killer instinct is going to have a very in depth training mode too that teaches you everything about the game. if anyone has played blaz blue, it's supposed to be along those lines.

go download the demo of darkstalkers. that is a demo of a fighting game.

so yeah, it's not a "demo" it has the full game content with access to 1 character to use. kinda like if you had an open world driving game with the full open world and 1 car.

again no matter how you all want to spin it, ki and driveclub are both free to play with the option to purchase the full game at once.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

No way. What's the goal of the game? If you can beat the purchased KI with just Jago, then it's not a demo.

I can't believe this is even a discussion... have you played ANY f2p games??