The Official Sony E3 2013 thread

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
Yeah, I'm just saying that because Sony didn't give us a month like Microsoft did. The point is that it will be released around the same time as the X1. Hell, I think it would be amusing -- and also complete and utter hell -- if both released on the same day!
Hoping its around the 20th

It's bigger, but it still has the joysticks in-line rather than in cross positions.
Welp hopefully some 3rd party company would make one similar to the xbox controller if this one still feels uncomfortable in the hand

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Sony said November at their reveal back in FEB. You just didn't see the box yet.

As for the controller, the sticks are spaced wider with more space between the right analog and the face buttons. More tension too.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
well all it says is that the "launch" edition is eligible for release-day delivery. that is the only difference. but it isn't automatically going to be at your doorstop that day, it's just eligible for that so you have to pay more for it.

i'd think the standard ones will still be arriving like the day after or so. here's the actual email...

sent at 3:08am est.

From what I know of amazon in the past, if you have prime you get on the same day local stores can sell it. Otherwise you have to select 2 day shipping or 1 day shipping to get it day one.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
Sony said November at their reveal back in FEB. You just didn't see the box yet.

As for the controller, the sticks are spaced wider with more space between the right analog and the face buttons. More tension too.

I like Cross sticks as they feel more comfortable on the thumbs then side by side

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I like Cross sticks as they feel more comfortable on the thumbs then side by side

I disagree because I find it faster to go from moving the right analog to the face buttons and back again on a ps3 controller than an Xbox controller.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Feels weird in the hand but maybe hat's what your use to

I use an Xbox 360 controller on PC and was a day one adopter of the original Xbox in 2001 and bought a 360 on launch day. Still, I prefer the proximity of the right analog to the face buttons on a ps3 controller.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
I prefer the 360 controller easily, but I don't hate the dual shock. I do always laugh when people say it is easier to use the 360 because of the stick placement, because I look at my hands and they are pretty similiar. I would think that setting them the same way on both sides of the controller wouldn't be something that should feel weird to me.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Xbox controller is garbage for fighting games. Pure absolute hot garbage.

any controller is garbage for fighters.

arcade stick ftw!

but i do agree that if i HAD to play on a controller, i probably would never play fighters on 360, strictly on ps3, even though ps3 controller sucks for fighters too.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Hmm I still need to figure out what game I want with the PS4. :$ I would really like to see a comparison with some of the third-party games like Assassin's Creed IV as I currently have it on pre-order at Gamestop, but I planned to change it to a next-gen console. I just have no idea which I would want it for as I've pre-ordered both! :(

Trying to figure this one out too. Watch Dogs is a must.. Driveclub will be free cause of PSN+.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
I tore some shit up in Street Fighter II Turbo on a SNES controller.

In fact I was so attuned with that controller I played worse on an arcade stick. I can move my thumb faster than I can move my entire fore arm 3 times the distance.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I tore some shit up in Street Fighter II Turbo on a SNES controller.

In fact I was so attuned with that controller I played worse on an arcade stick. I can move my thumb faster than I can move my entire fore arm 3 times the distance.

snes was definitely the best pad for fighters imo too. the genesis 6 button one was decent but their dpad was whack.

i remember how awesome the 3rd party ascii snes controllers were back in the day. by far the best 3rd party controllers ever.

gus6464

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2005
I will be getting Watch Dogs on launch and Drive Club but not only because it's free but it actually looks decent.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
I use an Xbox 360 controller on PC and was a day one adopter of the original Xbox in 2001 and bought a 360 on launch day. Still, I prefer the proximity of the right analog to the face buttons on a ps3 controller.

I also use a wired xbox 360 for PC and i got an Xbox in 2002 and an xbox 360 on launch day

Hopefully the new PS4 will be better

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
Another sweet kick in the pants, is if Sony released in October. I've read they aren't having yield issues like MS. Maybe they get a couple week lead time.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
snes was definitely the best pad for fighters imo too. the genesis 6 button one was decent but their dpad was whack.

i remember how awesome the 3rd party ascii snes controllers were back in the day. by far the best 3rd party controllers ever.
You probably would have loved the second generation Saturn gamepad. 6 face buttons like the Genesis 6 button pad, and the D-pad was vastly improved.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
Another sweet kick in the pants, is if Sony released in October. I've read they aren't having yield issues like MS. Maybe they get a couple week lead time.
I wonder if there is anything good about being the first out when it is only a month between, especially since by then all the day one releases will be bought up on both systems.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
I wonder if there is anything good about being the first out when it is only a month between, especially since by then all the day one releases will be bought up on both systems.

It would just be salting the bloody starfish at this point.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, I was looking at Amazon's page, and I was rather shocked when I saw "HDMI Cable" listed in the items included with the PS4. It seems so mundane, but they've never included HDMI cables before! :eek: :p

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
So, I was looking at Amazon's page, and I was rather shocked when I saw "HDMI Cable" listed in the items included with the PS4. It seems so mundane, but they've never included HDMI cables before! :eek: :p

It would be a pointless if they didn't considering most ppl have HD Tv's now

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Trying to figure this one out too. Watch Dogs is a must.. Driveclub will be free cause of PSN+.

I am kind of wondering what the difference between the free psn+ edition and the disk or digital download version. I remember it specifically called PSN+ edition or something.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

not really surprising. ps3 and 360 both include standard a/v cables. hdmi is the standard for ps4.

including the mic is nice though.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I am kind of wondering what the difference between the free psn+ edition and the disk or digital download version. I remember it specifically called PSN+ edition or something.

We'll have to wait for more details. Driveclub is something I'll be getting one way or another anyways.