***The Official Ron Paul Boston Teaparty MoneyBomb Thread***

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: Fox5
Too bad votes count more than dollars.

We'll see. If Ron Paul loses... I will move to Alaska. Seriously.

What's so bad about Alaska?
No sales tax. No income tax. Government runs a surplus. Free money every October. GW is making the winters almost tolerable. And RP probably has a real shot in that state. Seriously. So what gives? You make it sound like a bad place.

Nothing I live there already.:D Does rain 200 inches per year where I'm at though.:frown:

:laugh: @ Everyone who quoted you after this post.
I'm guessing you live in SE? Ketchikan? Juneau?

I'm in Anchorage right now. I spent 33 years split between Fairbanks and Anch. Came back for a bit to make some extra cash but I can't wait to get back to my beach. :D

(Oh yeah... I was serious about RP winning Alaska. If he only wins one... Alaska will be it.)

Ketchikan. Paul is going to win the primary I'm telling you. All that needs to happen is for people to vote. Remember that only 10% of people vote in the primaries. We also know that Paul supporters are 5x as likely to vote. If everyone does their part he will win this thing. Maybe when Paul take third in Iowa and first in New Hampshire you will come to believe.:)
Drudge just reported that Paul is at 11% in South Caroline & huck is at 24%. What percentage of hucks people do you think will make it to the polls? What percentage of Pauls people?

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
I'm donating on the 16th!

Government is our enemy, Bush proved this, the Democrats failing to get us out of Iraq proved this, and our illegal war which was started by our big government proved this.

Power back to the people, the way it was intended and not big corporations that run the two main political parties.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
for some reason i don't see this one breaking November 5th numbers. But a few million is a few million!

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: yobarman
for some reason i don't see this one breaking November 5th numbers. But a few million is a few million!

If the TeaParty.com subscriber numbers are anything to go by, it'll be about double November 5th's take.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fox5
Too bad votes count more than dollars.

We'll see. If Ron Paul loses... I will move to Alaska. Seriously.

What's so bad about Alaska?
No sales tax. No income tax. Government runs a surplus. Free money every October. GW is making the winters almost tolerable. And RP probably has a real shot in that state. Seriously. So what gives? You make it sound like a bad place.

Nothing I live there already.:D Does rain 200 inches per year where I'm at though.:frown:

:laugh: @ Everyone who quoted you after this post.
I'm guessing you live in SE? Ketchikan? Juneau?

I'm in Anchorage right now. I spent 33 years split between Fairbanks and Anch. Came back for a bit to make some extra cash but I can't wait to get back to my beach. :D

(Oh yeah... I was serious about RP winning Alaska. If he only wins one... Alaska will be it.)

Thanks for sharing. I now understand the retardedness of your posts. :p

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Drudge just reported that Paul is at 11% in South Caroline & huck is at 24%. What percentage of hucks people do you think will make it to the polls? What percentage of Pauls people?

That's what I'm hoping for. Those same people that show up en masse to straw polls and "stuff" the ballot for Paul where he wins at 50% or better? Those are all dedicated supporters who WILL vote in the primaries.

I myself am a precinct captain for my local caucus. You can be damn sure I'll be stumping for Paul around my neighborhood, finding other Paul supporters who will join me at the caucus so we can get strong Paul supporters to the national convention, which just so happens to be right here in St. Paul. :)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: BoberFett

That's what I'm hoping for. Those same people that show up en masse to straw polls and "stuff" the ballot for Paul where he wins at 50% or better? Those are all dedicated supporters who WILL vote in the primaries.

I myself am a precinct captain for my local caucus. You can be damn sure I'll be stumping for Paul around my neighborhood, finding other Paul supporters who will join me at the caucus so we can get strong Paul supporters to the national convention, which just so happens to be right here in St. Paul. :)

This is all well and good as long as Paul runs as a 3rd party.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why would you WANT him to run 3rd party? I think he should blow every penny he takes in on blanketing the media with ads before the primaries. If he can't get the Republican nomination he won't stand a chance in the nationals as a 3rd party.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

How do you figure? I thought you guys would have passed those marijuana resolutions but that was an epic fail.

Alaska let me down bigtime, you need to start importing more anti government types with land giveaways.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Why would you WANT him to run 3rd party?

Because he's not going to get the nomination.

I think he should blow every penny he takes in on blanketing the media with ads before the primaries.

Sure, he'll try his best.

But even if he ends up leading the polls, which I doubt will happen, I don't think they'd give it to him anyway.

If he can't get the Republican nomination he won't stand a chance in the nationals as a 3rd party.

Probably true. But, he could get a lot votes outside the Republican party. Not just a few from the Dem's, but many from Independants.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So, IF your beloved Dr. Paul doesn't do well...and isn't the Republican candidate...then what?

Are you still going to throw your support behind him as an independent? Are you still going to spam these forums with repeated threads about Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD
So, IF your beloved Dr. Paul doesn't do well...and isn't the Republican candidate...then what?

Then I can say I tried. I threw my support behind Paul, instead of someone who either will further bankrupt our country, take away more rights, make healthcare worse, or will continue a failed, and dangerous foreign policy. Or, all of the above.

Are you still going to throw your support behind him as an independent?

Absolutely.

Are you still going to spam these forums with repeated threads about Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul?

I don't think I have started a single Ron Paul thread. But perhaps, I may.

However, I don't think the movement itself will end, it may ultimately get bigger. That depends on many factors. It's not just about people who wear the tinfoil hats, it's about people sick and tired of the government, and the manner in which it works. The movement could shrink into an almost non-extistence, or end up being the beginning of another American revolution. Most likely, it'll be somewhere in the middle of two.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
Why would you WANT him to run 3rd party?

Because he's not going to get the nomination.

I think he should blow every penny he takes in on blanketing the media with ads before the primaries.

Sure, he'll try his best.

But even if he ends up leading the polls, which I doubt will happen, I don't think they'd give it to him anyway.

If he can't get the Republican nomination he won't stand a chance in the nationals as a 3rd party.

Probably true. But, he could get a lot votes outside the Republican party. Not just a few from the Dem's, but many from Independants.

Be realistic. He would not be able to pull enough votes as a third party candidate in the general election. He either needs to win the Republican nomination or he needs to concede and keep spreading his message preparing for 2012.

I think he certainly has a shot at winning the nomination if his supporters can stay organized and focused during the primaries. That's his best hope.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD

Are you still going to throw your support behind him as an independent? Are you still going to spam these forums with repeated threads about Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul?

As long as Paul is in the running we will support him. What the heck does the party he's running under have to do with anything? People with a brain support a person. Zombies support the party. Parties are poison to the thinking mind. When the Republican party strays from it's roots thinking people will stray from the party. As a Christian I simply cannot support candidates who appose Christian morals. That is every candidate with the exception of Ron Paul.

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I've historically been a republican, but I was convinced that I would be voting democrat this election until I started hearing about Ron Paul. If he would have been a democrat instead of a republican, my support would be the same. I also support Kucinich. Both individuals would make outstanding presidents IMO.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Can't wait for tonight. There's a bar owner in Minneapolis who is a big time Paul backer and he's throwing a Tea Party tonight. Starting at midnight, there will be people with laptops and we're gonna being the money bomb in a big way!

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Word is that the campaign has made/is producing a 30 second ad and if we surpass a certain $$ tonight/tomorrow the campaign will go national with this ad. This one will be unique not only because it will be national but because it is a large production. As far as I know no other republican candidate has run a national ad as of yet.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
So now what I am hearing is that the RP campaign is likely to spend $10 million on this ad nationally.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
So now what I am hearing is that the RP campaign is likely to spend $10 million on this ad nationally.

:Q

That was my first response. That's a lot of money and sounds very unlike the frugal Paul campaign. Details are still sketchy however. Will have to wait and see.