***The Official Ron Paul Boston Teaparty MoneyBomb Thread***

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Ron Paul Raises $6 Million in One Day
-Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee Jesse Benton, 703-248-9115

Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign had a record fundraising day yesterday.

In a 24-hour period on December 16, the campaign raised $6.026 million dollars, surpassing the one-day record of $5.7 million held by John Kerry.

During the day, over 58,000 people contributed to Dr. Paul's campaign, including 24,940
first-time donors. Over 118,000 Americans have donated to the campaign in the fourth quarter.

The $6 million one-day total means the campaign has raised over $18 million this quarter, far exceeding its goal of $12 million.

"We have the right message: freedom, peace and prosperity," said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "We also have the right candidate: Dr. Ron Paul."

Congressman Paul will be campaigning in Iowa today hold including a press conference at 12:45 pm at the Des Moines Marriott in the Des Moines Room.

Candidate Has Most Successful Fundraising Day in American
Political History

source: http://www.pr-inside.com/ron-paul-ra...in-r350880.htm

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was all ready to donate until I got to the eligibility step. I've never made a political contribution before and am unsure if my employment for a defense contractor makes me ineligible.

If someone knows where to find more info on this I would really appreciate a link.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
Paul has said that things like federal loans are way, way, WAY down on his priority list.

The amount of money we would save by changing foreign policy dwarfs everything else. That is his priority. Bring our troops home from the 800 bases and 70+ countries they currently occupy overseas, and we will save at least $500 billion a year. That is enough to pay down the debt AND provide a huge tax cut for all Americans.

By the way, the total for today was 6.4 MILLION $$

Wowza! :shocked:
Did you pull that number out of your ass?

We barely spend $500 billion a year on defense. How is just bringing the troops home going to save us more than our total defense budget? :roll:

We spend over 600 billion, not including Iraq

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: hscorpio
I was all ready to donate until I got to the eligibility step. I've never made a political contribution before and am unsure if my employment for a defense contractor makes me ineligible.

If someone knows where to find more info on this I would really appreciate a link.

Why would it? Even military personal has the right to donate.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Against Medicare? Check
Against Social Security? Check
Against the Civil War? Check
No chance at winning? Check!

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404

Why would it? Even military personal has the right to donate.

I don't know, it sure as hell shouldn't but I don't know about these stupid campaign finance laws. This is all very new to me and I'm just unsure since my employer is a big federal government contractor.

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by: ranmaniac

http://www.fec.gov/pages/broch...Government_Contractors

Thank you very much! I'm off to donate to Paul!

Government Contractors

Contributions from federal government contractors are prohibited. The prohibition applies to contributions from the personal or business funds of individuals or sole proprietors who have entered into a contract with the federal government. It does not apply, however, to personal contributions by employees, partners, shareholders or officers of businesses with government contracts; nor does it apply to separate segregated funds established by corporations or labor organizations with government contracts. 11 CFR Part 115.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Hacp
Against Medicare? Check
Against Social Security? Check
Against the Civil War? Check
No chance at winning? Check!

You have a little time left to be in denial. :D

Hey guys just a little more and Paul will beat Mitt Romneys funding last quarter of $18,396,719. That is including the 7 million he loaned himself.

Also Paul is front page Politico this morning.

http://www.politico.com/

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
Originally posted by: Obsoleet

I love his message of limited government, leaving social issues to the states to decide!

So, you are saying you like segregation then? Because that was a state right. How about Lawrence v. Texas, is it right for states to legislate on sexuality. If so, what is wrong with you?

Ron Paul's vision of "limited government" would still have a Federal Supreme Court, since it was provided for in the constitution.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...usa_politics_paul_dc_1

Ron Paul White House bid raises $4.5 million

who has clashed with his rivals over Iraq, raised a record $4.5 million in a one-day Internet fund-raising event on Sunday, his campaign said in a statement.

Paul's campaign said the Texas congressman had received more than 41,000 donations by early evening, shattering a $4.2 million record in a 24-hour period last month.

So far, the campaign has taken in over $16 million in the fourth quarter with two weeks remaining, the statement said.

Which number is accurate? Is the media deflating the actual number in an attempt to minimize RP's impact, or is the RP crew inflating the number to try to maximize his impact?

We'll have to wait and see...

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...usa_politics_paul_dc_1

Ron Paul White House bid raises $4.5 million

who has clashed with his rivals over Iraq, raised a record $4.5 million in a one-day Internet fund-raising event on Sunday, his campaign said in a statement.

Paul's campaign said the Texas congressman had received more than 41,000 donations by early evening, shattering a $4.2 million record in a 24-hour period last month.

So far, the campaign has taken in over $16 million in the fourth quarter with two weeks remaining, the statement said.

Which number is accurate? Is the media deflating the actual number in an attempt to minimize RP's impact, or is the RP crew inflating the number to try to maximize his impact?

We'll have to wait and see...

The story was reported at 10:20 pm EST, and likely was likely finished before that time. I'd say both of these numbers are accurate.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ebaycj

I love his message of limited government, leaving social issues to the states to decide!

So, you are saying you like segregation then? Because that was a state right. How about Lawrence v. Texas, is it right for states to legislate on sexuality. If so, what is wrong with you?

Ron Paul's vision of "limited government" would still have a Federal Supreme Court, since it was provided for in the constitution.

Trying to talk sense into citizencain is like pulling out teeth with a string around your tooth and the other end around a doorknob

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: ebaycj

Trying to talk sense into citizencain is like pulling out teeth with a string around your tooth and the other end around a doorknob

Thanks :cool: I'll keep that in mind when dealing with him in the future.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Regretfully, this thread has been locked due to excessive trolling.

The trolling is not just by the anti-RP crown but personal issues, etc.

For the Ron Paul supporters, you have my apologies for the Moderators not catching this trolling early on and potentially nipping this in the bud.

Please feel free to start another thread regarding the Fund raising effort that will be closely monitored for behavioral issues.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy