~~~The Official Iowa Caucus discussion Thread~~~

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Ldir
Originally posted by: lozina
Originally posted by: Pabster
This thread is full of angry, bitter, beaten Paul bots.

Your fairy has turned to dust. Get over it.

I dont see any anger by Ron Paul supporters. There does however seem to be alot of anger that Ron Paul has gotten as many votes as he has...

I for one am extremely happy with Ron Paul's success in Iowa.

Yah, I see neocons angry that many Republicans are rejecting their war mongering in favor of a real conservative. They are scared their fascist ship is sinking.

It does not matter. Obama is going to be our next president! Way to go Iowa!

Basically, yes, you're exactly right.

The Republicans' support has dropped, dramatically. And basically because of a failed, dangerous, and expensive foreign policy.

Paul represents the truth of this. He is, in their eyes, hurting the Republican party. The Democrats are a shoe-in for '08, as the Republican party has broken up in smaller pieces.

What a different world this would be if that idiot didn't invade Iraq. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Confusednewbie1552
Let's hope your right...

But for curiosity's sake, if Paul did poorly in New Hampshire what does this mean for his campaign? He has all those millions of dollars and it'll seem like such a waste if hes finished so soon.

Big trouble. He absolutely must take 2nd in New Hampshire. Paul will be going through super Tuesday regardless of placement. Maybe even to the end. What's at stake here is more than the millions of dollars his supporters have given him.
I believe he can take first in NH. NH is filled with liberal libertarians. That means they know who Paul is.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Drakkon
Sorry paul fans but this is just too funny : http://iowowned.ytmnd.com/

:D

Is it such a surprise though?

The American people demand change and they hate the status quo. But when offered something different, they'll cheer it's defeat.

These are the same constituents who elected Bush, twice. ;)

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: alchemize
And I don't quite understand your criticism of libertarianism. Name one libertarian country which is horrible in practice.......

Somalia?

Case in point. There are no libertarian countries. The closest you've gotten is anarchy.

The United States constitution tried to ensure that we were a Union of States, free and at liberty to rule ourselves within our state's dominion with the certain protections and benefits a Union can provide without it having dominion over us.

That was libertarian in my sense of it. That is what must be restored.

Its too bad a lot of states had to go and do things like enact Jim Crow laws or sundown laws. Or try to enact laws which disenfranchise groups of people.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: alchemize
And I don't quite understand your criticism of libertarianism. Name one libertarian country which is horrible in practice.......

Somalia?

Case in point. There are no libertarian countries. The closest you've gotten is anarchy.

The United States constitution tried to ensure that we were a Union of States, free and at liberty to rule ourselves within our state's dominion with the certain protections and benefits a Union can provide without it having dominion over us.

That was libertarian in my sense of it. That is what must be restored.

Its too bad a lot of states had to go and do things like enact Jim Crow laws or sundown laws. Or try to enact laws which disenfranchise groups of people.

Good point! Now we no longer have to worry about Jim Crow laws. Instead of each state having to deal with racial issues themselves, we just let the feds pass laws to keep black people in prison in ALL states through the War on Drugs. It's far more efficient. See everyone, the federal government saves us money!

Not to mention the oppression of other nations the US does militarily. Are you saying that invading and occupying Iraq is a good trade off to remove Jim Crow laws, which likely would have changed over time anyway? The states gave us Jim Crow. The feds give us massive taxation, Iraq war, DHS, NSA, CIA, War on Drugs, the list goes on. I'm not really sure it was a good trade.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre
This is why more active military give more donations to Paul than any other candidate.

You're a broken record.

I believe you've posted that same talking point in each thread that mentions Ron Paul around here. Are you a paid operative?

Now this is comedy at it`s best!!

You are exactly correct Pabster!!'

We both knew these people would be crying after the IOWA caucus was over with!

What`s interesting is I would have to agree that Bamacre is on somebodys payroll!!

Too bad all the kid`s on the internet wgho made contributions with there allowance money could not vote!!

I have a new name for Bamacre we will call him Broken Record...wawawa.....

It`s just unbelievable the SPIN that some rabid Ron what`s his name supporters put on the results of the IOWA caucus!!

Peace and Happy New years to you Pabster!!

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
As a Ron Paul fan, I'm disappointed that he didn't get more votes in Iowa, but I'm VERY happy Obama took top spot. I would vote for him in a heartbeat over any non-RP GOP candidate.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RaiderJ
As a Ron Paul fan, I'm disappointed that he didn't get more votes in Iowa, but I'm VERY happy Obama took top spot. I would vote for him in a heartbeat over any non-RP GOP candidate.

Ditto

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
This is why more active military give more donations to Paul than any other candidate.

You're a broken record.

I believe you've posted that same talking point in each thread that mentions Ron Paul around here. Are you a paid operative?

Now this is comedy at it`s best!!

You are exactly correct Pabster!!'

We both knew these people would be crying after the IOWA caucus was over with!

What`s interesting is I would have to agree that Bamacre is on somebodys payroll!!

Too bad all the kid`s on the internet wgho made contributions with there allowance money could not vote!!

I have a new name for Bamacre we will call him Broken Record...wawawa.....

It`s just unbelievable the SPIN that some rabid Ron what`s his name supporters put on the results of the IOWA caucus!!

Peace and Happy New years to you Pabster!!

Isn't it your nap time, little boy?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk
HAHAHA!
http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ite_weak_campaign.html

Giuliani on losing to Ron Paul in Iowa:

"None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried," Giuliani said.

No it's not an excerpt from the Onion.

Is it any surprise he stuck a "9/11" in there?

In other news, when asked what he had for breakfest this morning, Rudy responded with, "Well, on Sept 11th, I had a cheese omelet. This morning I had some cereal."

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

I am not on anyone's payroll. In fact, I am self-employed.

Talk about tinfoil. :roll:

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007

QFT

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: sirjonk
HAHAHA!
http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ite_weak_campaign.html

Giuliani on losing to Ron Paul in Iowa:

"None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried," Giuliani said.

No it's not an excerpt from the Onion.

Is it any surprise he stuck a "9/11" in there?

In other news, when asked what he had for breakfest this morning, Rudy responded with, "Well, on Sept 11th, I had a cheese omelet. This morning I had some cereal."

I hate that Rudy is waiting till Florida; I really wish he would have participated early and gotten beat. I look forward to the end of his campaign about as much as I look forward to Hillary's.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: GenHoth

QFT

I'm still terrified its going to come down to the classic douchebag versus turd fight in the end: Ghouliani versus Billary.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

Clearly this means that you literally are Ron Paul. :p

I'm glad to see Obama triumph thus far. Hope it keeps rolling.

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: yllus

Clearly this means that you literally are Ron Paul. :p

I'm glad to see Obama triumph thus far. Hope it keeps rolling.

yes... I'm glad to hear obama won iowa, and I hope he takes NH and wyoming as well.

Personally he's the best "democratic frontrunner" imo, as I don't trust hillary and edwards just comes off really wrong.

I'm still rooting for paul though.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
And now it's time for another episode of "Poltical Stereotypes!!!"

Black Guys: Your only voting for Obama because he's black.

Women: Your only voting for Hillary because she has boobs.

Geeks: Your only voting for Ron Paul because he's the Jesus of the internet.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I thought Obama's speech was absolutely fantastic. Whether he can really deliver is another matter entirely.

But it's fun to see all the lib sites bashing him now trying to keep Clinton at the forefront.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: ayabe
I thought Obama's speech was absolutely fantastic. Whether he can really deliver is another matter entirely.

But it's fun to see all the lib sites bashing him now trying to keep Clinton at the forefront.

I have to admit I also liked Obama's speech. It's was soo full of emotion.

If Ron Paul doesn't win it, I'll be just as happy with Obama.