The official consequences caused by the overturning of Roe thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Questionable legal judgement in AZ. What the state legislature has done for the last 120 years is immaterial in judge’s ruling.

Reactions: Leeea

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Questionable legal judgement in AZ. What the state legislature has done for the last 120 years is immaterial in judge’s ruling.

I disagree. If a law was ruled unconstitutional because of roe, then the law becomes constitutional when roe is overturned. I say let the voters put it on the ballot, I’m guessing the pro choice side will have more voters;)

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
How many times have I said Republicans are cool with crime as long as the perps look like them.
Mike Lee: It's 'overreach' to arrest anti-abortion activist for assaulting elderly man twice (msn.com)

Yeah, seems it's always "overreach" when it's one of their own being held to account. Anyone else, and it's just the right amount of reach, if not underreach.

(Heh, Even this spell checker is biased - it doesn't mind overreach but denies there's any such word as underreach!)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, seems it's always "overreach" when it's one of their own being held to account. Anyone else, and it's just the right amount of reach, if not underreach.

(Heh, Even this spell checker is biased - it doesn't mind overreach but denies there's any such word as underreach!)
I mean currently they are claiming that attempts to prosecute 1/6 insurrectionists is political persecution of conservatives.

That's right, it's not fair to imprison people for attempting to overthrow the government and kill our elected leaders if the people doing it are right wing.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
[/QUOTE]
Try underhanded.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is a prime example right wingers want to dictate choices for others until it bites them in the ass…

I’ve never felt more betrayed by a place I was once so proud to be from,” DeSpain said in an interview with the network.

lol, what a dumb bitch. She voted for it. She betrayed herself. Even if she abandoned her anti-abortion stance 6 years ago because of her first life-threatening miscarriage, you know she fucking kept voting for GOP anyway.

She did it to herself.

And you know she'll keep voting for the ghouls. It won't change with such people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Come on Dems. Grow a pair
giphy.gif

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Many moons ago, one of my college professors said that everyone wants to live in Slave Society, but no one wants to be a Slave.

He was partly right. Only the vicious want to impose Slavery on others.

And these Abortion bans are a facet of the human control that comprises Slavery. Guess there's a need for more of what Texas history books label "Guest Workers."

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I can only believe that the republican politician's reaction to the Roe-v-Wade decision can only hurt them in the November election.

If not, what the fuck is wrong with the people of this country, both women and anyone that doesn't adhere to the holy* book view that women are subservient to men.

* christians don't have a monopoly on religious based misogyny, they are just the largest group in this country that base everything on the ignorance of ancient goat herders that didn't know where the sun went at night.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Seems like a two-tier health care system is inevitable. Certain treatments won't be accessible if you are a female of child-bearing age.

TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - A 14-year-old Tucson girl was denied a refill of a life-saving prescription drug she had been taking for years just two days after Arizona’s new abortion law had taken effect.

14 year old Emma Thompson has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis which has kept her in and out of the hospital for most of her life. She relies on methotrexate to help tame the effects of the disease.

But methotrexate can also be used to end ectopic pregnancies, to induce an abortion and that’s where the problem arises.

“As a mother who has had to deal with my child being very ill most of her life, I was scared, I was really worried,” said her mother Kaitlin Preble. “I was shaking. I was in tears. I didn’t know what to do.”

The young girl’s physician, Dr. Deborah Jane Power said “this was the first pediatric patient that had been denied her medication.”

She admits she was angry which spilled over into a Twitter post where she said “welcome to Arizona, she was denied because she’s female” and she said she was “livid.”