The "N" word

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

This link shows that IQ breeds wealth, not the other way around.

In the < two minutes it took you to respond perhaps you should have read:

The authors believe that average IQ difference between nations are due to both genetic and environmental factors. They also believe that low GDP can cause low IQ, just as low IQ can cause low GDP.

None of this, or any of your points, have anything to do with the original facts you called stupid or the matter at hand, genetic diversity and potential. Go away troll....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
You need proof that Africa holds more genetic diversity than America? You need proof that more genetic diversity holds more evolutionary potential? I already posted that information, TWICE.

You are the only one talking about IQ, it started with your "facts are stupid" observation, it was not ever part of the discussion.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Alistar7
You need proof that Africa holds more genetic diversity than America? You need proof that more genetic diversity holds more evolutionary potential? I already posted that information, TWICE.

You are the only one talking about IQ, it started with your "facts are stupid" observation, it was not ever part of the discussion.

I already asked you, point blank in fact, to explain yourself here. I knew you'd try to dodge it:

Please explain to this forum how education will change your IQ. I would like you to address this point now, please don't dodge it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ

Environmental factors play a role in determining IQ. Proper childhood nutrition appears critical for cognitive development; malnutrition can lower IQ. Other research indicates environmental factors such as prenatal exposure to toxins, duration of breastfeeding, and micronutrient deficiency can affect IQ.

It is well known that it is possible to increase one's IQ score by training, for example by regularly playing puzzle games, or strategy games like Chess. Musical training in childhood also increases IQ.[19] Recent studies have shown that training in using one's working memory may increase IQ.[20]

Several factors can lead to significant cognitive impairment, particularly if they occur during pregnancy and childhood when the brain is growing and the blood-brain barrier is less effective.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

This link shows that IQ breeds wealth, not the other way around.

In the < two minutes it took you to respond perhaps you should have read:

The authors believe that average IQ difference between nations are due to both genetic and environmental factors. They also believe that low GDP can cause low IQ, just as low IQ can cause low GDP.

None of this, or any of your points, have anything to do with the original facts you called stupid or the matter at hand, genetic diversity and potential. Go away troll....

North Korea and China have relatively low GDPs, yet their IQs are fairly high.

Also, I told you to explain yourself in my other post. I'm not letting this one slide.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
http://www.icherney.com/Teachi...apers/Nicole_Dulle.doc

Does Heritability or the Environment Influence IQ More?

The investigation into the influencing factors on IQ has led to one of the most controversial topics in intelligence: the question of whether heritability or the environment affects intelligence. Currently, there is evidence to support both the presence of genetic and environmental influences on intelligence. This dual evidence, however, leads to the question of which factor, heritability or the environment, is a greater influence on intelligence. To discover this, psychologists must learn the extent to which each factor affects intelligence. Ultimately, while studies indicate that both heritability and the environment play a role in the formation of intelligence, conflicting studies and ideas render it nearly impossible to discover the extent to which each factor influences intelligence.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

Environmental factors play a role in determining IQ. Proper childhood nutrition appears critical for cognitive development; malnutrition can lower IQ. Other research indicates environmental factors such as prenatal exposure to toxins, duration of breastfeeding, and micronutrient deficiency can affect IQ.

It is well known that it is possible to increase one's IQ score by training, for example by regularly playing puzzle games, or strategy games like Chess. Musical training in childhood also increases IQ.[19] Recent studies have shown that training in using one's working memory may increase IQ.[20]

Several factors can lead to significant cognitive impairment, particularly if they occur during pregnancy and childhood when the brain is growing and the blood-brain barrier is less effective.

A lame Wikipedia reference.

Go home, noob. You're lame. You're another limpwristed keyboard warrior hiding behind a monitor.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Your questions were answered before you stumbled into this post and declared said (twice posted) facts "stupid". It is not my fault your comprehension levels are apparently low.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
My point, from the beginning, was that there is more genetic diversity, and therefore more potential, in Africa. What fucking part of that didn't you understand?

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Your questions were answered before you stumbled into this post and declared said (twice posted) facts "stupid". It is not my fault your comprehension levels are apparently low.

You're the moron who came into the thread proclaiming the superiority of Africans.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

A lame Wikipedia reference.

Go home, noob. You're lame. You're another limpwristed keyboard warrior hiding behind a monitor.

LOL, go find some more facts to call stupid :cookie:

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
My point, from the beginning, was that there is more genetic diversity, and therefore more potential, in Africa. What fucking part of that didn't you understand?

It's nice to see that you're resorting to profanity but your message is already clear- you're a moron.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

You're the moron who came into the thread proclaiming the superiority of Africans.

I didn't claim anything. I pointed out the FACT that the greatest genetic diversity, and greatest evolutionary potential, is in Africa.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

It's nice to see that you're resorting to profanity but your message is already clear- you're a moron.

Sorry your ignorance is annoying, BTW I waited until you stooped, for the 2nd time, to a personal level before I stopped holding my tongue.

YOU came into this thread stating my comments were stupid, not knowing they were in fact true, who looks like the moron?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Too many tards, need genetic testing at birth so everyone understands we all come from common stock.

The most pure gene pool left is most likely found on the continent of Africa. That means more variables and possibilities, the greatest potential of human evolution. Americans are truly the mutts of the world, with the most common and limited genetic potential.

That's a factual comment.

Fixed/

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: Aimster
Yet the N word will get you fired from your job and banned on Internet forums.
Calling someone a redneck will be ignored.
How many whites were captured, sold as slaves, and lynched?

Yeah.... KINDA a little bit of difference in history there

how many blacks still living have been affected by this? also, how many black people did, and still do, enslave/hang/discriminate against their own? go shove that up your righteous ignorant ass.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Originally posted by: markgm
I use it to describe any ignorant piece of sh1t when I am angry regardless of skin tone and heritage.

Mirror mirror on the wall...

I'll give you an example....if you invite someone into your home and they steal something. They would be considered the N word.

I would consider them a thief.

O/P go find the classiest, most educated, "no so bottom of the barrel" African American and call them a n***** to their face. If you get away with only appearing extremely ignorant consider yourself lucky.

nah a thief is too good. A thief can be someone that robs a bank or something like that. But to steal from someone you know a friend even who invites you into there home is a different type of POS human being.

you seem to be a different type POS human being

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

YOU came into this thread stating my comments were stupid, not realizing they were in fact true, who looks like the moron?

Your comments were stupid. This is a thread about the "N" word. Read the title.

Maybe in a thread about NASCAR you can preach on about the diversity of the Galapagos ecosystem.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

YOU came into this thread stating my comments were stupid, not realizing they were in fact true, who looks like the moron?

Maybe in a thread about NASCAR you can preach on about the diversity of the Galapagos ecosystem.

Facts are stupid again, FTW. :cookie:

I lived in South Carolina at one point, haven't changed my profile since I moved back home to the North. Go fast, turn left, not for me. Nice ASSumptions on your part, and what insight did you hope to gain by checking my location? LMAO

I addressed the O/P subject matter, this plays into that issue. If people had a better understanding of genetics, especially their own, there would be far less prejudice based on racial "differences".

There is however, no hope for you.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

Facts are stupid again, FTW.

I addressed the O/P subject matter, this plays into that issue. If people had a better understanding of genetics, especially their own, there would be far less prejudice based on racial "differences".

Facts aren't stupid, stupid people misinterpreting facts are stupid.

Who needs geneticists when we have school kids posting on the internet?

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
I see that the schoolkid has now resorted to harassing me via PM

Alistar7: "LMAO you just made yourself look like an idiot, thanks for the laughs."

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Facts are stupid again, FTW.

Facts aren't stupid, stupid people misinterpreting facts are stupid.

Who needs geneticists when we have school kids posting on the internet?

Know thyself....

You STILL don't get it, and never will.....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I see that the schoolkid has now resorted to harassing me via PM

Alistar7: "LMAO you just made yourself look like an idiot, thanks for the laughs."

Yes thank you, keep it coming.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Too many tards, need genetic testing at birth so everyone understands we all come from common stock.

The most pure gene pool left is most likely found on the continent of Africa. That means more variables and possibilities, the greatest potential of human evolution. Americans are truly the mutts of the world, with the most common and limited genetic potential.

That's a stupid comment.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...99/01/990125073157.htm

Genetic diversity in Africa is extremely high, even between closely related or located groups and much higher than diversity in other human populations.

http://www.umich.edu/news/inde...ses/2005/Oct05/r101805

The genetic diversity of populations was found to be greatest in Africa and least in the Americas.

Facts aren't stupid, stupid people misinterpreting facts are stupid