The "N" word

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Old enough to know how genetics and evolution work. Old enough not to dispute accepted scientific fact or dismiss it as a "stupid comment", and wise enough to recognize the difference.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
Too many tards, need genetic testing at birth so everyone understands we all come from common stock.

The most pure gene pool left is most likely found on the continent of Africa. That means more variables and possibilities, the greatest potential of human evolution. Americans are truly the mutts of the world, with the most common and limited genetic potential.

That's a stupid comment.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...99/01/990125073157.htm

Genetic diversity in Africa is extremely high, even between closely related or located groups and much higher than diversity in other human populations.

http://www.umich.edu/news/inde...ses/2005/Oct05/r101805

The genetic diversity of populations was found to be greatest in Africa and least in the Americas.

Facts aren't stupid, stupid people misinterpreting facts are stupid

Who cares about the genetic diversity in Africa? You're here trying to push the point that they're the most diverse, and I'm just stating that they're sitting on the dirt, using bowls made of dung and eating bugs. I still believe that you're an idiot, regardless of the amount of genetic diversity in Africa.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Old enough to know how genetics and evolution work. Old enough not to dispute accepted scientific fact or dismiss it as a "stupid comment", and wise enough to recognize the difference.

That does not answer my question. How old are you son?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Double standards FTL :/

No double standard. I have explained this many times. The word is derogatory and its meaning its based in a racial demeaning term. The word has been desensitized through its use, but its meaning is still the same. When a black person uses the word typically its use is not to attack a person racially. Now if a white person uses that word typically its in anger and meant to hurt a person using racial slurs. Some call that a double standard but here is an example that can clear that up.

Take any person who you have personal relationship with and you refer to them as a b!tch or motherfvcker. Because you share some type of bond with that person usually those words will many times will not be taken to heart. But now if I a total stranger walked up to that same person who I just saw you talk to like that and said the same things, what do you think will be the response? As a black person I share a bond with every other black person whether I like them or not. We all share bonds with folks who experience the same things we do. And because of those bonds the language we use while interacting with those like us will be different.

I have jokingly referred to my wife as a hoe or a byatch. Now I can say that, but let another mf'er say it and I know about it, his his @ss will be kicked. Truthfully when ever I hear a white person ask why can't I say the n word. I always say, you can, but if you get your butt stomped don't come crying. And typically when a white person says they want to say it, usually they just want an excuse, so they bring up the same old tired arguement like this thread. You can say what you want, its a free country. And a trip to the dentist is free too. Free indeed

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Alistar, you said "The most pure gene pool left is most likely found on the continent of Africa. That means more variables and possibilities, the greatest potential of human evolution. Americans are truly the mutts of the world, with the most common and limited genetic potential."

How would America be less diverse if we're the melting pot of the world? We have Africans here, we have Asians here, we have Europeans here, we have South Americans here, etc. We probably have people here from every diverse group in Africa in addition to the people from other lands. And you're saying that we have the most limited potential? Here, the opportunity exists for various traits to compete and see which serves us best.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
How would America be less diverse if we're the melting pot of the world? You're saying that we have the most limited potential?

Learn how genetics and evolution work, then you will understand, it will be crystal clear.

http://www.umich.edu/news/inde...ses/2005/Oct05/r101805

The genetic diversity of populations was found to be greatest in Africa and least in the Americas.

Cliff notes on how both subjects correlate: Greater genetic diversity = greater evolutionary potential.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: classy

I have jokingly referred to my wife as a hoe or a byatch. Now I can say that, but let another mf'er say it and I know about it, his his @ss will be kicked. Truthfully when ever I hear a white person ask why can't I say the n word. I always say, you can, but if you get your butt stomped don't come crying. And typically when a white person says they want to say it, usually they just want an excuse, so they bring up the same old tired arguement like this thread. You can say what you want, its a free country. And a trip to the dentist is free too. Free indeed

And when someone does decide to say it and you step up and get your ass beat down, you go crying that it was a racially motivated beating.

I don't know about you, but I occasionally will fight someone just for the sport of it. If I think I can win and see that they're foolishly willing to go, I'll absolutely pummel them.

This is not to say that I go around calling people n's or trying to act gangsta, since that's not me. But I will soften someone up if I encounter a wannabe tough guy.

Henrythewound

Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: SsupernovaE
I got over being called crippled a long time ago.

I used to work as a cashier and a man in a wheelchair complained about the aisle to the register not being wide enough for his chair. I told him we had handicap accessible registers and pointed where they were. He got all red in the face and said DISABLED, NOT HANDICAPPED!! He got super pissed and left. I was shocked. Despite your best intentions someone will always be offended. I suppose that is their choice.

With regard to the N word I think there is definitely a double standard and it's not going away any time soon because nobody, blacks or whites, will let it die.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
How would America be less diverse if we're the melting pot of the world? You're saying that we have the most limited potential?

Learn how genetics and evolution work, then you will understand, it will be crystal clear.

I'm not saying that we all blend into a gray smudge. I'm saying that we have the Africans that you mentioned before IN ADDITION to Europeans, Asians, etc.

If you're too dumb to understand, visualize this. Take Africa, that ultra-diverse place you mentioned, and add more people of different nationalities. Dump some Europeans there. Dump some Asians there. Dump some South Americans there. Now you'll have the original diversity that previously existed IN ADDITION to some more diverse groups.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

And when someone does decide to say it and you step up and get your ass beat down, you go crying that it was a racially motivated beating.

I don't know about you, but I occasionally will fight someone just for the sport of it. If I think I can win and see that they're foolishly willing to go, I'll absolutely pummel them.

This is not to say that I go around calling people n's or trying to act gangsta, since that's not me. But I will soften someone up if I encounter a wannabe tough guy.

Sure you do, internet tough gal.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

First off I have as yet been around anyone who has said it. And if I was standing in front of you, you probably wouldn't say it either. And talk about wanna be tough guys, lol, look at you. You like to fight for the sport of it? What a joke. Clearly you might pull that sh!t around some weak people you hang around, but trust me, the circles I hung in before getting married, you wouldn't even think about going out like that. When someone talks like that, I know right there, they haven't been in no real tussles and they ain't seen no real blood. Even some of the hardest cats I knew didn't like to rumble for fun. But hey I give you props for the beastily post, it looks good.................on a computer screen :p.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

Sure you do, internet tough gal.

I agree that words are cheap. But I'm always willing to back it up. Unlike half of the posers in here, I actually posted a picture of what I look like so you can at least see that I'm not a 21 year old 150 lb twig.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

I'm not saying that we all blend into a gray smudge. I'm saying that we have the Africans that you mentioned before IN ADDITION to Europeans, Asians, etc.

If you're too dumb to understand, visualize this. Take Africa, that ultra-diverse place you mentioned, and add more people of different nationalities. Dump some Europeans there. Dump some Asians there. Dump some South Americans there. Now you'll have the original diversity that previously existed IN ADDITION to some more diverse groups.

It was never a question of my intelligence, I understand this quite well. We came OUT of Africa, simply reinserting these now limited genetic offerings back into the pool would not create more diversity, it would reduce it overall.

According to your personal theory America, as the melting pot of the world, would have much more diversity than Africa. Why has science proven the exact opposite? Africa has the highest, America the lowest. The "melting pot process", this is important BTW pay attention, reduces diversity. You will find more genetic diversity in a small, isolated African community than you will in all of NYC combined.

If you're too dumb to understand how evolution works, visualize me saying "I am sorry". Easiest explanation is you actually have the process in relation to genetic diversity 100% backwards. Don't be ashamed, it is the most common misinterpretation.

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Again: The N word means whatever is convenient to black people for it to mean. If you're a white guy, it's a horrible ethnic slur and deserves instant physical retaliation. If you're a black person, it's a non-threatening colloquialism. Is that ridiculous? Of course. Have guilty white progressives and radical black people who see racism in the most innocuous things let it get to this point, and it's useless to attempt to fight it at this point? Again, of course.

Seriously, accept this. You will all sleep better.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Almost no one understands racism it seems to me. Yes it is a racist term when used by whites. No it is not a racist term when used by blacks, though it may still be considered degradding or 'low'. The term Redneck or 'white trash' or cracker or many other racial terms used for whites are technically racist but whites haven't faced hundreds of years of racial oppression at the hands of other races so the term does have much force behind it. Also redneck tends to be more of a social and financial statement than one of race. Racism gains it's power through history if people can't accept that they don't know what racism is.

/threead.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

First off I have as yet been around anyone who has said it. And if I was standing in front of you, you probably wouldn't say it either.

You're probably right, because it's disrespectful and I'm not going to disrespect someone for no reason.

Clearly you might pull that sh!t around some weak people you hang around, but trust me, the circles I hung in before getting married, you wouldn't even think about going out like that. When someone talks like that, I know right there, they haven't been in no real tussles and they ain't seen no real blood. Even some of the hardest cats I knew didn't like to rumble for fun. But hey I give you props for the beastily post, it looks good.................on a computer screen :p.

Obviously if Kimbo or Bob Sapp was standing in front of me I'd be all about peace and diplomacy. Those guys rumble for fun on a whole different level. But as far as the normal people I see on a daily basis? Yeah, I'll pound them.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
I was told the N word is a racial term that applies to African American people.

oK.

Now several people including a black person have used that word in front of me. I asked them what they meant by that and they basically said the N word is for a trashy low-class black people and that the classy/educated/not bottom of the barrel-class black people are not Ns. So basically a N is a black thug... oK..

so.... isn't the N word another way of calling a white person a "redneck"?

Yet the N word will get you fired from your job and banned on Internet forums.
Calling someone a redneck will be ignored.

Because rednecks don't own computers? :p

The N word is a word associated with hatred and oppression against black people going back hundreds of years in this country. Just because some gang banging crack head rappers use the term doesn't make it cool or acceptable, I don't care what color your skin is.

Redneck is a term that educated white people use to describe their one toothed, beer swillin', sister weddin', mouth breathin', nascar watchin' brethren.

I'm comfortable with this. Seriously, who gives a fuck if rednecks are offended...hell, would they even realize it? :laugh:

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Stiganator
Here's the thing, today not a single black person or even their parents were slaves. If you were personally a slave you have every right to be bitter, but the last slave died in 1979 ish (debatable since he claimed to be 137). Shit happens when cultures collide or when bad/crazy people are in power. Time to move on.

You have to have been a slave to be hated because of the color of your skin? :confused: