The Jussie Smollett Affair

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Something about a black guy pulling one over on the law gets them in a hot dander. They're okay with the orange guy pulling shit left and right, however... lol.

I think they get erections from both, just for different reasons. I'm guessing that raging about black people gets their blood pressure going good, while they're just full on sexually attracted to Turmp. Which perhaps its not that he gives them an erection but rather makes them so eager to take his.

Which, I'm realizing why conservatives have become so vocal and had such high turnout in 2016. No one makes them pop a hate boner like Hilary (Obama was close, but what you think they're gay? Not for a black man they aren't!), and Turmp had them swooning, they just love everything about him, from his big tiny little hands grabbing them, his willingness to rape, his penis (they wanted to hear more though), his orange glow and Big Mac flavored kiss.

Reactions: cytg111

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
My first clue he was lying was the noose. Wouldn't you take that thing off immediately after the violation of an attack, rather then head home and wait around with it still on? Then he pulls it off and wraps it up casually to set on the counter, like he's not at all repulsed by it as a symbol of black oppression. I would fight like heck if a noose was being forced around my neck, and I wouldn't just leave it there after the attackers ran away.

Jesus, I feel bad for the guy. But I feel worse for all those who've actually been victims of racism now and in the future who will be accused of faking it.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
My first clue he was lying was the noose. Wouldn't you take that thing off immediately after the violation of an attack, rather then head home and wait around with it still on? Then he pulls it off and wraps it up casually to set on the counter, like he's not at all repulsed by it as a symbol of black oppression. I would fight like heck if a noose was being forced around my neck, and I wouldn't just leave it there after the attackers ran away.

Jesus, I feel bad for the guy. But I feel worse for all those who've actually been victims of racism now and in the future who will be accused of faking it.

Whenever a noose pops up there’s a good indication of a hoax. We had one at LSU a few years back, same thing. Noose was found with hate speech, campus is in an uproar, then a few days later it comes out that the girl it was perpetrated against made it herself. Found the markers in her room and several other things. She wanted to be part of the movement and start a conversation etc.

A noose is just too obvious a symbol and nobody goes around making them. Not to say it can’t happen, but it should be a big red flag to maybe check into it a little deeper.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/0...as-victim-of-attack-but-dont-specify-further/

Smollett’s team made the statement after the City of Chicago made clear that it is not backing down from the civil lawsuit asking Smollett for $130,000 to cover the costs investigating what they call a staged racist and homophobic attack​
Smollett’s attorney asked the court to throw the civil lawsuit away. But the city responded this week that they have every right to collect the cash, adding that there is GPS, text message, bank records, and video evidence to prove that Smollett allegedly lied about the attack.​
But Smollett’s team said in a statement released to the Associated Press on Wednesday that “every iota” of his account of being the victim of an attack is supported by police evidence.​
But the statement doesn’t say what that evidence is.​
Lol :D

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/0...as-victim-of-attack-but-dont-specify-further/

Smollett’s team made the statement after the City of Chicago made clear that it is not backing down from the civil lawsuit asking Smollett for $130,000 to cover the costs investigating what they call a staged racist and homophobic attack​
Smollett’s attorney asked the court to throw the civil lawsuit away. But the city responded this week that they have every right to collect the cash, adding that there is GPS, text message, bank records, and video evidence to prove that Smollett allegedly lied about the attack.​
But Smollett’s team said in a statement released to the Associated Press on Wednesday that “every iota” of his account of being the victim of an attack is supported by police evidence.​
But the statement doesn’t say what that evidence is.​
Lol :D
Who is. Jussie Smollett?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
lol. watched that the other day. actually took me some time to figure out wtf he was talking about.
It's his best one since his comeback IMO. It reminded me of his younger times, before he went into hiding. He looked like he was having a lot more fun doing it than his previous specials too.

Reactions: Ichinisan

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I find it amazing that he’s sticking to his guns in this

I would find it amazing if he did anything else. What choice does he have now, he's so far down this rabbit hole that there's no coming back. If he fesses up it doesn't mitigate the damage. So he'll stick to his story to the bitter end and force the city to come after him for the money they wasted chasing this down. Then when he loses he can still claim that he was telling the truth all along and that it's all a frame job because of his race and some people will believe him.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I would find it amazing if he did anything else. What choice does he have now, he's so far down this rabbit hole that there's no coming back. If he fesses up it doesn't mitigate the damage. So he'll stick to his story to the bitter end and force the city to come after him for the money they wasted chasing this down. Then when he loses he can still claim that he was telling the truth all along and that it's all a frame job because of his race and some people will believe him.
Right up until he really needs the money and writes his book: If I'd faked it, here's how I would have done it!

Reactions: pcgeek11
Nov 8, 2012
It's his best one since his comeback IMO. It reminded me of his younger times, before he went into hiding. He looked like he was having a lot more fun doing it than his previous specials too.

Guessing (based on this post) that you're talking about the new Chapelle? Planning to watch it tonight.

I fucking love his comedy and I love that he tells the PC crowd to go fuck themselves.

Want equality and to be seen as equals? Then don't cry when someone makes a joke about your segregated group.

Nov 8, 2012

Meh, lets just say... it hasn't worked out so well for R. Kelley on the whole "denial works best" idea....

If he fessed up and apologized he might not have so many eyes looking at him to charge him in court.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^ He never tells them to go fuck themselves. He just offers suggestions along the lines of how going overboard can backfire.

Dude actually changed some of his own comedy, perspective, lifestyle in response to his own personal concern about not telling the right jokes, being too insensitive to the possible responses to his comedy.

So, if that's what you are getting from Chapelle, then you aren't paying attention. (It's funny: one of his explanations for quitting Chapelle show was that white people weren't getting him at all and basically overinterpreting him as being anti-PC regarding black culture; and thus being fucking racist. so like...your post ;))

Reactions: Victorian Gray
Nov 8, 2012
^ He never tells them to go fuck themselves. He just offers suggestions along the lines of how going overboard can backfire.

Dude actually changed some of his own comedy, perspective, lifestyle in response to his own personal concern about not telling the right jokes, being too insensitive to the possible responses to his comedy.

So, if that's what you are getting from Chapelle, then you aren't paying attention.

Yeah, no. Would have to say you're pretty wrong there. He even does a call-out in the crowd.

Uhhh, he makes jokes directly related to the trans community - and of course - only white people (that like to call themselves "journalists" on joke media websites like Vox) make articles about how offensive it is.

Meanwhile, there was a trans person at the event that was laughing their ass off the entire time.... But for some reason the PC liberal yuppie crowd thinks they get to be the gate-keepers of what is acceptable comedy - even when they aren't even a part of the group that they claim to defend. It's fucking pathetic.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yes, we get it. nuance isn't your thing.

And thanks for the Daily Caller's interpretation of Chapelle. Sure you didn't think about that at all, did you?

Nov 8, 2012
yes, we get it. nuance isn't your thing.

And thanks for the Daily Caller's interpretation of Chapelle. Sure you didn't think about that at all, did you?

I just did a quick google search, I don't subscribe to or go to Daily Caller. The video doesn't even have any commentary, just cuts from the show.

Sorry that your implicit bias got in the way of interpretation.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I just did a quick google search, I don't subscribe to or go to Daily Caller. The video doesn't even have any commentary, just cuts from the show.

Sorry that your implicit bias got in the way of interpretation.

So, you're going with "People get mad at Dave Chapelle for saying deliberately non-PC things" as your defense of what you think Dave Chapelle is doing in his comedy? That's where you started, anyway, and this doesn't really do anything to expand on your argument.

Yes, we are familiar with his comedy and I get that he's "sick of a lot of the bullshit." I get it. But what you're doing is trying to lionize him as some avatar against the "liberal PC terrorists" of the world, when it couldn't be further from the truth. You're basically the other side of the audience that isn't listening to him.

But yes: you should watch the latest special. It's hilarious. :D There are many new (and updated) non-PC bits for you to laugh at and misinterpret. ;)

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Guessing (based on this post) that you're talking about the new Chapelle? Planning to watch it tonight.

I fucking love his comedy and I love that he tells the PC crowd to go fuck themselves.

Want equality and to be seen as equals? Then don't cry when someone makes a joke about your segregated group.
Make sure you watch the epilogue titled "The Punchline" when Netflix suggests it.

Absolutely essential.