• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

The Intel Atom Thread

Page 214 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017
It's true that an Atom Goldmont Plus is WEAKER than an Richland APU in single thread/IPC?

I ask because maybe I'll buy a very cheap new mobo plus APU to light browsing soon, and I had thought about getting an A4-6300 APU because it's cheaply available, but there's this alternative, and Atom J4005 that may be better because of the more robust media engine.

@Brunnis

Last edited:

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
It's true that an Atom Goldmont Plus is WEAKER than an Richland APU in single thread/IPC?

I ask because maybe I'll buy a very cheap new mobo plus APU to light browsing soon, and I had thought about getting an A4-6300 APU because it's cheaply available, but there's this alternative, and Atom J4005 that may be better because of the more robust media engine.

@Brunnis
That is correct, but mostly due to the Richland APU having a large frecuency advantage, i dont think it is below on IPC. You still gona have problems with both on Windows 10, as they are both slow. Im still handling some A6-7480 here, they are just slow, every time you load a web page it goes to 100%.

Try to get a 3000G/200GE with the cheapest AM4 board you can find, the diference is like night and day.

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017
Try to get a 3000G/200GE with the cheapest AM4 board you can find, the diference is like night and day.
Thought about this but if I go this way the price difference will be 3.5 fold minimum.

Lightning burned the computer.
Not that this is a problem, problem is that I don't have a way to test the APU. I'm trying to go buy another mobo that is the cheaper option but I just realized, because the lightning came from the HDMI that was connected to the TV I think that what burned was the APU and not the motherboard. Maybe I just need to buy another APU that's cheaper than the mobo... I'm lost.
I just need something, anything to play the role of desktop PC, as long as it's working it should serve.

ASK THE COMMUNITY