The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Have you started it yet? It was my personal GOTY. Absolutely loved it

Not for me, for my son. I cannot play console games other than simple driving games lol

Also picked up Watch Dog Legion for PS4.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This just came in the mail. I've never played any of these so this should be fun.

image0.jpg

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
i-fown 12 (non-pro). Got a sweet deal from Comcast when switching to their mobile service. Comcast made a stupidly good deal with Verizon years back, and can now undercut them easily (using the same towers). The only downside, I had a choice of White or White :(.

iphone-12-white-select-2020.jpg

Reactions: Kaido

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Dude you either need a blog or a Youtube channel. I'd love to know more about your arcade adventures!
Hah honestly what I have is child's play compared to what a lot of people have. But what I did with my multi-game light gun cabinet is not something many people do. If you are more interested, I posted a full log of that project on the arcade forums I frequent with a lot of details and planning of how everything is setup.

Reactions: Kaido

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
I got tired of waiting for a custom waterblock card to be announced, so I picked this up in the Newegg drop last night.

I'll probably either resell it once a custom waterblock design like the liquid devil comes out or maybe I'll get lazy and just buy a waterblock for it.

Screenshot_20210107-074014__01.jpg

Reactions: Ajay

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Just bought a bidet attachment for our toilet. Was hesitant and first, and wife flat-out refused to try it.

One week later...

I now refer to time in two sections:

BB- Before Bidet
AB- After Bidet

Just shut up, trust me, and get one. Your toilet paper usage goes down at least 50%, you're a lot cleaner, and it's better for the environment. We're installing them in all 3 of our bathrooms now!

• Wow
Reactions: BudAshes

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Just bought a bidet attachment for our toilet. Was hesitant and first, and wife flat-out refused to try it.

One week later...

BB- Before Bidet
AB- After Bidet

Just shut up, trust me, and get one. Your toilet paper usage goes down at least 50%, you're a lot cleaner, and it's better for the environment. We're installing them in all 3 of our bathrooms now!

Which one did you get?

Feb 4, 2009

One week later...

BB- Before Bidet
AB- After Bidet

I know this sounds strange, installed picture please.
Wife has mentioned this but all the ones I’ve seen look sort of bulky.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante
Feb 4, 2009
I got a refurb Shark XL vacuum from woot. Deal of the century if you want my opinion.
Even at its list price we should have gotten one.

Works fine for floor we don’t have much carpeting so I’m not sure about that but the small amount we have it cleans acceptably.
Doesn’t clean as good as doing it yourself however if you are like us and just don’t vacuum it works incredibly.
Fascinating to watch it move around and vacuum.
Not as elegant as a iRobot vacuum but gets stuff done. Ignore the morons in the amazon review that claim it is too loud. Normal mode is on the quiet side IMO, turbo mode is close to a stick vacuum noise level. It is a vacuum people, it will make f-ing noise.

Last edited:

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

One week later...

BB- Before Bidet
AB- After Bidet

Welcome to the bidet master race! We got our Toto C100 back in April or May. I can't imagine dropping a deuce without it now. Really made me appreciate how disgusting Western (US?) toilet practices are.

Unrelated, recent purchases:

RTX 3080
Ryzen 7 5800x

God bless discord bots for tracking inventory!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
This just came in the mail. I've never played any of these so this should be fun.

image0.jpg
Atomiswave games work on Dreamcast now. A guy has been repackaging the game dumps to run natively. I'll have to drop some onto an SD card and test with GDEMU (optical drive replacement) in my Dreamcast with DCDigital HDMI upgrade.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
You know those things aren't single use, right? With a bit of leverage you twist them back out of the skull and they're good for another skull.
Now you tell me! That's gonna free up a lot of money for Happy Meals going forward :^)

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
This was in the driveway this morning. Wasn't expecting it til next week...

IMG_20210110_084646.jpg