The AT World of Warcraft Thread (Where do you play) and general BS

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: AntiFreze
I will prolly do arena and find a za run every now and then. how important is the cheap pvp trinket? i never bought it, but i would hate to get sheeped for the full duration in arena.

Also, if you suck... and i mean suck 0-10 a week, do you earn any arena points?

yes as long as you do 10 games you get points, if you always lose 10 games you dont get many points but you still get them

and yes get the PVP trinket the good one, you will actually NEED it for a few PVE encounters later on

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
sounds good, i think i have 2k left over honor. ill earn the 4k over the next week, buy the cheap one. then work on the 16.9k one

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
explain to me how a destro lock is supposed to darkpact smart guy, or a demo lock for that matter

Why do I have to? I was talking to you and you're affliction, smart guy.

can anyone provide me a link to the highest rogue dps PVE raid sword spec?

<EDIT>20/41/0</EDIT>
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0eboxLZMIA00VzxMGot

It includes some filler talents to bump up tiers... you can use some of the PVP talents that Anubis chose as well. I believe 2.4 is changing (elemental) mob immunity to poison, so poisons will probably be even more viable.

we faced some lock in arena that was 56/0/4

he had every talent in the aff tree maxed out

it was pretty funny

I fought a 0/0/51 mage one time. He never even used Ice Block lulz.

I think just being swords from daggers will improve my farming greatly. (gouge, run behind, BS, and such doesnt do so well compared to spamming SS)

I actually take less damage on my dagger rogue compared to my sword rogue simply because the mob rarely hits me or sometimes never hits me.

yes as long as you do 10 games you get points, if you always lose 10 games you dont get many points but you still get them

and yes get the PVP trinket the good one, you will actually NEED it for a few PVE encounters later on

There's nothing wrong with buying the cheap one as a temporary solution. Having the "SryNoCC4U" button is always nice regardless of the cooldown :p.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
Some lock used 60 talent points and some mage used 51 huh... that must be some rating, they don't even use all their talent points there!

I keed.

The PvP trinket is not a necessity for PvE, unless you are low on the hand/eye coordination and timing is not your thing. It can make some portions of some encounters for some classes easier, yes.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Lamont Burns
Some lock used 60 talent points and some mage used 51 huh... that must be some rating, they don't even use all their talent points there!

I keed.

The PvP trinket is not a necessity for PvE, unless you are low on the hand/eye coordination and timing is not your thing. It can make some portions of some encounters for some classes easier, yes.

i dont think any ammnt of hand/eye coordination is gonna save you when you are feared into a doomfire

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

I keed.

i dont think any ammnt of hand/eye coordination is gonna save you when you are feared into a doomfire

Ya, it most certainly sounds necessary for Archimonde. I don't think any other encounter requires it though.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
I fought a 0/0/51 mage one time. He never even used Ice Block lulz.

I assume you mean 0/0/61 frost, which is a good overall mage spec for pvp or pve. For pvp, impact and improved fireblast are usually taken, and for pve the -40% arcane threat talent and maybe clearcasting. But full frost is perfectly viable and is what I use. Almost everything in the frost tree is useful and worth taking, while the other trees are full of garbage fillers.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: QuantumPion
I assume you mean 0/0/61 frost, which is a good overall mage spec for pvp or pve. For pvp, impact and improved fireblast are usually taken, and for pve the -40% arcane threat talent and maybe clearcasting. But full frost is perfectly viable and is what I use. Almost everything in the frost tree is useful and worth taking, while the other trees are full of garbage fillers.

Yeah, no idea why I'm still used to the 60 talent number. Maybe he heard it was useful from someone like yourself and thought he'd be good with it :laugh:. At least fighting this guy in the 1500-ish bracket in arena actually felt proper rather than fighting well-played S2/3 geared teams.

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Beev
Originally posted by: livingsacrifice
Originally posted by: Beev
Heroics for sure. You'll get badges too.

Oh really? I'm not really too familiar with them so I'll have to do some research. Is that just basically instances at a harder mode?

Yup, just a harder version of the instance. Every boss drops 1 badge, and you can get some REALLY good stuff with them.

Sounds pretty rad. Any suggestions on ones worth trying out?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

Ramparts is popular because it's not difficult... to an extent.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Xavier434

I keed.

Ya, it most certainly sounds necessary for Archimonde. I don't think any other encounter requires it though.

unless your healers on on speed and can target and instant heal you if you get iceblocked on winterchill its very usefull there as well

i also use it on kael when tanking capenerian (sp) if i hapened to get conflaged

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001

Yeah I've done ramps before, I like it cus it's not too long either, it must be pretty difficult on hard.

Punter

Jul 21, 2006
Will Blizzard ever be able or motivated to improve the graphics? WoW is starting to look quite dated.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

Yeah I've done ramps before, I like it cus it's not too long either, it must be pretty difficult on hard.

IMO even when you dont have the gear that i do the heroics from fall like this

Easy
Slave pens
Underbog
Mechanar
Ramparts
Secklic Halls (spelt that wrong)

Moderetly hard
Steamvault
Crypts
Arcatraz
Botanica
Bloodfurnace

Hard
Shatt Halls
Shadow Labs
Black Morass

fucking impossiable
Durnholde

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Punter
Will Blizzard ever be able or motivated to improve the graphics? WoW is starting to look quite dated.

prob with the expansion

they will prolly just increase the polygon count. dont expect a new graphics engine. think of EQ expansions. I think they only redid the engine once after like 10 expansions.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I finally got my druid to 70 after playing on and off for 2 years, yep I've got too many alts. Then I decided to respec to full resto and I can do some pretty good healing. I just want to know what's the best way to get some epic gear? I want to start doing Kara runs soon (after getting attuned) and would like atleast half blue half purple items before I run.

Went through the same thing a month ago. I pvp'd for 4/5 S1 gear and Kara'd a couple times and ended up with like 3 pieces included nightbane staff and chest. Up to 1200 bonus healing with little effort other than AVing all day. ;) Hope your battlegroup wins AVs.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Easy
Slave pens
Underbog
Mechanar
Ramparts
Secklic Halls (spelt that wrong)

Moderetly hard
Steamvault
Crypts
Arcatraz
Botanica
Bloodfurnace

Hard
Shatt Halls
Shadow Labs
Black Morass

fucking impossiable
Durnholde

Isn't this also relatively based on group make-ups? I know a shitty group will do poorly... hell, I had a shitty group for HRamps and it took 3+ hours and we couldn't even beat a boss. Is HDurn hard because of the Epoch Hunter encounter? I hate that encounter on normal... I don't think I'd like it much on hard :(.

Originally posted by: Punter

Doubtful.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yes its depends on group makeup but that list s basicially based off the techniciality of the enrounters and how hard some of the mobs hit, Durnhold is a PITA because of the first boss, you either need a T6 geared tank or 2 dedicated healers, epoch hunter is a pain as well but nothing compaired to the 1st boss, i think 5 manning bosses in in kara is actually easier

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
I finally got my druid to 70 after playing on and off for 2 years, yep I've got too many alts. Then I decided to respec to full resto and I can do some pretty good healing. I just want to know what's the best way to get some epic gear? I want to start doing Kara runs soon (after getting attuned) and would like atleast half blue half purple items before I run.

Went through the same thing a month ago. I pvp'd for 4/5 S1 gear and Kara'd a couple times and ended up with like 3 pieces included nightbane staff and chest. Up to 1200 bonus healing with little effort other than AVing all day. ;) Hope your battlegroup wins AVs.

Actually last night, the first night I really got into PVP I did like 5 AV runs and we actually won 4 out of 5 of those. I was suprised since our Alliance group normally loses every single one. I was getting decent healing crits too with only half healing gear (all blues). It just seems like it takes an awful lot of effort to get enough points for this stuff.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
yes its depends on group makeup but that list s basicially based off the techniciality of the enrounters and how hard some of the mobs hit, Durnhold is a PITA because of the first boss, you either need a T6 geared tank or 2 dedicated healers, epoch hunter is a pain as well but nothing compaired to the 1st boss, i think 5 manning bosses in in kara is actually easier

Really? Drake is that bad? I could see Captain Skarloc being bad, but Drake is a joke on normal.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yes hes that bad, just searh for info on Hdurn its not fun, its really funny being in a T6 guild asking in chat if anyone wants to do the heroic daily, and its durn everyone just says fuck that place, also the trash pulls of 4+ that are 100% immune to CC dont help

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Originally posted by: rh71

Actually last night, the first night I really got into PVP I did like 5 AV runs and we actually won 4 out of 5 of those. I was suprised since our Alliance group normally loses every single one. I was getting decent healing crits too with only half healing gear (all blues). It just seems like it takes an awful lot of effort to get enough points for this stuff.

Alliance started rolling horde with the Galv->RH rush approach, but horde has caught on and is doing the same thing Belinda->AS.

This gives horde the automatic win as their spawn point prior to the upcoming 2.4 patch is geographically closer to their goals than alliance, and Belinda isn't as buff as Galv.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
All Horde has to do is put 10-15 good defense at each IBGY or FWGY the entire game and Alliance will just get turtled because they can't possibly hold a GY and advance to still win. Our battlegroup Stormstrike loses this way every single game, even with premades I've heard. On Ruin battlegroup, we don't face much defense at all like described above and I'm sure this is the case at most winning AVs for Alliance. It is not the terrain if everyone else is winning but us. It's the defense they put there. Even if they get defeated, a small group of 5 to 10 will come backwards and take things back. We can't prevent them from doing that and still advance.

Our only other option if they play defense is to defend SHGY and the bunkers too, but we will eventually lose Balinda and lose by reinforcements. 2.4 should be interesting.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
As I've discussed in here earlier, Horde have the best chokepoints and can easily win with some competent defenders at IBGY.

I decided to do some AV this past weekend on my Shaman for kicks. Yeah, it was just so sad that I /AFK'd out. I'm on Rampage BG, and the Alliance actually had the bright idea to defend instead of having a real offense. The little bit of offense that there was quickly died to the IBGY defenders. It wouldn't be so bad either, but Alliance can't even defend a GY with most people on defense.

Utter trash in AV... utter trash.

I also play on Vindication as Horde and Horde only win AV maybe half the time there as they haven't discovered the idea of chokepoints yet. Or perhaps they use race games to promote continuing to play AV? I mean AV is still good for honor even if you aren't getting full 600-ish. 300 for a 12 minute game is pretty damn sweet, especially when you get maybe 220 for a 30 minute AB game.

Status
Not open for further replies.