• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

The AT World of Warcraft Thread (Where do you play) and general BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
supprized there wasent a thread about this allready
wowwiki.com has direct Dl and non blizz torrents for it, took me 10 min to DL it before work

ZA should be fun based off the PTRs, Season 3 starts next week, Guild banks, warlock nerfs :(, keal nerf :), lots of other stuff





AT Name - Char Name - realm - faction - race - Class - Guild

Anubis - Melbufrahma - Ner'Zhul - Horde - Orc - Warlock - Spike Flail
- Apalla - Skullcrusher - Horde - Undead - Shadow Priest - None
- Hexagon - Ner'zhul - horde - Orc - Warrior - None

AntiFreze - Thonatos - Dalaran - Alliance - Dwarf - Rogue - Nightwalkers
Aikouka - Alleria:
-Darro - 70 Night Elf Rogue
-Darron - 70 Dwarf Priest
-Tieras - 70 Night Elf Warrior
-Cureli - 70 Gnome Mage
-Darrien - 70 Draenei Shaman
-Tiramen - 70 Night Elf Hunter
-Quirdan - 70 Gnome Warlock
-Darrox - 70 Human Paladin
-Turalon - 60 Night Elf Druid

Lightning's Blade:
-Orrad - 70 Undead Rogue
-??? - ?? Human Warlock (Shh, it's a secret!)


Beev - Sheeza - Earthen Ring - Horde - Undead - Warlock - Bloodhorde

Citrix - Ladenn - Moonguard, Alliance, Night elf - ShadowPriest - Thors Hammer Lvl 70
- Dargercy - Moonguard - alliance- Human - Warlock - Thors Hammer - levl 25
- SharpHorns - Blackwing Lair - Horde - tauren - Hunter - none- lvl 15

Xavier434 - Xavieer - Eonar - Alliance - Night Elf - Druid - Descent

AtmaVegeta - Naruchan - 70 BE Priest - Illidan
- Cèleste - 63 BE Paladin - Illidan
- Tingli - 62 DR Shaman - Eonar
- Olinai - 27 BE Mage - Illidan
- Qianyi - 27 HU Rogue - Burning Blade
- Sõphia - 13 NE Druid - Buring Legion
- Minghuili - 12 BE Warlock - Illidan

Carmen813 - Padinn - Skullcrusher - Alliance - Dwarf -Paladin- - Vindictive

Chimley - US Skullcrusher: -(Alliance - Dark Entropy)
-Chimley 70 NE Warrior (Main)
-Chimlock 70 Human Warlock
-Chimshock 65 Space Cow Shaman
-Chimlee 70 NE Rogue
-Chim 70 Gnome Mage
-Cyrilla 70 NE Druid


US Blackrock:
(Horde - Stuck on Muru)
-Chimlee 70 Blood Elf Hunter

Locked at the request of Anubis and has been continued here.
-Schadenfroh (AT Mod)
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: Xavier434
2.3 = hunter goodness and uber badge farming
yea and your free arena 2 hander, which IMO is total BS

we need a new WoW thread about where people are playing, IDK what happened to the old one
 

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
7,775
0
0
Just edit the title of this thread and we'll go from there :)

I play on Smolderthorn, Alliance.

I have a 70 priest and warrior, and I'll probably level a hunter up now that the uber buff patch is out :D
 

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
10,386
1
0
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: Xavier434
2.3 = hunter goodness and uber badge farming
yea and your free arena 2 hander, which IMO is total BS

we need a new WoW thread about where people are playing, IDK what happened to the old one
I'm a resto druid and I never PvP so WoW and I are good friends. There is so much less to complain about in WoW if you stay clear of the PvP scene.
 

CalvinHobbes

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2004
3,524
0
0
I'm very excited about the patch, I'm sitting at 3 bars into lvl 39 with a BE Hunter. Looking forward to hitting 40 for a mount.

I play Horde on Kargath.
 

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
29,392
423
126
What's this free arena 2-hander stuff?

Also, I predownloaded the patch so I only have 1mb or so to get today.

What's nice in this patch:
- New raid zone for bored 70s.
ZG was a nice raid zone but it was introduced way too late. This really needed to be in the game before MC as it would've made the transition from 60 5/10-mans (or in 2005, they were still 10-15 mans ;)) much better. TBC had this kind of thing with Karazhan and that worked pretty well I think.

- Easier 20-60 leveling.
This is actually a combination of a couple changes. I may get some of these ranges switched around though, so be forewarned. You get more exp from quests for level 30-60. It takes less exp per level from 20-60. Note that players will not magically level up because of the changes, you will stay at the same percent that you were before 2.3. Also, all non-instance elite mobs (except Hogger) have been made non-elite. A new goblin town has been added in south-west Dustwallow Marsh for mid-thirties to mid-fourties quest (I believe, I never checked it on the PTR exactly). I like this change as I was getting a bit tired of the long grind from 1-60 on my multiple characters. It's not difficult to level pre-2.3 as I never ran out of quests on my characters, it's just really boring doing it for the 7th time :p.

- FAPs cannot be dispelled.
Pretty much what the title says. Free Action Potions can no longer be dispelled. This will essentially turn WSG into a FAP fest (let your minds wander on this one...). The original issue was that FAPs were a great asset because Warsong Gulch is a CTF style PVP game and with all the snares and slowing effects in WoW, you needed something to remove those nasty effects. FAPs worked, but they could be dispelled by a Shaman or a Priest.

- +Healing is now +Healing and some +damage.
All +Healing gear will now also provide 1/3 of the amount of +healing as +damage. This is a nice change to make it so healing classes aren't completely useless when they need to be used for their opposing role. I'd say this is more of a PVP change than anything though. But I was a bit amused when I told a shadowpriest friend of mine that my dorf healer would have around 500 damage just because of this little modification compared to his 800 :p. I'm not entirely sure if this also counts for +healing enchants, because items were physically changed to list "On Equip: Up to +80 Healing and +27 Damage" or something like that rather than there just being an invisible effect that causes it.

- Engineering Flying Mount!
Just something fun that was added in :).

- Rogue subtlety changes.
Subtlety isn't a horrible tree for rogues, but it was never horribly useful throughout the entire tree like some other trees are. Now, hemo has been buffed to do 125% weapon damage rather than 100%. This is a nice change as hemo has been quite weak for awhile now. Shadowstep can now be used out of stealth, it has a 40 second cooldown, a 40 yard range, lowers threat on your next attack by 50% and still raises damage of your next BS, Ambush or Garotte by 20%. Essentially, it's been turned into a bit of a rogue blink technique and it also has PVE usefulness now.

- Shaman enhancement changes.
Now shamans do not have to spec to use 2H Maces or Axes. Shamans also have Mental Quickness replaced with a new talent that gives you a portion of your AP in +healing (and maybe +damage as well, I'm not too sure!). This will be helpful as I cannot tell you how many times I've off-healed in an instance on my enhancement shaman to help out the healer when the group's in a tough spot.


The Bad:

- Rogue Vanish trick can no longer be used.
In Warsong Gulch, the rogue class had a good trick for getting rid of snares and slowing effects... Vanish and keep going. The issue is, Vanish causes you to drop the flag, so you had to pick it back up again when you did this. It's not hard to do this, but Blizzard added a debuff into 2.3 so whenever you drop the flag in WSG, you cannot pick it up until this debuff is gone. I don't know the duration, but even a second duration will hurt the rogue vanish trick.

- Some classes might be a bit too powerful?
This really has yet to be seen, but a lot of class buffs and some nerfs went into this patch. I think we'll see when people start playing if Hunters were buffed too much (for example).

Some Paladins were complaining about Blessing of Light being nerfed when used in conjunction with lower rank spells, but frankly I see this as going in line with the changes to gear-based +healing made in... 2.0 I think?
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: Aikouka
What's this free arena 2-hander stuff?
its not Free its costs 1000 arena points, but seeing as ever hunter i know has 1k APs saved up for this its basicially a free epic

its a hunter only 2h axe that has some godly stats on it, bunch of Stam and AGI as well as like 540 topend

warriors 2handers cost over 3K as well as 2h caster staffs
 

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
9,020
0
0
Cancelled my old account and I'll be... "liquidating" it soon ;) 70 mage, 70 shaman, 63 druid, 59 priest on that account. Also had, but deleted, a 60 rogue, 58 hunter & 42 warlock -- they were alliance. Before I got into PvP I rolled a few alliance toons to see their cities & zones, and to find groups more easily since they had a higher pop on my old server. But doing BGs with them maded me dumberer so it had to stop...

Currently leveling a lock on a new account to be my main, he just hit 60 - Lud, Zul'Jin (PvE EST). When he's comfortably 70 I'll start work on a rogue to get 70 with, and then possibly a 39 druid twink. I'm sick of healing, sick of the ridiculously unbalanced state of 1vs1 and the devs' obliviousness to the problem. I'm also sick of dueling for epics, and if arenas aren't done away with I'll probably jump ship for Warhammer when that's out.
 

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
32,542
260
126
Don't Rogues also have a talent that resets all of their cooldowns? I do remember the Rogue running the flag (particularly those nice resistant Orc ones) and using Vanish as a rather PITA.
 
Maybe I should reactivate the account and have the alchemist crank out some more FAP pots; the 5000 gold I have sitting there doing nothing could use more company   ;)
 
 
 
WTB Free transfers off of Bronzebeard to a EST server
 

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
17,952
31
91
I'm looking forward to getting home today and respeccing the rogue to a hemo build. I volunteered to be the one that takes the plunge for our raids but after reading all of the analysis on elitist jerks I have no problem making the switch.

I've got a couple of 70s on Kael'thas (Alliance) -- Diggler/Rogue and Wooglin/Paladin. If any of ya are solo playing on any alliance server, have high level characters, and want to raid in a really friendly guild on a central time server, shoot me a PM. We're about halfway through SSC and the Eye.

On another note, has anyone had a chance to really examine the 20-60 leveling changes? If you had to guess, how much /played would be cut off by an experienced player?

Also, are the S2 items changing to current S1 pricing when S3 starts next week? I'm debating on buying the MH rogue sword or waiting for Morogrim to finally be kind enough to drop his for me. You know how that goes, wait and it will never drop, buy the arena item and it will drop that night. ;)
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
I'm looking forward to getting home today and respeccing the rogue to a hemo build. I volunteered to be the one that takes the plunge for our raids but after reading all of the analysis on elitist jerks I have no problem making the switch.

I've got a couple of 70s on Kael'thas (Alliance) -- Diggler/Rogue and Wooglin/Paladin. If any of ya are solo playing on any alliance server, have high level characters, and want to raid in a really friendly guild on a central time server, shoot me a PM. We're about halfway through SSC and the Eye.

On another note, has anyone had a chance to really examine the 20-60 leveling changes? If you had to guess, how much /played would be cut off by an experienced player?

Also, are the S2 items changing to current S1 pricing when S3 starts next week? I'm debating on buying the MH rogue sword or waiting for Morogrim to finally be kind enough to drop his for me. You know how that goes, wait and it will never drop, buy the arena item and it will drop that night. ;)

S1 items becom honor gear on 11/20, S2 items get S1 arena prieing on 11/20 when S3 comes out, IMO grab the arena sword, and let someone else get the one from Morogrim, which has a horrid droprate

the lvling chages basicially mean you lvl 2-4x as fast, the nearly doubled the amnt of EXP you get from quests and nearly 1/2ed the amnt it takes to lvl,

when i lvled my last chart it took 3 weeks to get to 60 playing a decent ammnt, im guessing itll be easily under 2 weeks now, reason my war is 22 is because i was waiting for this
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: lupi
Don't Rogues also have a talent that resets all of their cooldowns? I do remember the Rogue running the flag (particularly those nice resistant Orc ones) and using Vanish as a rather PITA.
 
Maybe I should reactivate the account and have the alchemist crank out some more FAP pots; the 5000 gold I have sitting there doing nothing could use more company   ;)
 
 
 
WTB Free transfers off of Bronzebeard to a EST server
Premeditation, restes most of the rogues cooldowns, 21 pt sub tallent IIRC
 

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
29,392
423
126
Originally posted by: lupi
Don't Rogues also have a talent that resets all of their cooldowns? I do remember the Rogue running the flag (particularly those nice resistant Orc ones) and using Vanish as a rather PITA.
Preparation, it requires 20 points in Subtlety. It resets all rogue cooldowns except Cloak of Shadows and has a 10 minute cooldown. This was used quite heavily in flag carrying, which I can understand how this use in specific is too excessive, but as a combat rogue just PVPing for fun, I can only use it once every 5 minutes. Preparation also makes it even worse if they have Improved Sprint, which removes all snares and slowing effects. This makes it quite crazy when you vanish and sprint often and you can pretty much get across the entire map at higher than normal speeds using the speed boots in the WSG tunnels.

Oh and my characters are:

Alleria:
Darro - 70 - Night Elf Rogue
Darron - 70 - Dwarf Priest
Tieras - 70 - Night Elf Warrior
Cureli - 70 - Gnome Mage
Darrien - 70 - Draenei Shaman
Quirdan - 47 - Gnome Mage
Darrox - 47 - Human Paladin
Tiramen - 23 - Night Elf Hunter
Turalon - 24 - Night Elf Druid
Ithelik - 36 - Night Elf Rogue (Bank)
Zeldarin - 1 - Night Elf Priest (Bank)

Lightning's Blade:
Orrad - 38 - Undead Rogue

I'm currently leveling my Undead Rogue and I miss having him on the same server as my other characters. Even though my other guys were a different faction, I could still help him as long as the mobs were attackable by Alliance. I know I sent Darro to help Orrad on a few occasions (note that I originally had a naming convention where the opposing faction were exact opposites such as Night Elf Rogue -> Undead Rogue, which was the change that the Orb of Deception made, but now that they're moved, I'm thinking about renaming).
 

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
10,386
1
0
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Oh and my characters are:

Alleria:
Darro - 70 - Night Elf Rogue
Darron - 70 - Dwarf Priest
Tieras - 70 - Night Elf Warrior
Cureli - 70 - Gnome Mage
Darrien - 70 - Draenei Shaman

Quirdan - 47 - Gnome Mage
Darrox - 47 - Human Paladin
Tiramen - 23 - Night Elf Hunter
Turalon - 24 - Night Elf Druid
Ithelik - 36 - Night Elf Rogue (Bank)
Zeldarin - 1 - Night Elf Priest (Bank)

Lightning's Blade:
Orrad - 38 - Undead Rogue

You are a machine.

 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Oh and my characters are:

Alleria:
Darro - 70 - Night Elf Rogue
Darron - 70 - Dwarf Priest
Tieras - 70 - Night Elf Warrior
Cureli - 70 - Gnome Mage
Darrien - 70 - Draenei Shaman

Quirdan - 47 - Gnome Mage
Darrox - 47 - Human Paladin
Tiramen - 23 - Night Elf Hunter
Turalon - 24 - Night Elf Druid
Ithelik - 36 - Night Elf Rogue (Bank)
Zeldarin - 1 - Night Elf Priest (Bank)

Lightning's Blade:
Orrad - 38 - Undead Rogue

You are a machine.
hes not alone ill post ALL of mine rather then what i currently play 5 70s and lots of middle lvl chars

Bloodhoof (origionally Chromaggus)
Zarakii - 70 NE Rogue <- my first char and my rank 14

Skullcrusher
Zataki - 70 Undead rogue
Apalla - 70 US shadow priest
Melbuframa - 70 Orc Lock

Warsong
Fergus - 70 Cow Warrior
 

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
29,392
423
126
Originally posted by: Xavier434
You are a machine.
Would have more but I keep quitting for a couple months :(.

PVP really kills me, because I obsess with it because I have a goal and I just want to reach it. I don't play for too many hours in a day (I used to play 10+ hours a day in PVP when the honor ranking system was around), but being that I'm alliance and playing in PUGs, you just constantly lose. When you're in AB, you spend 20 minutes just to lose. I'd rather we play smart, let them win, get our token, and use AV for honor. I'd rather spend 2 minutes per AB loss than spend 20 minutes per loss... it's just more efficient.
 

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
10,386
1
0
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: Xavier434
You are a machine.
Would have more but I keep quitting for a couple months :(.

PVP really kills me, because I obsess with it because I have a goal and I just want to reach it. I don't play for too many hours in a day (I used to play 10+ hours a day in PVP when the honor ranking system was around), but being that I'm alliance and playing in PUGs, you just constantly lose. When you're in AB, you spend 20 minutes just to lose. I'd rather we play smart, let them win, get our token, and use AV for honor. I'd rather spend 2 minutes per AB loss than spend 20 minutes per loss... it's just more efficient.
I feel your pain. WoW has always been a PvE oriented game with PvP slapped on top of it. I am convinced that will never change. I caught wind of this over two years ago and I have yet to witness it fully jump over that hurdle. That's why I chose to ignore the PvP aspect of the game and fulfill those needs with other games which don't have those kinds of problems.
 

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
32,542
260
126
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: lupi
Don't Rogues also have a talent that resets all of their cooldowns? I do remember the Rogue running the flag (particularly those nice resistant Orc ones) and using Vanish as a rather PITA.
Preparation, it requires 20 points in Subtlety. It resets all rogue cooldowns except Cloak of Shadows and has a 10 minute cooldown. This was used quite heavily in flag carrying, which I can understand how this use in specific is too excessive, but as a combat rogue just PVPing for fun, I can only use it once every 5 minutes. Preparation also makes it even worse if they have Improved Sprint, which removes all snares and slowing effects. This makes it quite crazy when you vanish and sprint often and you can pretty much get across the entire map at higher than normal speeds using the speed boots in the WSG tunnels.

Oh and my characters are:

Alleria:
Darro - 70 - Night Elf Rogue
Darron - 70 - Dwarf Priest
Tieras - 70 - Night Elf Warrior
Cureli - 70 - Gnome Mage
Darrien - 70 - Draenei Shaman
Quirdan - 47 - Gnome Mage
Darrox - 47 - Human Paladin
Tiramen - 23 - Night Elf Hunter
Turalon - 24 - Night Elf Druid
Ithelik - 36 - Night Elf Rogue (Bank)
Zeldarin - 1 - Night Elf Priest (Bank)

Lightning's Blade:
Orrad - 38 - Undead Rogue

I'm currently leveling my Undead Rogue and I miss having him on the same server as my other characters. Even though my other guys were a different faction, I could still help him as long as the mobs were attackable by Alliance. I know I sent Darro to help Orrad on a few occasions (note that I originally had a naming convention where the opposing faction were exact opposites such as Night Elf Rogue -> Undead Rogue, which was the change that the Orb of Deception made, but now that they're moved, I'm thinking about renaming).
Unless I miscounted there, they increased char slots above 10?
 
Before I quit I was trying to decide what char to delete to make a Draeni. I had my 8 max level boys and 2 banks (a general bank and a rep/quest item bank that held among other things about 50 stacks of DI ore)
 
 
yeah, the WSG specced rogues were a huge PITA. as an alliance guy since ~startup, I spent much time in there pre Battlegroups and got to spend many an afternoon seeing the same Horde premade time and time again. Either the rogue, a warrior, or a druid huffing the flag with a priest druid and shaman chain dropping insta, HOT, and long cast heals spells; of course those three were all neglected by the rest of the PUG group whom couldn't reach the cognitive conclusion that taking them out first would be good.
 

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
32,542
260
126
My longest char to 60 took about 12.5 days, and the quickest around 9.3: all of that just normal questing and doing pretty much every low and mid level instance (Including BFD and Gnomer on each). From what I've read of the changes, I think it will be easy to do it within 6 days played or less now with the increased XP from quest and reduced XP required.
 

Cutterhead

Senior member
Jul 13, 2005
527
0
71
<--- Xanthum 70 BE Rogue on Tortheldrin

I used to raid on an Alliance warrior prior to BC, I think he is still sitting somewhere on Kalecgos around level 65. Re-rolled shortly after BC came out when a bunch of my friends got interested and decided to try out the game. Now they're all raiding with me :).
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,727
412
126
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: Xavier434
You are a machine.
Would have more but I keep quitting for a couple months :(.

PVP really kills me, because I obsess with it because I have a goal and I just want to reach it. I don't play for too many hours in a day (I used to play 10+ hours a day in PVP when the honor ranking system was around), but being that I'm alliance and playing in PUGs, you just constantly lose. When you're in AB, you spend 20 minutes just to lose. I'd rather we play smart, let them win, get our token, and use AV for honor. I'd rather spend 2 minutes per AB loss than spend 20 minutes per loss... it's just more efficient.
aliance didnt always lose, and the biggest solution to that issue was to make your own aliance premade, and roll horde pugs
thats how we got 15 people or so people to GM, our all GM AB team was a blast
 

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
29,392
423
126
Originally posted by: Xavier434
I feel your pain. WoW has always been a PvE oriented game with PvP slapped on top of it. I am convinced that will never change. I caught wind of this over two years ago and I have yet to witness it fully jump over that hurdle. That's why I chose to ignore the PvP aspect of the game and fulfill those needs with other games which don't have those kinds of problems.
Well, that's definitely true since battlegrounds did not exist when the game was released... even though they were promised for release, but I think we all know Blizzard tends to deliver late ;).

I don't hate WoW PVP entirely, but the objectives are just boring after awhile. I like the challenge of killing people, especially since PUGs don't work together well, so if I see that my PUG sucks, I'm not even going to try. Although oddly enough, I'm really in the mood to heal in a BG :eek:.

Originally posted by: lupi
Unless I miscounted there, they increased char slots above 10?
It is 10, but I play with two accounts. Originally my second account was for Horde on Lightning's Blade where the main account was for Lightning's Blade Alliance. So when I transfered, I split all the healers (Darron, Darrox, Darrien, Turalon) to another account and then created my other bank (Zeldarin) on that account since my main bank (Ithelik) is on my main account.

Originally posted by: lupi
Before I quit I was trying to decide what char to delete to make a Draeni. I had my 8 max level boys and 2 banks (a general bank and a rep/quest item bank that held among other things about 50 stacks of DI ore)
I should've had so many more characters pre-BC but I played my rogue so often :(. When WoW was out for a year, I had over 120 days played... simplifying the numbers for ease's sake, that's an average of 8 hours a day spent playing WoW :eek:.

Originally posted by: lupi
yeah, the WSG specced rogues were a huge PITA. as an alliance guy since ~startup, I spent much time in there pre Battlegroups and got to spend many an afternoon seeing the same Horde premade time and time again. Either the rogue, a warrior, or a druid huffing the flag with a priest druid and shaman chain dropping insta, HOT, and long cast heals spells; of course those three were all neglected by the rest of the PUG group whom couldn't reach the cognitive conclusion that taking them out first would be good.
I still wish they'd have druids drop the flag when they shapeshifted. It'd make things have to be so much more coordinated. Yet I think most people don't realize that Paladins are the bane of druid flag carriers. Shapeshifting doesn't remove Judgement of Justice as it specifically says that it is not considered a movement impairing effect, yet it will not allow a player to run faster than their normal speed (100% or 100% - modifiers like Stealth/Prowl). This also affects players on mounts :p.

Originally posted by: lupi
My longest char to 60 took about 12.5 days, and the quickest around 9.3: all of that just normal questing and doing pretty much every low and mid level instance (Including BFD and Gnomer on each). From what I've read of the changes, I think it will be easy to do it within 6 days played or less now with the increased XP from quest and reduced XP required.
Sadly enough, my rogue took me almost 31 days to level to 60. I really sat around and did nothing from 55 to 60 just because I was playing with other people and helping them out a bit. I still hit 60 near the end of Jan 2005 anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. But I just look at how much time on spent on him and realize that I could've had my goal of a max level of every class met if I just would've played other characters. My fastest from 1 to 60 was... I think 7.5 days or something like that, which includes First Aid and both professions being leveled to max or decently. Usually gathering professions were all leveled along the way, but stuff like blacksmithing or engineering is difficult to level at times, so they may not be maxed out.

Originally posted by: Anubis
aliance didnt always lose, and the biggest solution to that issue was to make your own aliance premade, and roll horde pugs
thats how we got 15 people or so people to GM, our all GM AB team was a blast
Well, I tried to get into one of the already premade groups, but they refused to let me in because I made too much honor one week :(. It was really cutthroat back in the day. The pre-made Alliance teams usually did decently, but I don't think the Marshal team ever beat the Horde's Warlord team on Lightning's Blade. There were some really good players that one of the teams would typically just AFK out because it wasn't worth playing an hour+ game because they were both quite skilled.

At this point, I really want to play Wrath of the Lich King. I love exploring the new areas and seeing new things even if the game mechanics (grinding to the extreme) never changes. The "new effect" is just that great for awhile :). I also want to try out the Death Knight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY