The AT World of Warcraft Thread (Where do you play) and general BS

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: abaez
I'm going to disagree. Used properly, CoH is completely awesome, and if you hit three people or more, it's as efficient as a flash heal or lower rank gheal. It just all depends on the situation. There's a good post on EJ about it that I can't get to right now that details CoH quite nicely.

Mana isn't so much of an issue now, especially with our regen, so the +mana talents to me take a backseat. And -threat is negligable, you'll never out-threat a good tank minus bloodboil possibly.

Not to say Imp DS is not worth it (especially with the 2.4 spirit changes), but when I specced DS for Kalecgos I missed CoH so much that I specced right back into it.

I rarely have to heal more than one person at a time. As I mentioned, Magister's Terrace is the first place I've had that need for AoE healing that wasn't on a 3s cast :p.

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
Originally posted by: pravi333
Originally posted by: AntiFreze
violet badge? my account got hacked and they merchanted all stuff that wasn't equipped then sold my char.

I was able to do a password reset and get it back, but didnt petition because i didnt want my account locked for a long time. This happened 2-3 months ago. How would I go about getting that badge back?

is that the kara rep badge? if so right outside the kara entrance theres a npc, i forgot the name, he/she as option that says "have you lost your badge" & that npc will replace it for you for free

Thank you very much.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
So these badges of justice are supposed to be pretty valuable? I've opened 4 SSO packs today and got 3 badges from them. Probably won't continue at this rate, but feels good so far.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: lupi
So these badges of justice are supposed to be pretty valuable? I've opened 4 SSO packs today and got 3 badges from them. Probably won't continue at this rate, but feels good so far.

you can use them to buy some pretty nice stuff
i have liek 300 of them

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: lupi

Lucky! I haven't got any from the SSO packs yet :(.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I have gotten 0 and have completed my dailies every day with exception of this past weekend.

Lupi, once your server unlocks the badge vendor, you will be able to purchase T6 quality loot with the badges. They cost a lot though. The most expensive are the weapons which are 150 a pop, but well worth it considering it doesn't require raiding or competition with other guildies.

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
I've done about 20 of the new dailies since 2.4 hit. I have gotten 0 so far. The greens are nice though, its like a double daily since the weapons merchant for 8g usually.

I have roughly 75 badges. I need 260 total for badge loot though.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Magister's Terrace was a bit easier last night than before, but still no bracers (damn you Vexallus!) I changed my UI around quite a bit to try to make it a bit more healing oriented. I also hot-keyed everything for the first time! Unfortunately, I don't have the logitech keyboard software installed, so my G15's macro keys are bound to some weird buttons (1-6, CTRL+1-CTRL+6, F1-F12) that don't necessarily work until I change it. I'd kind of like to start using those as it'd be easier to just move up a row instead of hitting control. Definitely had some issues getting my mind in the game though... started using binding heal more often (rarely had to use it in other instances), but kept having this bad habit of clicking on myself to use it (which you can't :p). Delrissa really is an annoying fight without a decent amount of CC =\.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
Certain greens are even AH worthy. Bandits can still fetch substantially more than vendor prices on my server, and even some random invokers, or even those with just 1 school of damage on them. Like a cloth cloak with 40+ nature damage I received... vendor was like 2g... sold it for 15. Would have been equal to getting 2 GPEs with a lucky DE, but this was guaranteed.

Most of the armor gets DE'd. Surprisingly, I have received about 10 badges across 4 toons doing the SSO Supplies dailies since inception. Even more crazy is I have been able to get about 5 LPSs from random crappy green DEs. I'm not complaining.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Lamont Burns
Certain greens are even AH worthy. Bandits can still fetch substantially more than vendor prices on my server, and even some random invokers, or even those with just 1 school of damage on them. Like a cloth cloak with 40+ nature damage I received... vendor was like 2g... sold it for 15. Would have been equal to getting 2 GPEs with a lucky DE, but this was guaranteed.

Most of the armor gets DE'd. Surprisingly, I have received about 10 badges across 4 toons doing the SSO Supplies dailies since inception. Even more crazy is I have been able to get about 5 LPSs from random crappy green DEs. I'm not complaining.

Ya, I DE the armor and sell the weapons either on the AH or to a vendor depending on the quality. It's nice having a regular supply of enchanting mats.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Ya, I DE the armor and sell the weapons either on the AH or to a vendor depending on the quality. It's nice having a regular supply of enchanting mats.

yea im hoping it drops the prices of LPS on the AH

i just vendor everything, im to lazy to get people to DE it for me, and im not hurting for cash either

i think my server Ner'zhul should hit phase 3 this weekend, portal is just about opened

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I DE most greens that I get and if another character gets a green while leveling and it sucks... it goes to my priest to DE. He enchants most of their gear "for free" so that's how they "pay him back" (quoting it since they're both my own characters and they can't really pay him back in a sense).

I still need to work on my enchanting though... it's only 325 and whenever someone wants an enchant, some other bastard gets to them first. It's dog eat dog out there for enchanting I tell you. I've even given away lots of higher end enchants just so I could level up!

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
I have about 400 arcane dust sitting and about 50 GPEs... selling it doesn't seem that profitable atm, maybe the badge loot will spike prices a bit and waiting on S4 for another spike.

We opened the portal on my server on Tuesday night. It's kinda cool I guess. You zone in at the 2nd quest giver hut, and there is now 1 additional daily that you can do, which requires you to use an item at 3 locations. You get 250 rep for completion and a free hearth back to Shatt.

I think we are ~70% on Phase 3 so I'm hoping this weekend as well. Looking like Monday might be more likely, not sure.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea for some reason we were really slow on the portal but fast on the phases, prob due to the acid trip quest for the portal, people posting on the wow forums that it makes them sick lol

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis
yea for some reason we were really slow on the portal but fast on the phases, prob due to the acid trip quest for the portal, people posting on the wow forums that it makes them sick lol

Weaklings! ;)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
We currently have both portals up. It's rather handy :p. I almost forgot about it yesterday when I did Magister's and was waiting for a summon 'cause I'm cheap. Then I remembered that we have the Ley Lines quest which means you have Shat->QD. But we also have QD->Shat, which I believe means that part is all done... not sure :eek:. Haven't done my dailies in awhile.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
I'm not up to snuff. I thought the portal was only a 1 way ticket? Or am I retarded. I might be retarded.

For QD to Shat I just get a party, log into MrT, leave group. Voila!

Edit: For when hearth is already on CD that is.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I'm not up to snuff. I thought the portal was only a 1 way ticket? Or am I retarded. I might be retarded.

*cough* BT Hearth Neck *cough*

15 min cooldown

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

You have to complete Ley Lines enough to make it both ways if I remember correctly. We definitely had a portal to Shattrath in the place when I took the portal to Quel'Danis, so we have both.

EDIT:

15 min cooldown

Astral Recall FTW'er :p.

Also, it costs 30s to fly back to Shatt from BT. That's 31s too much!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
then just mount fly back if you have an epic.

lol for the longest time i had my hearth set to tanaris to get to hyjal because i hated porting and flying

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

lol for the longest time i had my hearth set to tanaris to get to hyjal because i hated porting and flying

Alliance just do a quest line in Dustwallow Marsh and it give us a teleport from SW to Theramore as long as you never turn it in :p. It's a beautiful thing and no Revered status required!

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002

15 min cooldown

I can hearth to BT, then fly to Shat... or wait 60 seconds and auto end up in Shat? Seems fairly comparable to me I guess.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Alliance just do a quest line in Dustwallow Marsh and it give us a teleport from SW to Theramore as long as you never turn it in :p. It's a beautiful thing and no Revered status required!

wanna know whats funny

im still not revered with CoT so i cant take that new port LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.