The AT Battlefield 4 F.A.Q., News, and Discussion thread

Page 222 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Just got the phantom prospect assignment done tonight.

Weird thing is the text was saying get 100 kills in main battle tanks and then on the right still said 0/200. I did indeed need to get 200 MBT kills.

Seems like they updated the label but forgot to update the actual code?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Here's an easter egg on Rogue Transmission to trigger a dinosaur roar (RAWR?)

You need to synch up with a friend or a teammate because you both need to press a certain hidden button on the map at about the same time. One button is located on a blue crane near objective A the other is on a support leg of the big dish by objective E.

See this video for explanation and first button:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBM0Ds_sp4

This one shows second button and you can hear the RAWR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_4-X7cWDA

In case anyone is wondering if this has anything to do with the possibly Mastodon related easter egg hunt triggered by comments from a DICE guy in a video which is referenced in this thread couple pages back, the answer is NO according ot this comment on Youtube:

"it isnt because if you read a tweet (idk who was it but check Jack Frags vid) the dev said "Finally found MY easter egg" but i wasnt the guy (alex) in the interview. So there is still another one."

Last edited:

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I play as only an Engineer, nothing else ever. Because that is my MOS in the Marine Corps. And I have used only personal defense weapons. Even though a IA5 is my issued weapon, and it is pretty bad ass. Are carbines better in the game? For the types of weapons I use, what attachments are best? I don't know that I "feel" any difference between anything other than the sight I use.

In real life it's much easier, but in the game there are just many options with each having 6 characteristics. I don't what the best setup is. I usually don't shoot from far away. I lay down tons of mines, and use rockets to take out vehicles. I generally engage at a pretty close distance. Any help would be appreciated. There probably isn't a blanket answer as to what is the best setup, but you guys talking about different grips got me thinking about it. Right how I am on the JS2. I usually just use the latest unlock. Except flashlight, I detest them and will not use them. They're fucking unrealistic and piss me off. There is no way it would blind you in broad day light.

Last edited:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I play as only an Engineer, nothing else ever. Because that is my MOS in the Marine Corps. And I have used only personal defense weapons. Even though a IA5 is my issued weapon, and it is pretty bad ass. Are carbines better in the game? For the types of weapons I use, what attachments are best? I don't know that I "feel" any difference between anything other than the sight I use.

In real life it's much easier, but in the game there are just many options with each having 6 characteristics. I don't what the best setup is. I usually don't shoot from far away. I lay down tons of mines, and use rockets to take out vehicles. I generally engage at a pretty close distance. Any help would be appreciated. There probably isn't a blanket answer as to what is the best setup, but you guys talking about different grips got me thinking about it. Right how I am on the JS2. I usually just use the latest unlock. Except flashlight, I detest them and will not use them. They're fucking unrealistic and piss me off. There is no way it would blind you in broad day light.
IMO the carbines are definitely a step up from PDWs, with the ACW-R and ACE 52 CQB being my favorites. The carbines offer better range and accuracy, and the ACE 52 also deals heavier damage.

My preferred set up is: Coyote RDS, Green Laser, Vertical Grip, and a Flash Hider (I sometimes use a suppressor if playing Domination or TDM, where there is little UAV to give you away.)

I find this set up suits my run and gun play style very well, it has great hip fire characteristics for those sudden close quarters situations I always find myself in. I also used the carbines to unlock a lot of the kit upgrades for the Support and Recon classes. Running around as a Recon carrying a carbine, TUGS (or spawn beacon can also come in handy), and C4 is great fun.

junkiefp

Aug 2, 2006
LOL They are just digging the hole for themselves. Worst interaction between QA/ Dev I have ever seen. Every other patch makes the game worse.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
LOL They are just digging the hole for themselves. Worst interaction between QA/ Dev I have ever seen. Every other patch makes the game worse.

I've read exact opposite. They been putting out patches every Mon/Tues fixing lots of stuff for people who have problems.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I've read exact opposite. They been putting out patches every Mon/Tues fixing lots of stuff for people who have problems.

The games been pretty stable for me the whole time but I have fewer loading screen crashes now than before and stability has improved for my friends pretty much across the board, with maybe one exception. But he's hella noob too so maybe it's his fault lol.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcode”.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)

-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Some welcome fixes if everything works. :D

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
Kill trading fix would be nice- I know I had that happen a few too many times!

Will try it out tonight see if things are running smoothly

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
IMO the carbines are definitely a step up from PDWs, with the ACW-R and ACE 52 CQB being my favorites. The carbines offer better range and accuracy, and the ACE 52 also deals heavier damage.

My preferred set up is: Coyote RDS, Green Laser, Vertical Grip, and a Flash Hider (I sometimes use a suppressor if playing Domination or TDM, where there is little UAV to give you away.)

I find this set up suits my run and gun play style very well, it has great hip fire characteristics for those sudden close quarters situations I always find myself in. I also used the carbines to unlock a lot of the kit upgrades for the Support and Recon classes. Running around as a Recon carrying a carbine, TUGS (or spawn beacon can also come in handy), and C4 is great fun.

Dammit, thanks. I am just on the first carbine, going to take forever to grind away.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
wooo latest patch introduces massive texture flickering for sli/crossfire users.
That does not even begin to describe how awful it looks on my SLI setup. LOL

Thankfully disabling SLI fixes the mess and one GTX670 still gets me close to 100fps.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I love their patronizing language in reference to the "so called" "netcode" "problem"

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Kill trading fix would be nice- I know I had that happen a few too many times!

Will try it out tonight see if things are running smoothly

I would say almost 1/3rd of my kills seem to end this way. I'll either be doing way better or way worse....

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I don't think i've been killed once by a UCAV or even seen people using them. I've seen a few buzz around but nothing crazy like people keep talking about.

Lots of people don't have CR yet, and getting those jet ribbons is kinda a bitch.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Basically, angled grip is only good if your gun of choice has high first shot multiplier. OR if you are using a DMR, all of which kick like a mule, and you need to stay on target.

I like heavy barrel + angled grip. Makes for much better long range shooting. I'm not sure I'd use it in normal, but on HC where you don't need so many shots to drop someone that first accurate shot is really important.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
They must have fixed the UCAV insta-reload glitch, I couldnt get more than one to fire even after waiting several minutes this morning. At least I had fun with it while it lasted. :D

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I like heavy barrel + angled grip. Makes for much better long range shooting. I'm not sure I'd use it in normal, but on HC where you don't need so many shots to drop someone that first accurate shot is really important.

I sue a muzzle break and an angled grip. At medium and short range the initial grouping of shots is more accurate and that normally allows you to fire the 6-8 bullets you need to get the kill. At longer range you end up single or double tap shooting.

Its these short/medium range engagements I find myself in most and I have started winning a lot more of them with Angled + muzzle break than I did with angled and heavy barrel but also I found setting networking smoothing to 0% helped a great deal as well.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I just played the latest patch and that texture flashing makes multiplayer unplayable. Enemy players can hide in the ground and you just can't see anybody as there is so much movement on the screen. The patches have mostly been going backward from my perspective so far since release. While there are certainly netcode and hit registering issues my game initially started as working properly and never crashing. The penultimate patch added crashing for me on an hourly basis and the latest one has given me texture flashing. They literally went from a game that worked to one that is unplayable.

Time to fire the QA guys, that is garbage.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.

I wonder what this means. 331.82 is the latest WHQL driver. When would there be an instance where someone would be running 331.82 and an outdated driver...

And apparently the flickering is on systems with SLI or Crossfire.

Last edited:

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
I just played the latest patch and that texture flashing makes multiplayer unplayable. Enemy players can hide in the ground and you just can't see anybody as there is so much movement on the screen. The patches have mostly been going backward from my perspective so far since release. While there are certainly netcode and hit registering issues my game initially started as working properly and never crashing. The penultimate patch added crashing for me on an hourly basis and the latest one has given me texture flashing. They literally went from a game that worked to one that is unplayable.

Time to fire the QA guys, that is garbage.

your experiences do not reflect EVERYONE though :rolleyes:

I wonder what this means. 331.82 is the latest WHQL driver. When would there be an instance where someone would be running 331.82 and an outdated driver...

And apparently the flickering is on systems with SLI or Crossfire.

damn it. DAMN IT. Guess I'll find out