The AT Battlefield 4 F.A.Q., News, and Discussion thread

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
So apparently I'm not suppose to play tonight. I keep crashing with the sound loop after 5 minutes of being in game :/

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Anyone notice the servers being empty lately? All my usual servers have 0 players.

Sometimes I see the same thing on ps4 even when I refresh or set filters for conquest. Usually happens without any filters too. Although the other night there was a 700mb update which seemed to help.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
I hate to be the pessimist, but this game was broke from the start and then went completely to shit. I will still be playing only because I'm afraid to jump into the lifekilling game known as Skyrim.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
So far I haven't had crashing issues with the game, I seem to be rather lucky on that regard. But last might all the servers seemed to be crashing quite frequently.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Flying an Airburst CUAV right inside the door of a full transport chopper in flight = EPIC AWESOMESAUCE! :awe:

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
EA has definitely added an unwelcome feature in the recent patch. Up to now I hadn't been crashing but now its locking up the PC about every hour. Wonderful.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I don't think i've been killed once by a UCAV or even seen people using them. I've seen a few buzz around but nothing crazy like people keep talking about.

satsau

Aug 11, 2011
I used silencer recently, but feels like I get outgunned in CQ. It also takes more bullets to kill an opponent.

But it's nice when you sneak up on 2-3 guys and you take them down because they don't know where I am.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I think the way to balance ucav is to reveal the location of the user and reduce in flight speed.
I was tagged as an HVT nearly a whole game yesterday while using the UCAV and no one touched me. LOL

My team was dominating the area I was in and I took out every chopper that came within my range. One guy kept trying to get to me on foot but IDK if my commander had a UAV over me or if another team mate kept spotting him, but he was always on my radar and I was ready for him each time he came around. The language he used and names he called me were not pretty. :D

I think the UCAV needs to be a one use item like the SUAV, or at least give it a really long reload time. One thing is for sure, this insta-load glitch needs to fixed ASAP!

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I used silencer recently, but feels like I get outgunned in CQ. It also takes more bullets to kill an opponent.

But it's nice when you sneak up on 2-3 guys and you take them down because they don't know where I am.

Suppressors don't change the damage characteristics for bullet. It only affects the bullet velocity, drop and adds a bit of hip fire spread when standing. So you may want to experiment with what weapons suppressors work best on.

I personally like it on high ROF weapons (ACW-R, M416) as you can get a lot of bullets down range before they can react.

Same applies to the Heavy Barrel. It only changes the first shot accuracy with a heavy penalty to recoil. No damage change like BF3 did.

satsau

Aug 11, 2011
Suppressors don't change the damage characteristics for bullet. It only affects the bullet velocity, drop and adds a bit of hip fire spread when standing. So you may want to experiment with what weapons suppressors work best on.

I personally like it on high ROF weapons (ACW-R, M416) as you can get a lot of bullets down range before they can react.

Same applies to the Heavy Barrel. It only changes the first shot accuracy with a heavy penalty to recoil. No damage change like BF3 did.

Felt like it to me. I went back to using muzzle brake with the AK-12.
I will experiment some with your rec'd ROF weapons. Thanks!

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Suppressors are pointless in this game. You show up on UAV 90% of the time so there is no reason to use them. Just make your bullets slower.

I stick to muzzle break and angled grip on everything. Guns feel more accurate that way.

Last edited:

taq8ojh

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
Basically, angled grip is only good if your gun of choice has high first shot multiplier. OR if you are using a DMR, all of which kick like a mule, and you need to stay on target.

Muzzle break lowers vertical recoil while adding to spread, which lowers accuracy from pure mathematic point of view. On SOME guns it might be beneficial though, if they have so horrible vertical recoil you can't stay on target. Hitting something>hitting nothing, obviously. There's only a handful of such guns though.
Compensator is much better choice though. It adds to spread as well, but lowers horizontal recoil, which cannot be compensated for in any way (unless you use cheats, but that's out of question I guess).

P.S. The spread is actually spread increase, so if you are bursting rather than magdumping, compensator is hands down winner in everything.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Feels is the word. Unfortunately it's as far from reality as can be. I suggest you head over to symthic and see some numbers.

OK so I did. All the accuracy plots show muzzle brake and angled have the best accuracy. Am I reading the plots wrong?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
When you are talking about barrels you have to consider the grip.
If you tap fire like me with all guns the muzzle break and angled grip is no recoil all shots hit.

It depends on your shooting style. IMO you should be bursting more often than not. That means you suffer first shot recoil more frequently, reducing it is more beneficial to this play style vs magdumping.

Also, muzzle brake and compensator both suffer the same -30% accuracy; not drift or climb. This causes your accuracy plot to increase both vertical and horizontal, while reducing the vertical/horizontal drift depending on the barrel. The stubby/potato grip reduces this penalty to -15% accuracy+33% less ADS spread.

If you are shooting in bursts go muzzle/compensator then angled or stubby based on the weapon.