News Teens in Make America Great Again hats taunted a Native American elder at the Lincoln Memorial

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
You have circular logic.

5677541B.jpg

Is this blackface?
#7...yes. #3...no.

Reactions: soundforbjt

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Maybe because their school colors are Blue & White...Black is NOT part of their school colors.
Context does matter.
Again, it's due to the game being a blackout game. It's established that they do this for blackout, whiteout, and blueout games. Are you denying this? That's profoundly ignorant. Did you even bother checking the video on Snopes or the 2015 thread that the 2012 image came from? Perhaps you should before taking such a hardline position against reality.

Video:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covington-catholic-black-paint/

2015 thread:
http://archive.fo/5yaPH

Lol...OK...soooo what is the "context" of the kid in the front directly confronting the black player with the white power sign?
Your blatant confirmation bias combined with their cheering section's known penchant for harassing the other team's inbounders the same way regardless of race? It's their calling card. It's why they are called "The Colonel Crazies."

Yeah and the white lips were for the "blackout game"
I shouldn't have to explain this, but the reason you see white lips and eyes is because you can see their original skin color in the places they didn't paint or the places they painted with an alternate color. The fact that it's white runs completely counter to the idea that this is obvious blackface, since blackface would have used red, orange, etc to exaggerate African characteristics. One kid even used this to give himself a Joker face, which has nothing to do with mocking large lips.

Whether someone is maliciously using blackface to mock/caricature black people or innocently smearing paint all over their body for a completely different reason, they usually want to avoid getting it in their lips and eyes. It is circular reasoning to imply that they did this specifically to invoke blackface, especially in light of the context (that they do this with blackout, whiteout, and blueout games regardless of the other team's racial make-up).

Either you are fooling yourself or hiding your own racism.

Again, I never called for that kid to be punched.
Wow. Not even remotely ashamed to scream "racist" when you don't like the truth. You're a walking, talking, Internet-using caricature of everything that is wrong with public discourse today. Resorting to unfounded accusations of racism to win a debate is every bit as shameful as using the "everyone I don't like is Hitler" tactic and you should be more self-conscious of it. Have you no shame? To anyone rational watching your exchange, it's basically seen as a forfeit. You ran out of rational arguments and tried to shame me away from correcting or disagreeing with you. That's not how things are supposed to work.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Again, it's due to the game being a blackout game. It's established that they do this for blackout, whiteout, and blueout games. Are you denying this? That's profoundly ignorant. Did you even bother checking the video on Snopes or the 2015 thread that the 2012 image came from? Perhaps you should before taking such a hardline position against reality.

Video:

2015 thread:

Your blatant confirmation bias combined with their cheering section's known penchant for harassing the other team's inbounders the same way regardless of race? It's their calling card. It's why they are called "The Colonel Crazies."

I shouldn't have to explain this, but the reason you see white lips and eyes is because you can see their original skin color in the places they didn't paint or the places they painted with an alternate color. The fact that it's white runs completely counter to the idea that this is obvious blackface, since blackface would have used red, orange, etc to exaggerate African characteristics. One kid even used this to give himself a Joker face, which has nothing to do with mocking large lips.

Whether someone is maliciously using blackface to mock/caricature black people or innocently smearing paint all over their body for a completely different reason, they usually want to avoid getting it in their lips and eyes. It is circular reasoning to imply that they did this specifically to invoke blackface, especially in light of the context (that they do this with blackout, whiteout, and blueout games regardless of the other team's racial make-up).

Wow. Not even remotely ashamed to scream "racist" when you don't like the truth. You're a walking, talking, Internet-using caricature of everything that is wrong with public discourse today. This is every bit as shameful as "everyone I don't like is Hitler" and you should be more self-conscious of it. to anyone rational watching your exchange, it's basically seen as a forfeit. You ran out of rational arguments and trued to shame me away from correcting or disagreeing with you. That's not how things are supposed to work.
Still doesn't explain their behavior towards the women or the Native American elder by doing the tomahawk chop.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Still doesn't explain their behavior towards the women or the Native American elder by doing the tomahawk chop.
Whataboutism.

The kids in the “ZOMG: Blackface!” picture were attending the school in 2012. They are not the people you saw at this rally. They would have graduated years ago.

I responded to something that deserved a response because it kept ignorantly persisting despite all indications (reality) pointing another way. Not sure why that obligates me to address or defend others for unrelated issues you are bringing up here. Your arguments there are stronger when you stop barking up the wrong tree about blackface from other students from the same school in 2012. It undermines his credibility if he continues to use that 2012 picture to argue for the degeneracy of the other kids you’re talking about here. If anything, I’m helping to steel his and your position on that matter.

Reactions: Pipeline 1010

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

They are 16. At 16, some guy walks up to you and starts beating a drum and chanting, you might find that funny and be a dismissive 16yo. That is what young people do. Not just boys, but girls as well.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Video:

2015 thread:

Wow. Not even remotely ashamed to scream "racist" when you don't like the truth. You're a walking, talking, Internet-using caricature of everything that is wrong with public discourse today. This is every bit as shameful as "everyone I don't like is Hitler" and you should be more self-conscious of it. to anyone rational watching your exchange, it's basically seen as a forfeit. You ran out of rational arguments and trued to shame me away from correcting or disagreeing with you. That's not how things are supposed to work.

To them, putting black on their face, even when not trying to mimic Black people is offensive.

Nov 8, 2012
More of the innocent misunderstood children.

Dude you guys are just searching far and wide combing through hours and hours of videos to try to find ANYTHING you can scrub for ANYTHING slightly wrong. You're doing this because your initial message of kids in MAGA hats getting in the face of a poor native american marine veteran didn't work out. So now you're just scrubbing up and down up and down hoping to find something.

"OH OH! At 43:56 this high school kid called someone a doo-doo head! CASTRATE THEM!"

You guys were just perfect little snowflake angels when you grew up right?

You never said ANYTHING stupid. You never said a dick comment. You NEVER got in trouble. Riight?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
They are 16. At 16, some guy walks up to you and starts beating a drum and chanting, you might find that funny and be a dismissive 16yo. That is what young people do. Not just boys, but girls as well.
So harassing the girls is explained how, by their age? Are they not attending a rich Catholic school where they are taught to be good Christians? Are those examples of good Christian behavior?

Last edited:
Reactions: greatnoob

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Dude you guys are just searching far and wide combing through hours and hours of videos to try to find ANYTHING you can scrub for ANYTHING slightly wrong. You're doing this because your initial message of kids in MAGA hats getting in the face of a poor native american marine veteran didn't work out. So now you're just scrubbing up and down up and down hoping to find something.

"OH OH! At 43:56 this high school kid called someone a doo-doo head! CASTRATE THEM!"

You guys were just perfect little snowflake angels when you grew up right?

You never said ANYTHING stupid. You never said a dick comment. You NEVER got in trouble. Riight?
And the other side isn't searching for things to vindicate them? Hypocrite. I got in trouble, but never for anything like that.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So harassing the girls is explained how, by their age? Are they not attending a rich Catholic school where the are taught to be good Christians? Are those examples of good Christian behavior?

God yes its explained by their age. I don't know the harassing girls part though. I know of the racist group, the Indians, and the school kids.

But, young kids doing mildly bad things is not unheard of. Its not a justification and does not make it okay, but, it is a mitigating factor 100%. Given how the kids were treated by grown ass adults, I actually think they did quite well.

If that had been kids from my public school, it would not have gone as well. I did grow up in a high crime, high poverty area so maybe my school is not the best example. But, I saw fights start over far less.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Good thing I never said you called for the kid to be punched. Perhaps you mixed me up with someone else?

As for the white lips, they look more like a Lucha Libre theme to me, but, I grew up around Mexicans. To me, the fact that the mouth and eyes come to those points more closely looks like a Lucha Libre style.

I personally have never seen blackface with the white features coming to a point. Further, Blackface needs to include mocking Black people. Painting yourself in black for a blackout theme is not doing that.
Blackout or Lucha Libre make up your mind. Oh I have one how about a reverse Juggalo??

And the excuses just keep coming

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Probably someone trying to be funny. At least I hope that is what it was.
Oh now their behavior is comedy..

I have another joke for you, what do call a darkie hanging from a tree? A dead darkie.

Funny shit ain't it??

Nov 8, 2012
And the other side isn't searching for things to vindicate them? Hypocrite. I got in trouble, but never for anything like that.

I GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE you and just about everyone here yelled a dick comment to a random woman at some point in your life. Might been in public. Might have been at a college party. Might have been at a bar.

Your ignorance of your own immaturity just tells me you're still in that phase. Also, finding clips of where ONE kid (whom you can't even verify if they are in the school or not) said ONE dick comment, doesn't justify condemning the entire class you ignorant twat.

No one is searching for vindicating them. Everyone on the right even fully admitted that in the initial video they looked like little dickheads. The difference is we didn't say that they should be condemned, expelled from school, dox'd, etc...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE you and just about everyone here yelled a dick comment to a random woman at some point in your life. Might been in public. Might have been at a college party. Might have been at a bar.

Your ignorance of your own immaturity just tells me you're still in that phase. Also, finding clips of where ONE kid (whom you can't even verify if they are in the school or not) said ONE dick comment, doesn't justify condemning the entire class you ignorant twat.

No one is searching for vindicating them. Everyone on the right even fully admitted that in the initial video they looked like little dickheads. The difference is we didn't say that they should be condemned, expelled from school, dox'd, etc...

lol. Everyone yells rape is fun at women. duh...

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Oh now their behavior is comedy..

I have another joke for you, what do call a darkie hanging from a tree? A dead darkie.

Funny shit ain't it??

Its not a joke I find funny, but, do you not know that some people tell and enjoy offensive jokes?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

I'd bet I'm older than you, it's the school's decision to expel them, not mine . It was a group of boys harassing the girls, not one and one of them had his MAGA hat on. I've never yelled a dick comment to a woman anywhere, If you have that's on you. I was raised better.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Blackout or Lucha Libre make up your mind. Oh I have one how about a reverse Juggalo??

And the excuses just keep coming

Why could that kid not be inspired to do Lucha Libre for his makeup during a Blackout game? Why are those mutually exclusive? How do you know that the kid is not into that, or, perhaps he is part Mexican and enjoyed the culture?

You are looking at a single photo and loading it with a perspective of racism that could easily be wrong.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Its not a joke I find funny, but, do you not know that some people tell and enjoy offensive jokes?
I also love offensive jokes but there was no context in them extolling the virtues of forced sex.

That's why Michael Richards got in so much trouble.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And here we have a situation where people who feel that a group of youths who did nothing wrong were smeared by an e-mob have amassed their own e-mob to smear a Native American veteran who did nothing wrong.

Meanwhile, the Brazillian troll who started this whole thing is laughing their head off.

Nov 8, 2012
And here we have a situation where people who feel that a group of youths who did nothing wrong were smeared by an e-mob have amassed their own e-mob to smear a Native American veteran who did nothing wrong.

Meanwhile, the Brazillian troll who started this whole thing is laughing their head off.

1. No one is saying the kids did nothing wrong. No one. Name any post here. Everyone universally agrees that they look like smug dickheads - which is rather somewhat normal for pre-teen boys that are obviously due for hitting some kind of puberty

2. No one is trying to "smear" the Native American. Some people have asked some obvious questions such as... "Are you sure he is a veteran considering his age doesn't line up with when the war occurred?". If you're indicating that we shouldn't be questioning him then you're one ignorant person if you just believe everything that comes out of people's mouths immediately.