Teenager shot dead after playing loud music

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2009
I wasn't aware Dunn's trial already had a guilty verdict. But go ahead and troll some more Einstein.

Just like the last race baiter case, he came to his conclusion after knowing approx 2 facts about the situation and is now twisting the details to fit his conclusion.

It's the crumponite MO.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
A verbal threat against your life is a forcible felony and covered by florida law. I've explained this to you, it has to be a direct and imminent threat to your life and you have to reasonably believe they mean to carry it out. Disparity of force counts as a weapon in this case to back up the verbal, direct, credible and imminent threats to his life in his occupied vehicle.

You are right, but wrong. Florida law does allow the use of force if the verbal threat is one of imminent harm. And threat is longer valid when the the danger has passed. There was no weapon found and he shot the victims while they were in the car. So even if there was threat, with the lack of a weapon, the verbal threat in this case does not present itself as imminent danger.

He is going to go to prison just like the pharmacist who shot the robber again, even though he wasn't moving. Zimmerman may walk free, but this guy is surely going up the river, unless some evidence comes along that supports a weapon was in that vehicle.

Sep 7, 2009
You are right, but wrong. Florida law does allow the use of force if the verbal threat is one of imminent harm. And threat is longer valid when the the danger has passed. There was no weapon found and he shot the victims while they were in the car. So even if there was threat, with the lack of a weapon, the verbal threat in this case does not present itself as imminent danger.

He is going to go to prison just like the pharmacist who shot the robber again, even though he wasn't moving. Zimmerman may walk free, but this guy is surely going up the river, unless some evidence comes along that supports a weapon was in that vehicle.

Let's wait until we see the gas station video.

So far evidence shows that the group, including felons and on probation, left their vehicle to attack dunn. This on top of verbal threats of life is plenty enough to defend yourself.

Would you rather dunn have waited until they dragged him out of the vehicle before defending himself??

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

So far evidence shows that the group, including felons and on probation, left their vehicle to attack dunn. This on top of verbal threats of life is plenty enough to defend yourself.

Would you rather dunn have waited until they dragged him out of the vehicle before defending himself??

Wrong, even if they left their vehicle, once they returned to the vehicle there was no threat. And that is what Florida law says, not me.

Sep 7, 2009
Wrong, even if they left their vehicle, once they returned to the vehicle there was no threat. And that is what Florida law says, not me.

From what we know, they opened the doors and were getting out of the vehicle when dunn defended himself.

Like I said, wait for the video before trying to mold the details to fit your conclusion. You might end up embarrassed... again... about how your heros behaved themselves that night.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

So now you've gone from a "violent felon" to multiple felons, I suppose they'll have tens of thousands of stolen jewelry with them next! :eek:

Sep 7, 2009
So now you've gone from a "violent felon" to multiple felons, I suppose they'll have tens of thousands of stolen jewelry with them next! :eek:

Oh sorry just one felon in the SUV, who was violating his probation just by being out (IE he doesn't care about laws or the justice system) along with spending his time with a minor.

There, corrected for you.

Stop derailing the thread. You've already been embarrassed enough in the other one, you really want to bring that here?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Oh sorry just one felon in the SUV, who was violating his probation just by being out (IE he doesn't care about laws or the justice system) along with spending his time with a minor.

There, corrected for you.

Stop derailing the thread. You've already been embarrassed enough in the other one, you really want to bring that here?

And guess what, the "felon" was driving, not allegedly pointing the "shotgun", not initially (if ever) verbally assualting Dunn, yet you ASSume he's the bad influence & instigator.

EDIT: Was the "felon" charged with violating his probation ? If not please refrain from "creating" facts that you have no proof or charges of.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
And guess what, the "felon" was driving, not allegedly pointing the "shotgun", not initially (if ever) verbally assualting Dunn, yet you ASSume he's the bad influence & instigator.

Rofl....

Look.... If you're running with felons, don't be surprised when some stupid crap like this happens.

No kidding.... A lot of you are really clueless as to how society works.

Sep 7, 2009
And he was an influence. He was violating his probation just by being out after curfew. You think he's going to ignore that part of it, but follow the part that doesn't allow him to be around guns??

;)

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
And he was an influence. He was violating his probation just by being out after curfew. You think he's going to ignore that part of it, but follow the part that doesn't allow him to be around guns??

;)

What was his curfew time? Has he been charged with violating it by police or the court? No gun has been found.

Sep 7, 2009
What was his curfew time? Has he been charged with violating it by police or the court? No gun has been found.

Lol thus in your mind it didn't exist.

The crew left the gas station. They weren't going trick or treating, and they will need to have a GOOD answer as to what they were doing.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

The crew left the gas station. They weren't going trick or treating, and they will need to have a GOOD answer as to what they were doing.

Maybe looking for a hospital, then realizing or hearing him die, they went back to the scene.

Has the "felon" been charged with probation violation or not?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
How is Tommie able to "violate" his probation by being at the Gas station and Spatial is the only one that "knows" about it?

lmao.

What are you going to tell us next, they were filling up their tank at the station so they could transport drugs across State lines?

Sep 7, 2009
How is Tommie able to "violate" his probation by being at the Gas station and Spatial is the only one that "knows" about it?

lmao.

What are you going to tell us next, they were filling up their tank at the station so they could transport drugs across State lines?

I read somewhere, I believe one of dunn's new lawyer statements, that the felon had a curfew as part of his probation.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If the video hasen't been released how can there be evidence??

Maybe just your bias projecting.

A drunk rednecks story when he had a day or two to craft his story is hardly evidence.

Sep 7, 2009
Sep 7, 2009
So this proves Dunn was innocent? :\

WTF are you talking about... I simply stated that there was at least one felon in the car, and he clearly had no respect for his felony probation considering the fact that he was already obviously violating it.

It's like I said... they sit this felon down and start charging him and he might just roll on what exactly happened. You might want to wait before you play your cards considering how the last case turned out.

Sep 7, 2009
I mean how is he going to explain this to the judge during the probation hearings..

"B-b-b-b-but judge, we were only out getting arizona tea and skittles, and I know I was violating my probation by being out b-b-but we didn't have a gun I swear"

ROFL.....

When you get into a car with a known felon, gun(s), looking for trouble.. And find trouble.... don't be surprised.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I mean how is he going to explain this to the judge during the probation hearings..

"B-b-b-b-but judge, we were only out getting arizona tea and skittles, and I know I was violating my probation by being out b-b-but we didn't have a gun I swear"

ROFL.....

When you get into a car with a known felon, gun(s), looking for trouble.. And find trouble.... don't be surprised.

Where's the gun?

And how is Dunn going to explain taking off knowing he killed someone the next day and fleeing again?

As mentioned already, a local defense attorney commented based on the number of witnesses present, Dunn will see life in jail. But keep on making up your lies, it hasn't stopped you yet.

The guilty don't stick around the scene of the crime and the innocent don't flee.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

From an earlier link when Dunn got murder in the first charge:
The teenagers in the car told him they pulled away from the store to flee the hail of bullets but returned when they saw Mr. Davis had been injured.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
From an earlier link when Dunn got murder in the first charge:

Why go back to the gas station and then call police for an injured friend? Why not continue driving to the hospital? Why not just stop right where they are when they "noticed" the injury and call an ambulance and wait for it there?

And really? you aren't going to notice the screaming of your buddy the MOMENT the bullet lands from inside the same vehicle? I promise you Jordan wasn't staying quite and was probably screaming something along the lines of "OH GOD OH GOD HE SHOT ME!"

Just as it's very suspicious that Dunn drove off without later calling police at all, it's very suspicious the teens drove off with an injured friend in their car and then more so that they came back before calling for an ambulance.