Teenager shot dead after playing loud music

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 26, 2007
Why go back to the gas station and then call police for an injured friend? Why not continue driving to the hospital? Why not just stop right where they are when they "noticed" the injury and call an ambulance and wait for it there?

And really? you aren't going to notice the screaming of your buddy the MOMENT the bullet lands from inside the same vehicle? I promise you Jordan wasn't staying quite and was probably screaming something along the lines of "OH GOD OH GOD HE SHOT ME!"

Just as it's very suspicious that Dunn drove off without later calling police at all, it's very suspicious the teens drove off with an injured friend in their car and then more so that they came back before calling for an ambulance.

If someone starts shooting at you it's suspicious if you drive off?

It's suspicious that they called an ambulance rather than drive him themselves?

Under fire without training there is little telling what anyone will do, trust me when i tell you that most people do not act rationally in such a situation. I honestly think that they behaved more rationally than most people would in this situation.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004

Under fire without training there is little telling what anyone will do, trust me when i tell you that most people do not act rationally in such a situation. I honestly think that they behaved more rationally than most people would in this situation.

That's because they're thugs, and used to being shot at. ;)

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

They drove off AFTER Dunn did. So yes it is suspicious they drove off when they did. If they had when he was shooting that would be different. But they drove off AFTER.

Jun 26, 2007
They drove off AFTER Dunn did. So yes it is suspicious they drove off when they did. If they had when he was shooting that would be different. But they drove off AFTER.

Read my post again, you seem to have missed everything i wrote in it and instead you made up something i didn't write and answered that.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Read my post again, you seem to have missed everything i wrote in it and instead you made up something i didn't write and answered that.

What???

You wrote and I quote

And I answered, that if they drove off while being shot out or while Dunn was still there, then it would not be suspicious at all.

They drove off minutes AFTER Dunn had left the scene. They were not under fire. They did not call the cops or for an ambulance immediately or even call for help. After Dunn leaves they wait for a few minutes. Then they drive off. Gone for about 10 minutes according to police. Came back. And THEN called for cops and an ambulance. Which made it all way too late for their friend. If anything, denying Jordan immediate medical attention when shot makes them all accessories to murder IF Dunn gets it too.

The fact that their were to drive off minutes after Dunn left the scene and come back is suspicious as hell.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What???

They drove off minutes AFTER Dunn had left the scene. They were not under fire. They did not call the cops or for an ambulance immediately or even call for help. After Dunn leaves they wait for a few minutes. Then they drive off. Gone for about 10 minutes according to police. Came back. And THEN called for cops and an ambulance. Which made it all way too late for their friend. If anything, denying Jordan immediate medical attention when shot makes them all accessories to murder IF Dunn gets it too.

The fact that their were to drive off minutes after Dunn left the scene and come back is suspicious as hell.

What do you guys on Team Dunn have against posting sources?

Jun 26, 2007
What???

You wrote and I quote

And I answered, that if they drove off while being shot out or while Dunn was still there, then it would not be suspicious at all.

Read my post again, it's clear that you don't understand what i wrote, i meant it exactly as it's written.

It doesn't matter if they were *still* being shot at, i would imagine that it would take them some time to regain composure to drive away, nor is it certain that they knew the shooter had already left.

You have yet to understand what i was saying and i have little hope that any explanation will make it clearer to you since you've settled exactly how they were thinking and exactly what happened in your mind.

Read the last part of my post and understand that i'm not trying to contradict anything you are saying, i'm merely suggesting that the situation was such that rational decisions cannot and should not be expected to be made. There is little suspicious about that.

I do like how you actually imagine in your brain that it's their fault Davis died, it takes quite a bit of mental gymnastics to get there but you're determined to do it no matter what. You know why? In your brain they are guilty even if proven innocent at this point in time, you've already decided that they are guilty.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Read my post again, it's clear that you don't understand what i wrote, i meant it exactly as it's written.

It doesn't matter if they were *still* being shot at, i would imagine that it would take them some time to regain composure to drive away, nor is it certain that they knew the shooter had already left.

You have yet to understand what i was saying and i have little hope that any explanation will make it clearer to you since you've settled exactly how they were thinking and exactly what happened in your mind.

Read the last part of my post and understand that i'm not trying to contradict anything you are saying, i'm merely suggesting that the situation was such that rational decisions cannot and should not be expected to be made. There is little suspicious about that.

I do like how you actually imagine in your brain that it's their fault Davis died, it takes quite a bit of mental gymnastics to get there but you're determined to do it no matter what. You know why? In your brain they are guilty even if proven innocent at this point in time, you've already decided that they are guilty.

LOL, people do stupid things when under pressure. Not usually when it's over. I've been shot at and been held at gun point. I was in the military. I've been in high pressure situations where moments count for life or death as a lifeguard. Yes, some people turn to complete jelly for brains when under a high pressure situation. Many more don't. That doesn't mean that a person will know what the right action to take is, but most people are still very rational under even high pressure situations. To drive off and come back BEFORE calling the cops. Also to the exact same spot on the original crime scene shows an intent to do that. That is a rational decision made there that is VERY suspicious of anyone doing that.

Do I think it's possible 1 of those teens would have made an irrational stupid set of decisions under that pressure they received? Sure. But all 3? And one was rational enough to DRIVE safely away and back again. That is where your argument falls apart. They drove off for 10 minutes before calling the cops or seeking help of any sort.

With those details, which I admit are sketchy from a preliminary police report, show to me that those kids had something to hide before the cops arrived. What that something was I have no idea. Perhaps a shotgun? Perhaps a toy shotgun? Maybe just some drugs? Who knows. And it COULD be that it was just piss poor decisions made made in a series. To wait until Dunn left before driving off. To stay away from the crime scene for 10 minutes. To come back and then call the cops/ambulance. To not seek immediate medical attention for Jordan. Yes those actions could have been all just horrible stupid decisions. However, it is my opinion they had something to hide.

As SpatiallyAware pointed out, Tommie Stormes was out on probation and was currently in violation of his probation at the time of the shooting when it occurred. What was a felon breaking probation out doing riding around with those guys?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
What???

You wrote and I quote

Link to this evidence?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Link to this evidence?

I posted it earlier. There was a transcript, since the original video was editted out, from Dunn's original lawyer referencing an early police report. That report has since been pulled by the State attorney as evidence in an ON GOING investigation. Full details of the case weren't released, just some public conference info. Which is why I said what we KNOW is sketchy for now.

Trust me, when I make statements like this, it's because I've done my homework on it. Even the new attorney, in the link I posted recently, references the teens leaving the scene as well the attorney representing Jordan's family.

I did stipulate that this isn't 100% proven. It could all have been wrongly worded press release or something spouted out by the police without all the facts known since it was an early release.

Again, we'll have to wait and see what the evidence discovery process starts what the real story is.

Jun 26, 2007
LOL, people do stupid things when under pressure. Not usually when it's over. I've been shot at and been held at gun point. I was in the military. I've been in high pressure situations where moments count for life or death as a lifeguard. Yes, some people turn to complete jelly for brains when under a high pressure situation. Many more don't. That doesn't mean that a person will know what the right action to take is, but most people are still very rational under even high pressure situations. To drive off and come back BEFORE calling the cops. Also to the exact same spot on the original crime scene shows an intent to do that. That is a rational decision made there that is VERY suspicious of anyone doing that.

Do I think it's possible 1 of those teens would have made an irrational stupid set of decisions under that pressure they received? Sure. But all 3? And one was rational enough to DRIVE safely away and back again. That is where your argument falls apart. They drove off for 10 minutes before calling the cops or seeking help of any sort.

With those details, which I admit are sketchy from a preliminary police report, show to me that those kids had something to hide before the cops arrived. What that something was I have no idea. Perhaps a shotgun? Perhaps a toy shotgun? Maybe just some drugs? Who knows. And it COULD be that it was just piss poor decisions made made in a series. To wait until Dunn left before driving off. To stay away from the crime scene for 10 minutes. To come back and then call the cops/ambulance. To not seek immediate medical attention for Jordan. Yes those actions could have been all just horrible stupid decisions. However, it is my opinion they had something to hide.

As SpatiallyAware pointed out, Tommie Stormes was out on probation and was currently in violation of his probation at the time of the shooting when it occurred. What was a felon breaking probation out doing riding around with those guys?

Since you keep ignoring my posts i don't know what to respond to. I have already answered everything in this post before you wrote it as a reply, refer to my previous posts as answers to this one too.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I posted it earlier. There was a transcript, since the original video was editted out, from Dunn's original lawyer referencing an early police report. That report has since been pulled by the State attorney as evidence in an ON GOING investigation. Full details of the case weren't released, just some public conference info. Which is why I said what we KNOW is sketchy for now.

Trust me, when I make statements like this, it's because I've done my homework on it. Even the new attorney, in the link I posted recently, references the teens leaving the scene as well the attorney representing Jordan's family.

I did stipulate that this isn't 100% proven. It could all have been wrongly worded press release or something spouted out by the police without all the facts known since it was an early release.

Again, we'll have to wait and see what the evidence discovery process starts what the real story is.

:biggrin: You're just as bad as SA. Jesus. You post early in the thread about not speculating, etc. And what do you do? Pathetic hypocrite.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Since you keep ignoring my posts i don't know what to respond to. I have already answered everything in this post before you wrote it as a reply, refer to my previous posts as answers to this one too.

LOL, I am not ignoring your posts. You are ignoring mine.

In your first post, you made reference TWICE that they acted the way they were UNDER FIRE. You stated it twice. I corrected you TWICE and stated those actions were taken NOT under fire.

I also stated that you are completely incorrect by your statement that MOST people do not act rationally under fire. Which I took to really mean high pressure which it is. It's been proven MOST people act completely rationally under high pressure. Even life or death situations. Very few people turn into the mental equivalent of a jello mold as you see idiot actors in films portray.

Most people act rationally, and rationally choose actions the think is best for a given situation. Since most people are trained on right or wrong actions for a given high pressure situation, their rational may not be the correct ones. However, the actions they take are made from a rational and logical thought pattern sequence. This is a proven thing for sane adults. Those with mental disorders may or may not act rationally regardless of a given situation being high pressure or not. Knowing the rational thought pattern to a given individual explains their actions in any situation.

Again people act rationally. Whether that is to hide, run, or fight; those actions are taken based on the rational thought pattern and experience of a given person for any given situation. How they go about it is also something that can be determined very accurately based on intimate knowledge of a person.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
There was a transcript, since the original video was editted out, from Dunn's original lawyer referencing an early police report. That report has since been pulled by the State attorney as evidence in an ON GOING investigation. Full details of the case weren't released, just some public conference info.

How convinient..LMAO

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
:biggrin: You're just as bad as SA. Jesus. You post early in the thread about not speculating, etc. And what do you do? Pathetic hypocrite.

I did NOT post about not speculating. I stated based off known public evidence, of which a preliminary police report to the public would fall under that category. I never stated emphatically that the teens had a gun. I stated WHAT they did by referencing that report. I also stated that those actions are high suspicious. I then state that my opinion of them driving off is because they had something to hide as that makes very logical sense to me.

My only speculation based off released evidence from appointed justice officials, of which lawyers are appointed officials, is my opinion that the teens were hiding something when they drove off initially.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
So basically I am to take Dunn's lawyers statements as fact here. One question, can anyone bring up 1 case ever where a lawyer said their client was guilty? I'm sure the fact that Dunn's lawyers only are saying things that make Dunn look like the victim here who had no choice but to shoot have nothing to do with the fact they are his lawyer.

They Live

Oct 23, 2012
HumblePie made the assertion in an earlier post that you can shoot someone for playing very loud music if the local laws in that area state that playing loud music is a felony.

Where this happened, was playing loud music considered a felony?

It would be interesting if it was, and whether Mr. Dunn would use that as part of his defense.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
HumblePie made the assertion in an earlier post that you can shoot someone for playing very loud music if the local laws in that area state that playing loud music is a felony.

It would be interesting if it was, and whether Mr. Dunn would use that as part of his defense.

I'm going out on a limb : in no jurisdiction is violating a noise ordinance a felony.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

I didn't make that assertion. Not at all. Go read what I actually stated before you try to change what was said to an incorrect statement.

They Live

Oct 23, 2012
I didn't make that assertion. Not at all. Go read what I actually stated before you try to change what was said to an incorrect statement.

Seems like you are stating that here:

Which basically chances are by playing that music loud enough at the gas station, those kids were in fact breaking the law. At a minimum of disturbing the peace of unlawful assembly. Depending upon the local laws for that area. Speaking of which, if the local laws of that area make playing loud music like that a FELONY, he has every right to shoot them. Silly as that sounds, but that's SYG law for you.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
From what we know, they opened the doors and were getting out of the vehicle when dunn defended himself.

Like I said, wait for the video before trying to mold the details to fit your conclusion. You might end up embarrassed... again... about how your heros behaved themselves that night.

I am a patient man, in the end, I will laugh last.....................