Teaser trailer for Star Trek: Picard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Finished watching episode one a few minutes ago and I enjoyed it ... a couple awkward dialogue moments and seems like some liberties will be taken with Trekkie "canon" (lol) but aside from that off to a good start.

Unfortunately without spoilers can't really discuss further for now but IMO worth a watch.
How so?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I already have CBS All-Access (through Prime) so I figured I might as well watch it. If not for that I would have waited till at least most of the episodes were released.

...does this come with Prime? I never noticed, if that is the case. Oh NVM--just saw your later response.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
...does this come with Prime? I never noticed, if that is the case. Oh NVM--just saw your later response.

Also unfortunately I'm pretty sure once the promo ends next month its the same price sans-ads as it is just joining CBS All-Access by itself. I'm not crazy about Amazons video player either so I'll most likely bail out of their version for that reason if it isn't saving me $'s.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Just watched episode 2.
vlcsnap-2020-01-30-19h54m37s196.png

vlcsnap-2020-01-30-19h52m12s501.png

vlcsnap-2020-01-30-19h48m35s743.png

Looks like Star Fleet is aware of the existence of a synth who could be have been created using Data's neural positronic pathways/matrix by a cyberneticist named Commander Bruce Maddox. Picard thinks that the synth was created by Maddox to look like the person painted by Data years ago. Picard is looking for him, but Star Fleet wouldn't authorize and provide a ship and crew to do this. At the decomissioned Borg Cube (Artifact), research is being done on whatever remains of the Borg crew who are severed from the collective and presumed dead/deactivated. A spy (Narek) from a secret Romulan organization (Zhat Vash) is planted to get close to the synth (Soji - the surviving twin) who works inside the Borg Cube. The Romulans warn the people doing research there not to wonder around too much on areas they have no clearance for (Grey Zone), it could be potentially dangerous.

Last edited:

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
For anyone interested CBS has the first episode up for free on YouTube.

DownTheSky

Apr 7, 2013
First episode I found good. Second, not so much. It felt more like CSI or some other crap cop show my mother watches than Star Trek. Seriously, if there was no Picard in it, I would had wholeheartedly recommended it to her. Not only that but it dragged on and on and on, like they had to show everything. Hoping the 3rd one is better.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
First episode I found good. Second, not so much. It felt more like CSI or some other crap cop show my mother watches than Star Trek. Seriously, if there was no Picard in it, I would had wholeheartedly recommended it to her. Not only that but it dragged on and on and on, like they had to show everything. Hoping the 3rd one is better.

Need more shaky cam lens flares?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
manual aiming of phasers instead of auto targeting... meh