Teaser trailer for Star Trek: Picard

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It shows his families vineyard in France (episodes All Good Things and Family).

When the logo appears a flute plays. Possibly the Ressikan Flute from the best ever Star Trek episode, The Inner Light.

Reactions: esquared

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Stewart wouldn't come back to the role of it wasn't a good idea...this is going to be awesome.

Early guess- Picard left Star Fleet after learning the Borg originated from a secret morally ambiguous Star Fleet AI experiment... ;)

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
I already pay too much for "tv". Not buying more for Discover or Picard. But this show interests me far more than Discover.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I ended up trying CBS AllAccess to watch The Twilight Zone, and ended up leaving disappointed. Discovery was also as disappointing as I was expecting it to be.

Maybe this new Star Trek show will change my mind... we'll see.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The teaser videos seem to talk about a failed rescue mission. Maybe that was the one where Romulus got blown up?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Huh, I have CBS All Access for Twilight Zone, though I only watched the first two episodes and didn't care for it much, but I've kept it beause I realized Salvation is on there and I haven't even known about the second season. But I'll probably check it out since I have it for now.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
early guess is picard had convinced Starfleet to attempt to rescue the borg homeworld but failed miserably because Supreme Commander Donald Trump cur Starfleets funding!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Finished watching episode one a few minutes ago and I enjoyed it ... a couple awkward dialogue moments and seems like some liberties will be taken with Trekkie "canon" (lol) but aside from that off to a good start.

Unfortunately without spoilers can't really discuss further for now but IMO worth a watch.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Finished watching episode one a few minutes ago and I enjoyed it ... a couple awkward dialogue moments and seems like some liberties will be taken with Trekkie "canon" (lol) but aside from that off to a good start.

Unfortunately without spoilers can't really discuss further for now but IMO worth a watch.
Is it all available now, or are they releasing them separately to entice people to keep their subscription?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Really liked the first episode. Building a fantastic story. Like how things seem more grounded and recognizable on Earth :) Stewart is getting back into character...starting to feel like home again!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Stewart wouldn't come back to the role of it wasn't a good idea...this is going to be awesome.

Early guess- Picard left Star Fleet after learning the Borg originated from a secret morally ambiguous Star Fleet AI experiment... ;)

OK, I was a bit off, but not totally...

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Well, yes and no, I'm certainly not going to go for it, I'll just wait.

I already have CBS All-Access (through Prime) so I figured I might as well watch it. If not for that I would have waited till at least most of the episodes were released.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Got Disney + for the Mandalorian, it's over and they are too slow to come out with stuff I would want to watch. No young kids anymore so waste of money for me, regret paying for the full year. Won't do the same just to watch CBS, nope. If every channel wants 10 bucks a month for exclusive content I'll be back to the $150.00 a month TV bill. No thanks.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Trailer seems much grittier than TNG. Is this going to be an action series or more of a drama like TNG was?

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Just watched it.... :D

So Data is really unique, there is no other like him that can appear/act human. There is a universal ban on doing research on creating a synth just like him.
But, it looks like he has a "daughter" (twins actually) who can fool a human, since they look and act like one and also has special skills. Assassins are after her, she kills them all after being "activated".
She has visions of J.L.Picard not knowing who he is.

She finds him in his vineyard after viewing a screen with Picard being interviewed for his services in Star Fleet. She explains what happened, but decides to leave the next morning worried on putting Picard in danger.
A painting by Data made 30 years ago shows her at her current age, this puzzles Picard. This triggers him on a search on how this was accomplished suspecting "daughter" could be a synth.

He sees her again in San Francisco near the Star Trek archives but is killed by assassins (reveal to be Romulans) for unknown reasons. . The other twin appears to be working on a deactivated Borg cube "confiscated"
by the Romulans for "scientific" research. She doesn't know that her twin sister is dead.[/spoiler}

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I don`t mean to be a spoiler but I read recently that the Romulans were in control of a born sphere????
When I read that I knew at that moment that this would be special!!