Syria Provides Weapons To Hezbolla, UNIFIL Afraid of the Dark

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
That's lame, Aimster; you know extactly what he was talking about...

As for our friend Jhhnn, there seems to be no point in replying, as he lives in a world full of conspiracies, and those that do not think like him are, obviously, agents of propaganda.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: michaels
If they think they have it hard now with us buying all their oil, just imagine if we didn't.

they have no oil
I think he's referring to Iran and Syria who choose to arm their proxy terrorist friends, but not to feed, house, or educate them.

Can you imagine how nice Hezbollah and the Palestinians would be if Iran gave them money for food, housing, and a decent education instead of palstic explosives, AK47's, and RPG's?!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: dna
You seem to favor invasion with carpet bombings. Make things easier.

They should've carpet bombed during the first round; destroy their logistic network.

Yeah, that's right: collective punishment and all that.

No need to be squeemish: Hezbollah and Hamas carry out collective punishment all the time.

carpet bombing is barbaric.

It kills civilians.

But 10,000 dead civilians is better than 100 dead soldiers ...

*newsflash*

War is barbaric

We now return you to your regular programming

*newsflash*

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: palehorse74
my response referred to Craig's mention of our military's participation in insurgencies, such as the Contras back in the 80's. He equated it to Iran and Syria's support of the terrorists who attack Israel. In other words, he forgot whose side we're on., and why. So please read and try to keep up from now on.[/quote]

So what is the difference between us arming the Contra's in the 80s and what Iran and Syria are doing now? Our crap certainly doesn't smell like roses.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
That's lame, Aimster; you know extactly what he was talking about...

As for our friend Jhhnn, there seems to be no point in reply, as he lives in a world full of conspiracies, and those that do not think like him are, obviously, agents of propaganda.

I had no idea what he was talking about. & I do not see what is lame with anything I said. The title of this thread is "Syria....". Syria is not an oil rich nation so I would love for you to show me how in the world you came up with the theory that I knew what he was talking about.

Who are you to tell me what I was thinking or not? Please dig deeper into my mind and refresh all my memories with my ex girlfriends for me. Some of them were wonderful but I cannot seem to remember them all so well. Care to help?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
my response referred to Craig's mention of our military's participation in insurgencies, such as the Contras back in the 80's. He equated it to Iran and Syria's support of the terrorists who attack Israel. In other words, he forgot whose side we're on., and why. So please read and try to keep up from now on.

So what is the difference between us arming the Contra's in the 80s and what Iran and Syria are doing now? Our crap certainly doesn't smell like roses.[/quote]

[/quote]

Try to stayon topic please, deflecting the subject onto a topic from 20 years ago only shows how shallow and worthless your argument is on the current topic. If you want to talk about the Contra's go and make a new thread.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I had no idea what he was talking about.

Then why did you reply?

As for your other problem, perhaps a book on self-hypnosis will help.

Why dont you tell me what he was talking about?

You know everything. You can read minds!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Nice try dna- Conspiracies? I think it was the OP that inferred some conspiracy between the Syrians, Hezbollah, and the UN... and you offered it up in the first place.

There's nothing conspiratorial about the relationship between the Bush Admin and the Israelis, anyway, other than the lies used to develop a common line of propaganda... they're openly bosom buddies, pals in the WoT that they're pushing off onto the world. They create more terrorist sympathy every day, then point it out as a reason to create even more, in self defense, naturally...

You clearly serve that master, merely cutting and pasting their agitprop time and again... hope it pays well, or at least provides some sort of twisted emotional satisfaction to repeat dehumanizing mindless drivel over and over again...

"Remember which side we're on", Palehorse? Which side are we on- on the side of democracy, freedom and peace, or on the side of ethno-racist expropriation, repression and murder? How can we tell the Lebanese that we're friends when we furnish the Israelis with the means and excuses to annihilate them?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Funny you should place Nassrallah on the side of "democracy, freedom, and peace".

You must not have seen the video I linked to.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's false attribution wrt Nassrallah, dna... but you knew that, anyway... standard smear tactic.

Benny Elon, the Israeli counterpart to Nassrallah, has been touring the US with Repub notables, puffing up the cause with Fundie Zionist whackjobs across the land...

We sure as Hell can't support the values we profess by supporting and nurturing his POV, either, or by arming the Israelis in their efforts to create Greater Israel... on the broken dreams and dead bodies of anybody who gets in their way...

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
"False attribution" he says..... What a clown...

So, the video with Nasrallah yelling "Death to America" was fabricated, right?

Either you're trolling, or you are what you label everyone else: an agtiprop.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
my response referred to Craig's mention of our military's participation in insurgencies, such as the Contras back in the 80's. He equated it to Iran and Syria's support of the terrorists who attack Israel. In other words, he forgot whose side we're on., and why. So please read and try to keep up from now on.

So what is the difference between us arming the Contra's in the 80s and what Iran and Syria are doing now? Our crap certainly doesn't smell like roses.
There's not much difference in the logistics of the act; the difference lies in the intent. One was done to benefit the U.S. directly, and one is done to hurt the U.S. Guess which is which.

I'm all for our arming of insurgencies if it's done with the intent of hurting our enemies. Using the same logic, I'm against our enemies using the same methods against us.

pretty straight forward really. You see, I want the U.S. to win the wars we fight. I'm on our side.

we return to the bottom line: Us vs. Them. War is an ugly part of life, but since it's inevitable, I will continue to prefer to be on the winning side.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
"Remember which side we're on", Palehorse? Which side are we on- on the side of democracy, freedom and peace, or on the side of ethno-racist expropriation, repression and murder? How can we tell the Lebanese that we're friends when we furnish the Israelis with the means and excuses to annihilate them?
We simply point at Hezbollah and say "duh."

No more reason is necessary. Like I said, it's not our fault, or Israel's, that Lebanon is host to a large paramilitary/terrorist organization that seeks the total destruction of Israel. Lebanon can solve the entire problem by totally dismantling and disarming Hezbollah... they could at least try!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
That's false attribution wrt Nassrallah, dna... but you knew that, anyway... standard smear tactic.

Benny Elon, the Israeli counterpart to Nassrallah, has been touring the US with Repub notables, puffing up the cause with Fundie Zionist whackjobs across the land...

We sure as Hell can't support the values we profess by supporting and nurturing his POV, either, or by arming the Israelis in their efforts to create Greater Israel... on the broken dreams and dead bodies of anybody who gets in their way...
WTF is "Greater Israel"!? Since when has Israel set out to conquer more land and convert everyone to Judaism? If they truly wanted to expand their territory, there isn't jacksh*t that their neighbors could do about it! Hell, they've given up more land than they've taken since the founding of their nation! They have taken land after being attacked on all sides, and then they continuously gave that land back once their attackers were beaten. Israel has no desires to expand its reach or territories. All they desire is to be left alone in peace to prosper in the lands they already have. While every single one of their neighbors wants them wiped off the map.

So, who is trying to conquer who again? "Greater israel"... blech.. give me a frickin break.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
palehorse74, I suppose Jhhnn has falsly attributed intentions/goals to the state of Israel.

By his own definition, he just used a "smear tactic".

(*patiently awaits to be labeled an "agtiprop" :)*)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The false attribution, dna, is that I've sided with Nassrullah, dna... but you already knew that, too...

And the Israelis just want to be left alone, Palehorse? Really? Along with the West Bank, The Golan, Shebaa farms and maybe southern Lebanon up to the Litani river, right? Just left alone to deal with the captive populations however they see fit, right? And to use tanks and bulldozers, along with hellfire missiles to "police" Gaza, while they're at it...

Sure, they gave up more territory than they've gained, in the form of the Sinai, Which pretty much defines the whole concept of stinkin' desert...

Don't know what "Greater Israel" means? Try Google... This was the first link-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Israel

I mean, it's in the *Bible*, so it must really be the word of God, right?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
"False attribution" he says..... What a clown...

So, the video with Nasrallah yelling "Death to America" was fabricated, right?

Either you're trolling, or you are what you label everyone else: an agtiprop.

Who cares if he said death to America?

None of that crap in the M.E is our problem. They cannot harm us so why the hell should we care?

So you support the invasion of Iraq because your thinking matches the Republicians who wanted to go to war with Iraq.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

None of that crap in the M.E is our problem. They cannot harm us yet, so why the hell should we care?
fixed.

but hey, you're right. After all, if we just pull all of our troops out, and ignore the rise of fanaticism, it will all just go away, right?

ya...right. wake up.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

None of that crap in the M.E is our problem. They cannot harm us yet, so why the hell should we care?
fixed.

but hey, you're right. After all, if we just pull all of our troops out, and ignore the rise of fanaticism, it will all just go away, right?

ya...right. wake up.

You think Saddam wanted to hurt us? lol.

You think Hezbollah wants to hurt us? You think Iran wants to hurt us?

nobody wants to hurt the U.S except Al Qaeda.

Everything else is targetted directly at Israel and I do not think you want to die for Israel. Do you? I sure as hell am not going to die for another country while their forces sit on the sidelines.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
The false attribution, dna, is that I've sided with Nassrullah, dna... but you already knew that, too...

First you asserted that there is no link between Hezbollah and Syria, and then argued that Israel and USA are on the side of "ethno-racist expropriation, repression and murder". All that's left is "democracy, freedom and peace", so Nasrallah must be for that, no?

I mean, it's in the *Bible*, so it must really be the word of God, right?

That's so pathetic -- you resort to the bible to make accusations.
With that line of thinking, the Muslims are planning to take over the world, since that's the word of god, no?

In reality, both the Bible and the Koran are irrelevant, outdate books, full of fiction and quite a bit of nonsense.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
you're damn right he did.

Again, yes, they very much wish to hurt us... destroy us even!

Everything else is targetted directly at Israel and I do not think you want to die for Israel. Do you? I sure as hell am not going to die for another country while their forces sit on the sidelines.
You are lost and completely crazy if you truly think that those parties don't want to destroy the U.S. They each dream of the day that the U.S. is destroyed or converted. Their every breath, every day, is spent in an effort to make that happen.

The only question is: can they hurt us? And the answer to that is that we must continue to take actions to ensure the answer remains "no."

like I said, wake up.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
you're damn right he did.

Again, yes, they very much wish to hurt us... destroy us even!

You are lost and completely crazy if you truly think that those parties don't want to destroy the U.S. They each dream of the day that the U.S. is destroyed or converted. Their every breath, every day, is spent in an effort to make that happen.

The only question is: can they hurt us? And the answer to that is that we must continue to take actions to ensure the answer remains "no."

like I said, wake up.

You have no evidence to support your claims.

Non-sense talk.

You would make a good Bush PR person.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006

None of that crap in the M.E is our problem. They cannot harm us so why the hell should we care?

Oh, that's so rich........ :laugh:

Germany and Japan were almost half-way around the globe from the US, and they managed to harm the USA.

Do you really want to use that weak argument for burying your head in the sand?