Super Tuesday Results

Jan 25, 2011
So far Bernie wins Vermont and Biden is winning Virginia and NC. looks like the momentum off of the SC win and the others bowing out is really lifting Biden.

More surprising is it doesn’t look like Bernie is going to win Vermont by nearly the margin he did against Hillary. He had something like 84% of the vote in 2016 but doesn’t look like he will come close to that tonight.

Bloomberg looks like he spent a whole lotta money for nothing and Warren won’t be pulling 15% in many, if any, states.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ugh Bernie is done. Democrats can't win the presidency without Virginia and Biden is trouncing him there. I'm so fucking pissed at Elizabeth Warren blowing this election. I'll vote Biden for sure in the general, but I am not confident in the least in him beating Trump.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Seriously, as expected, Joe wins VA and NC, Bernie wins Vermont not going to do delegate breakdown. Looks like Biden is on a roll, going west, Texas and California are up in the air, upper mid west states also.

Jan 25, 2011
It will be interesting to see what Bloomberg does. They expected to get delegates in NC and Virginia and they can’t break 10%. If he’s smart he will save the rest of his money and call it an expensive lesson.

im also surprised that so far Bernie is barely breaking 50% in Vermont.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It will be interesting to see what Bloomberg does. They expected to get delegates in NC and Virginia and they can’t break 10%. If he’s smart he will save the rest of his money and call it an expensive lesson.
Yep, time for him to just spend his money. Warren's got to be making a decision or some kind of deal with Bernie maybe, but her getting out does not mean her supporters would necessarily gravitate to Sanders.

Reactions: Bitek
Jan 25, 2011
Biden wins Alabama. Massachusetts too close to call In a 3 way race with Warren. Same with Oklahoma and Maine between Biden and Sanders.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Ugh Bernie is done. Democrats can't win the presidency without Virginia and Biden is trouncing him there. I'm so fucking pissed at Elizabeth Warren blowing this election. I'll vote Biden for sure in the general, but I am not confident in the least in him beating Trump.

That doesn't really say anything about the general. It just another indication it's difficult to peel off black voters from establishment candidates, especially those from former admins. Remember, Hillary shellacked Bernie in the black vote in 2016, but she wasn't a super strong candidate. For those who liked Pete, Amy, and Liz, they were faring far worse with the nonwhite vote, but we all know most would actually come around if they were the nominees, too.

Feb 4, 2009

I thought you were voting Trump if it wasn't Bernie?

Dec 10, 2005
It seems like some people want to have it both ways: 2016 - Sanders can stay till the convention as that's his prerogative; 2020 - people should drop out to clear the path for the front runners...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Weird Texas coming in at different time zones. Bernie's ahead, Bloomberg, then Biden. Only 1% in. No post polling for all of Texas for any projection.

Jan 25, 2011
It seems like some people want to have it both ways: 2016 - Sanders can stay till the convention as that's his prerogative; 2020 - people should drop out to clear the path for the front runners...
Not much different than Sanders himself. He wants everyone else out if he is the front runner. In 2016 he was all in for a contested convention.

Dec 10, 2005
Not much different than Sanders himself. He wants everyone else out if he is the front runner. In 2016 he was all in for a contested convention.
Precisely. It seems kind of stupid for people to drop out when <5% of all votes had been cast. Your power over the platform will be directly related to the number of delegates you control, and it seems like no one could get a majority at this point.

Jan 25, 2011
Sanders should be thankful for the early voting in Texas. Something like half the votes were cast absentee. Biden has been the clear winner in late deciders by huge margins.

Reactions: hal2kilo

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Hmm, the presidential debates are going to be brutal this year. Neither candidate is going to be able to complete a sentence and it's going to be an policy-free insult fest between two septuagenarians.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don’t blame Warren, she has every right to compete, as does Bloomberg.

I am disappointed that Buttigieg and Klobuchar caved to give status quo Joe momentum.

Nov 8, 2012
Basically the heavy south (majority black population) is Joe Biden.

The rest is Bernie. News at 11.

No seriously, even Texas is Bernie.

Jan 25, 2011
Basically the heavy south (majority black population) is Joe Biden.

The rest is Bernie. News at 11.

No seriously, even Texas is Bernie.
Ummmm. No.

And Texas awards about 60% of their delegates based on state senate districts. Sanders won’t walk out of Texas with nearly the delegates they expected.

Nov 8, 2012
Regardless, this day has given me a solid gridlock on this: Trump is winning in 2020. Hope you dems are satisfied.