Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by AudioTruth, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarfieldtheCat

GarfieldtheCat Diamond Member

I think our resident audiophiles need to man up and do a true double blind test with all this snake oil, and see what happens.

Until that happens, it's all BS

2. cheez

cheez Golden Member

OMG that is so true and hilarious ha ha :D I couldn't have said better. :thumbsup:

Very well said. In the past my body was weak due to the lack of nutrients and kept eating wrong food. I was often tired and it did affect my hearing too. Another thing is you can't enjoy music when you're tired... I've got all the vitamins from Spinach (one of the badass veggie found on earth). I drink 4 cups of Japanese green tea now, and also consume large dose of veggies in the ramen... I feel great as * (oops pardon me for bad language). My MOMMY cooks for me so she sends me some food once a week too so extra saving on my money. :D

No profanity in the tech forums

esquared
    Anandtech Forum Director

#177 cheez, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
  3. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Wow, that's some hardcore stuff. Beyond what I thought of doing.

Kudos to you!

4. cheez

cheez Golden Member

This is my dream power cord:

Audioquest NRG Wel Signature
    [​IMG]

My wish list. No way I can get that anytime soon... :(

5. Brian Stirling

Brian Stirling Diamond Member

OK, micro detail is great and all but I want nano detail and I don't want to spend $13M for it -- is there any hope? ;);)

Spending $80K for speaker wire is like an old Gremlin (car) with $5000 22" wheels...

Brian

6. uhohs

uhohs Diamond Member

7. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Yeah but they don't use them for listening to fine audio equipment. After all, it's hospital not a music studio... D:

8. Brian Stirling

Brian Stirling Diamond Member

Actually, Hospital Grade is a UL thing and specs the requirements for use in Hospitals. Not related to audio at all...

Brian

9. Drako

Drako Lifer

Wow, this thread brought out more loons than a typical P&N thread :D

10. Drako

Drako Lifer

Oh and cheez, and you've rendered your ERS paper useless by taping them together with packing tape. You should have sown them together with cotton thread. :colbert:

:D

11. Deders

Deders Platinum Member

Surely only silk would do?

12. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

13. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

I tested the cable in many ways, it works perfectly and is built perfectly! There is no way the cable could have blown his tubes.

1) Plugged it into my amp, ran music for 15 minutes, worked perfectly.

2) I opened up the plugs, the conductors were crazy tight, I pulled and rotated in all directions, the conductors didn't come loose, I used all my strength, nothing can loosen the conductors!

3) The conductors were wired properly. Blue wire to blue screw, brown wire to brown screw. Green/yellow wire to green screw. Identical on both plugs!

4) I Inspected the cable closely and the copper conductors look fresh, no sign of a short-circuit anywhere. The insulation looks new, no sign of melting.

14. Aharami

Aharami Lifer

my elbow and palm hurts from all the faceplaming!

15. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The ERS Paper needs to have tape on the edges to avoid short-circuits. Otherwise this happens:

[​IMG]

16. Drako

Drako Lifer

And if you did not use ERS paper, you wouldn't have that problem :D

17. scootermaster

scootermaster Platinum Member

You guys are over-thinking this.

First off, it's an obvious troll thread. I don't doubt this dude is in to audiophile shit, and I don't doubt this dude tries to make money off of it, but beyond that....

Regardless, look at it like this:

Let's say you're 90, and on your death bed. In the bed next to you, sharing a room, is your best friend, but he's a devout Christian. He's 100% convinced, without a shadow of a doubt that he's going to heaven. You're...not. You're just a dude.

Don't you think, at that moment, your friend is probably happier than you are? Keep in mind, this has no bearing on whether or not he's actually going to heaven, but if this cat THINKS he is, it probably makes him feel better [also, to be completely fair, you don't know for certainly he's NOT going to heaven. I mean, you can't scientifically prove it, so, y'know....]

So, yeah, if you've made peace with your beliefs, and are 100% sure that there is no god, and you're cool with where you go when you die, then yeah, you might come close to being as happy as that dude, but, a). you'll probably never quite get to his level of happiness and b). eliminating ALL doubt, without something to help you through the process -- i.e. "faith", the idea that you don't have to explain everything -- is really, really, really freakin' tough, and a state most people don't ever get to.

So it is with this audiophile retard.

He simply "believes". Well, that, and he wants to scam people out of money with his beliefs. He's no different than an evangelist on TV in that regard. But the point is, he has faith in his "god"; in this case, his "eargasms". We can't prove it doesn't exist, because, really, for him it does exist. And we shouldn't begrudge that any more than you'd begrudge someone dying their belief in the afterlife, as silly as it may sound to the rest of us.

18. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The same can be said about the skeptics. They simply "believe" that cables can't make a difference. They don't even try cables because their belief is so strong.

All audiophiles have been skeptics at one point, then they tried cables and found the truth. Most of the skeptics still live in ignorance, it's sad what they are missing. It's like they never lose their virginity.

19. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

Facepalm... the metal case of the equipment is a hell lot more effective than your ERS...

20. RampantAndroid

RampantAndroid Diamond Member

Not to nitpick, but Aluminum wire has been used in homes as well, though I think that's finally stopped - copper + aluminum = ignition risk.

---

I've brought this thread to the attention of the moderators. I doubt anything will be done, but let's stop feeding the troll.

People: I suggest you look up Patrick82 and ValhallaPC on the audio forums. If you want to laugh at a troll, you've found him.

21. uhohs

uhohs Diamond Member

I hope this thread stays open, it's great. :)

22. SyndromeOCZ

SyndromeOCZ Senior member

Seeing as you have some very high end $80,000 power cables. I would assume you could afford a half decent knife for opening packages. Or at least a wet stone and 10 minutes to watch a youtube video and sharpen your blunt steel object in the video.

23. RampantAndroid

RampantAndroid Diamond Member

THAT NOT IMPROVE SOUND! You must wrap the knife in paper, that will greatly improve your sound quality since the knife can reflect RF waves.

You must also wrap yourself in paper, since the body gives off low level electrical impulses.

24. Phanuel

Phanuel Platinum Member

I google "ERS paper" and the second link is to a head-fi.org thread from 2007... with surprise special guest Patrick82!

25. Phanuel

Phanuel Platinum Member

You know, I've wondered about this as well. Shouldn't we, the listeners, place our selves in Faraday cages to remove the variable of us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.